I League Player Transfers News & Rumors 2013-14

Comments

• archakarchak 2082 Points
    rudra wrote: »
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    Joyptan wrote: »
    Yesterday after the AFC Cup match EB officials have given TJM an offer that the club will arrange two all expence paid trips for his family for 7 days.

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">7 days!!!  Do they understand what Morgan was saying? (assuming he was fully honest and this is not a salary hike strategy)</font></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>@rudra meant 2 7 days trip during the season</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Then give a better idea @rudra

<br><div><br></div><div>if he is saying the truth, then one has to understand that money is hardly the issue here. the man is saying i am away from home for 3 years etc...and the officials say 'ok, alright we pay for a 7 days visit'. LOL that sounds like an insult to me. Ofcourse, there's a possibility that Morgan actually wants a payrise, but the officials need to offer him all that in a closed door discussion, not so openly</div>
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    edited April 2013
    @rudra so u don't have a better idea than leting him go!
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    @rudra so u don't have a better idea than leting him go!

<br><div><br></div><div>as long as I don't lose the distinction between a human and a market commodity, I am quite comfortable with my inabilities</div>
  • Thats work/job/career. So many people miss their grandchildren. With such good salary, TJM can bring his grandchildren to calcutta during school holidays.I am sure even Wim Koevarmans or Rob Baan or well Odafa, Barisic, Baretto, Chidi, Yusif Yakubu-all have families and they deal with it. buy/rent a house and send them air tickets. simple.<br>
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    John Wilkinson tweeted: Dave Booth just told by Salgaocar that they can't afford to keep him as
    coach next season.....shame, I know he was planning strong team.<br><br>Wilkinson himself has decided to return back to Singapore next season.<br>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    edited April 2013
    Thats work/job/career. So many people miss their grandchildren. With such good salary, TJM can bring his grandchildren to calcutta during school holidays.I am sure even Wim Koevarmans or Rob Baan or well Odafa, Barisic, Baretto, Chidi, Yusif Yakubu-all have families and they deal with it. buy/rent a house and send them air tickets. simple.<br><br><div><br></div><div>Its a person to person decision and much more complicated...one cant generalise</div>
  • Domnic wrote: »
    John Wilkinson tweeted: Dave Booth just told by Salgaocar that they can't afford to keep him as
    coach next season.....shame, I know he was planning strong team.<br><br>Wilkinson himself has decided to return back to Singapore next season.<br>

<br><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>Why are these things so open I will never know.</div>
  • Baberto wrote: »
    Bulpin has rightly stated, " The problem with Indian football is that you keep bringing in strikers from Africa. "<br>What does players like N.D.Opara, Muritala Ali, Koko Sakibo, O. J. Obatola, Henry Ezeh and Junior Obagbemiro has to offer?<br>Yakubu is a legend and Eric Brown is good. Odafa is a basketball player who tries to bully the defenders. Ranti has good movements and always stay calm. Chidi's style of play is somewhat different; he can accelerate anytime and doesn't carry the star-image with him. Henri Antchouet has powerful shots and presence of mind. Moga is just over-rated.<br> <br>If we consider the other forwards, Balal Arezou might have scored 9 goals in 10 apps for his national team, but he has been a total waste in Norway. Andrew Barisić has good pace, he is scoring goals and is a true team player, but he lacks skills. Same with Kayne Vincent, he cannot challenge a defender, he cannot dodge past someone. Tolgay Özbey was good, had great pace and dodging skills, but somehow lost them.Haven't seen Boima Karpeh but he has been scoring goals regularly. What can I say about Josimar da Silva Martins, he doesn't have the physic to play football. Sho Kamimura, Seiya Sugishita and Taisuke Matsugae should be given time, it looks like that they have potential, but time will only tell. Juanfri has a great CV, but that doesn't earn you a contract, does it? Who are Salau Nuruddin and Pablo Rodríguez? Do they play football? And of course, Edinho Júnior is a class apart, but he is here for a holiday.<br><br>Now how can players like Beevan D'Mello, Branco Cardozo, Shankar Orao or Lalmohan Hansda show their worth. Perhaps we should start counting the no. of Indian forwards who are only signed to warm the benches. At least then they can come up in discussions,<br>

<br><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>Sounds like we are just saying that all Africans are bad when that is not the truth. The majority of Africans here are crap and shit but the rest are okay. Henry at least provides. Odafa as well as much as I hate to say it. Ranti surely does as well. Ezeh is 21 (supposedly) so he has potential.</div><div><br></div><div>The problem here is the Africans we sign are the ones from facebook etc and we pay them more than anyone would. Would Odafa be a 2 crore man in any other country? No. And there are plenty of better options out there that are cheaper.</div><div><br></div><div>I always like comparing the I-League to the 3rd tier of the United States, the USL Pro and here it is:</div><div><br></div><div>The USL Pro is a better quality league with low-paid players while the I-League is of worst quality on the pitch but with high payed players.</div><div><br></div><div>Think about that for a minute.</div>
This discussion has been closed.