I League Player Transfers News & Rumors 2013-14

Comments

• Joyptan wrote: »
    So after all this what the point? That with side income american 3rd tier players get more money than what I-league players get. So what the argeument about.

<br><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>Well I am not sure that 3rd tier guys get the same stuff as 1st or 2nd tier guys (I guess they do have some things, camps I know is a must) but the argument here is simple:</div><div><br></div><div>The 3rd tier guys in America do not make as good of a salary as the I-League players do but the 3rd tier guys in the US are of better quality than the I-League guys. That is the argument. That the 3rd tier in the US is able to attract better quality for cheaper while I-League will be willing to pay guys like Odafa and MLS type salary when he would be no wear near close to that in MLS.</div>

<br><br><br><br>I think I missed the point. 3rd Tier is able to attract better talent and quality. I agree. I went into a different type of argument with medical insurance which is completely out of topic and should not be a part of thread.<br>
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    What kind of transfer news and rumours is being discussed. Totally off topic issue. Plz discuss in general discussion thread.

@gaffertape. Common man, give some latest transfer rumours.
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    @Arsenalkid700 even though its 3rd tier but stil is America. the players can get higher in the league syestem if they perform and get higher salerys. but in india nobody will notice a good performence except other indian clubs.

and also many south americans whould prefer staying in america than india.

look at tjm , carlos they are not wiling to stay here even though they are getting paid very well.

and last but not least our clubs don't do scouting. Specialy EB & MB can't take risks of a new unknown player. Rember Alan Gao?
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    munna21977 wrote: »
    @gaffertape ;   difficult to compare. Medical Insurance wow. Do you know that cost of Medical treatment is insane in USA. Normal things like taking out a tooth or MRI scan is worth thousands of dollars in USA becoz of their horribly expensive Medical system. That may look as perks or incentives to US people as they have no idea that such things exist either for free or cheap in other countries. </font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Do you think one player at MLS will be happy that his spouse gets medical insurance while a manchester City player's spouse has to rely on NHS for her Medical treatment.  I have been living for years in USA-Insurance system is insanelyexpensive. out of pocket expenses/copayment alone is more then what a private hospital will charge. just search in google how every year thousands of American patients come to India for surgeries????</font><br><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">And you think that Indian players quality of life is no better then average Janitor    WOW  thats a dumb thing to say. next what Walmart salary and living in Trailer Park is Great American Dream????? </font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">I dont know why but I feel you are a very political person. :p</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Anyway, in terms of medical. For the average non-soccer player making $30,000 I actually understand what you are saying. It is fucking expensive. No joke. But these are professionals soccer players we are talking about here. If the player is injured, in or outside of game, your expenses are basically done by the club (some percentage, not 100%). You are good.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Ryan Meara only made the rookie salary of $30,000 last season and yet he was still able to pay for his surgeries and his college education (which he still did while with the team).</font></div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    Joyptan wrote: »
    @Arsenalkid700 even though its 3rd tier but stil is America. the players can get higher in the league syestem if they perform and get higher salerys. but in india nobody will notice a good performence except other indian clubs.

look at tjm , carlos they are not wiling to stay here even though they are getting paid very well.

and last but not least our clubs don't do scouting. Specialy EB & MB can't take risks of a new unknown player. Rember Alan Gao?

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">That rarely happens actually. Many players will join the 3rd tier but you need to be lucky to join the MLS. The quality cap is huge. In fact I can not really remember the last time a player went from 3rd to 1st tier here. The top scorer from the 2011 2nd tier NASL went to MLS the next season and failed. Basically did not play at all. Of course there are better stories but this is more known.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Johnny Menyongar is one player that made the move and has so far been successful with it (at first - now age is catching up).</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">And with Alan Gow. The man had a good Federation Cup and in only 5 games in I-League had 2 goals. For a guy who went from England to India that is really good. And now where is he? He is back in England playing in the 3rd tier. A league that any Indian would have trouble in.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">And also it is possible to keep them there. Beto and Luciano Sabroso love it in India. Same with Josimar.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">If the right hospitality is provided they will stay. Obviously not all but most.</font></div>
  • @Arsenalkid700 ;   Sorry for my off-topic outburst but my point is that due to difference in costs, College Tuition and Medical insurance can be a very big incentive in USA but not in India and other countries.<br><br>
  • munna21977 wrote: »
    @Arsenalkid700 ;   Sorry for my off-topic outburst but my point is that due to difference in costs, College Tuition and Medical insurance can be a very big incentive in USA but not in India and other countries.<br><br>

<br><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>Its cool. I actually agree with you. Specially on the college tuition. So fucking expensive. That is why I want to go to England but I am still considering America.</div>
    Prayag united planning to raid dempo for players. They have contacted with as many as 4 dempo players including Clifford Miranda.
  • Joyptan wrote: »

<br><div><br></div><div>BTW I hope you did not get the wrong message here. I am not saying that I-League clubs should sign USL Pro players or do what they do and sign Brazilians (most of them do move to Florida and try-out).</div><div><br></div><div>I am just saying that they are smartly increasing the quality of the league while spending less. There are a lot of talents in Asia that would be great for this league. Bilal Narjjan for example. Some Thai stars (foreign and Thai) and Vietnam etc.</div><div><br></div><div>I mean here we are hearing about no kit managers, clubs having trouble financially yet we hear super salaries to undeserving players. If we could lower the salaries that means a lot more will be available for other things.</div>
    No didn't got the wrong. I was just giving an exaple. As i said that no club or atleast most clubs don't do any scouting for new players thats they are paying inflated salareys to existing players.
This discussion has been closed.