I League Player Transfers News & Rumors 2013-14

Comments

• <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    rudra wrote: »
    Joyptan wrote: »
    @Arsenalkid700 even though its 3rd tier but stil is America. the players can get higher in the league syestem if they perform and get higher salerys. but in india nobody will notice a good performence except other indian clubs.

and also many south americans whould prefer staying in america than india.

look at tjm , carlos they are not wiling to stay here even though they are getting paid very well.

and last but not least our clubs don't do scouting. Specialy EB & MB can't take risks of a new unknown player. Rember Alan Gao?
    </font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">This is one VERY important aspect @joyptan has pointed out. We just compare the salaries, but dont put in the factor how much staying in a particular country matters. Someone here pointed out why cant TJM's family settle in Kolkata and have a comfortable life...the point is they dont want to stay their, practicalities of life! These factors also regulate many football signings.</div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">True but what makes these random African foreigners etc so happy in India? How come they happen to be comfortable. I understand what you guys are saying as it has been brought up before in many cases but how can these Africans just be confortable and possibly not anyone else.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Also I am guessing it would be stupid at this point to suggest the club provide hospitality.</font></div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    It is logical that someone from Europe, US, Aus, in other words more developed countries will find things more different here. Africans on the other hand won't have so much problem, plus climatic change is also not drastic. Language problem is also not drastic as most speak english.<div><br></div><div>You see when players who have seen great conditions at a young age (ex- Ricketts), they are always surprised to see the conditions here, African players (most of them atleast), dont have such exposure and are more adaptable here.</div><div><br></div><div>Unless, the amount of money is super huge (like the Chinese do), the big names wont be easily lured into playing here for long</div>
  • Arsenalkid700Arsenalkid700 7 Points
    edited April 2013
    True and it is interesting you brought up China. Look at Anelka and Drogba. They hated it there. They hated the politics or the club and who knows what else. So even with the money (almost what Messi made reportedly) it was not enough to keep him.<div><br></div><div>And I agree with that. In fact India must be a "level up" in terms of living.</div><div><br></div><div>Okay, however I never really said we should sign guys from the US or Europe (if I did then I mistyped as usual) but why not guys in other Asian leagues like in South-East Asia. You have some talent in Thailand (past the big 3-4 clubs), Singapore, and Vietnam but we do nothing about it. And I am not talking about the domestic South-East Asians but the foreigners they have. Many of them are good quality. And from what I saw from my visit to Bangkok four years ago it is not so different then to Delhi or Mumbai.</div>
  • <span style="font-weight: normal;">
    munna21977 wrote: »
    "Demand and Supply"  governs pay structure. They can define why we are paying so much for not so good foeigners. Not many people want to come to India as they will not get noticed for their National Team and also not for lucrative European market by performing well in India. </span><b>Once we improve our football infrastructure and TV issues, better foreigners will start coming. <br></b>

<br><div><br></div><div>Very true.</div>
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    sujoy76 wrote: »
    any more transfer gossip?<br>

<br><div style="font-weight: normal;"><br></div><div>for gossip go to gossip thread... this thread is for <b>who the clubs should be linked to</b> and not the gossip thread </div>
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    But sadly its turned into a gossip thread.
  • Domnic wrote: »
    But sadly its turned into a gossip thread.

<br><div><br></div><div>We have turned into aunties.</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    come on u guys have to agree that transfer gossip in indian football is more exciting than the football itself! And MB are undoubtable champions there! Although I see prayag challeging it :)
  • rudra wrote: »
    come on u guys have to agree that transfer gossip in indian football is more exciting than the football itself! And MB are undoubtable champions there! Although I see prayag challeging it :)

<br><div><br></div><div>Na, I see United Sikkim rising really soon. Word down the street says that USFC could be after a few "high known players".</div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">By the way, I must ask. I understand that these African foreigners are used to the climate in India and are used to the life style etc but what is stopping us from signing guys from better African leagues.</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">You have the Nigerian Premier League, Ghana Pro League, Botola (Morocco), Elite One (Cameroon), Ligue 1 (Ivory Coast).</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Why dont we go for players in these leagues?</font></div>
This discussion has been closed.