I League Player Transfers News & Rumors 2013-14

Comments

• Joyptan wrote: »
    No didn't got the wrong. I was just giving an exaple. As i said that no club or atleast most clubs don't do any scouting for new players thats they are paying inflated salareys to existing players.

<br><div><br></div><div>And that is why we need a salary cap. More money spent on players means less money available for other things like proper medics or kit managers to prevent what happened yesterday and scouts. These guys need to be payed for as well.</div>
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    edited April 2013
    Btw i was thinking about this then it came into my mind that indian clubs aren't that bad also in bringing in new players.

The guys who get high salareys they have proved themselvs in I-league to get that high salareys.

We see many new faces every season in I-league. More the league gets competetive the more better players will come to play here. (example - this season)

There must be some other reason which we don't know of yet. If a club can go and bring a new shit player , then what stops them in bringing a much better player with not much extra money? That is the big question we should know the answer of.
  • <div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Okay. Lets look at it like this:</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Tolgay Ozbey. He makes more than 1 crore in India. You could say that he has earned it but then looking at the overall quality of the league and how the league is looked at in Asian football <span style="font-size: 10pt; ">in terms of on and off the field does he really deserve it? Many would say no because the I-League has not really benefited from his arrival. No one cares about Tolgay Ozbey, he has not attracted any new fans or brought any new professionalism to the game. He just came in and did well and we award him with a contract that not even the A-League would give him.</span></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><span style="font-size: 10pt; "><br></span></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Same with Ranti Martins and Odafa Okolie. How many years have they been in India? What improvements have we seen from them to prove that they are 2 crore men? Nothing.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">At the end of the day no one really deserves to make more than 1 crore (bloody hell that is what Mangi makes!). Maybe a few like Hernandez or Bilal do because they can back themselves easily but why Ranti and Odafa?</font></div>
    Bilal? Are u talking about fromer CB CB(Center Back :P )?
  • Joyptan wrote: »
    Bilal? Are u talking about fromer CB CB(Center Back :P )?

<br><div><br></div><div>Yes. The Lebanese international who was also captain at club and country who also backed it up with amazing performances in the I-League.</div>
    What the hell did he brought extra? Or did he brought the Int. caps that he got playing for Lebanon?
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    Joyptan wrote: »
    What the hell did he brought extra? Or did he brought the Int. caps that he got playing for Lebanon?

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Look at the differences between the Churchill Brothers defense during and after Bilal left them. It was not his caps. Those were just extras but on the field he commanded his defense. He was also a very technical player and very good at starting a play from the back. He also managed to move up the pitch and create scoring opportunities (a very good trait for a center-back). He almost acted as a false defensive midfielder for Churchill Brothers.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Of course this is just from what I have seen of him. Guys like @Dominic can give more on him.</font></div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">By the way, this guy is currently on "trial" with the New York Red Bulls (more like fitness practices etc), however I do not think he will pass based on his recent stats and stint with Celtic in the SPL. Some I-League teams may want to take a look though:</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Badr_El_Kaddouri</font></div>;
  • How much will he cost?<br>
  • munna21977 wrote: »
    How much will he cost?<br>

<br><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>Sadly I do not know. I would guess around 1-2 crores with the option to leave the club mid-season if a good offer comes around.</div><div><br></div><div>That is if he is still cocky enough to think he is still a big player. If he is reasonable then I can see him signing for as much as Hernandez did.</div>
This discussion has been closed.