I League Player Transfers News & Rumors 2013-14

Comments

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    edited April 2013
    Thanx to Moga for asking a staggering 1.5Crores. EB ain't paying him that.

Enough of African Black Mambas.
  • Baberto wrote: »
    Baberto wrote: »
    I don't know how the Indian officials judge a foreign player?<br>Alan Gow after being released (on medical grounds) by KEB joins Exeter City, scored 7 goals in 30 matches till now.......<br>Same with Rohan Ricketts, he has joined Club Deportivo Quevedo, a Ecuadorian Serie A club........<br>What can we understand from these? Is I-League better than the above 2 leagues? Wow!!<br>And you people expect good players will come to India........<br>GOD help these officials......<br><span class="fn"></span>

<br><div><br><br></div><div>Ha, Alan Gow did not leave on "medical" reasons. He was always using India as a fitness stint. He did very well in the Federation Cup and had an okay start in the I-League for a guy who just came in from England. He got an offer and went back to more comfortable surroundings and is now playing at a higher level.</div><div><br></div><div>As for Ricketts. First off, in litterally 2/3rds of the games he played for Dempo he was played as a striker. He is a midfielder for gods sake! A left-mid actually so why play him as a striker. Finally when he was played as a left-mid you guys saw him show some talent. If he stayed longer and played longer at that position you would have seen more from him. Him going to Ecuador? Better level than I-League but to be fair it is not as if he starts every game over there. He has only played 6 matches so far, started 5 and got subbed off in 4. So it is not as if he just left and is now dominating.</div>

<br><br><br>Ya, I agree that Ricketts is not dominating there, but still can you question his quality? His receiving, crosses and through passes were a treat to watch (better than most other foreigners in Indian soil). <br>2 years back KEB were in talks with <span id="ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_HTStoryPageControl_Para1">ex-Portugal star Nuno Gomes and South Africa defender Matthew Booth, and </span><br><span id="ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_HTStoryPageControl_Para1">Ariel Ortega was on Dempo's radar, Prayag also tried to sign Ronaldinho last year but failed........<br>Is the financial aspect the only obstruction? I don't think so....<br>If China can, then why can't we?<br></span>

<br><div><br></div><div>I won't question his quality at all. I was so happy when he signed and felt that once he was finally put in his proper position he was able to show off his true abilities. Sadly some off-field issues were bigger and he had to leave. Hopefully he can comen back.<br><br></div><div>As for the other guys, its quality and infrastructure. Why would Ronaldinho or Gomes play in India when they have a chance to play in Portugal or Brazil and still play regularly and while still being adored by their home fans. And I am certain clubs like Benfica can easily match what East Bengal and Prayag United would pay them. </div><div><br></div><div>As for Ortega, it failed because of the merchandise percentage issue... how much merchandise do we sell in India and at what price? Not enough to get a guy like Ortega happy.</div>
  • BabertoBaberto 633 Points
    gaffertape wrote: »
    Katsumi Yusa signs a 70odd Lakh/yr deal with Mohun Bagan , 2yr deal

James Moga asked for a staggering 1.5Crores !!

<br><br>WTF 70 lakh/yr for Katsumi ? Every one takes advantage of the Mohun Bagan officials.....<br>He is indeed a good player but isn't 70 lakh too high? I think <span class="fn">Wie Hyo-Jun of </span>Mohammedan Sporting Club would have been a better deal....<br>On the second thought, he deserves 70 lakh considering the price of the other foreigner present in I-League....<br>
    edited April 2013
    Btw who is going for Babatunde? 2 hattricks in 2 games.
    Katsumi signed a deal worth 55-60 lakhs not 70 lakhs.
  • SoccerloverSoccerlover 3434 Points
    Joyptan wrote: »
    Alan gao was released by EB because of his not up to the mark performence.

Oh he was also a tad faster than a snail. :P

<br><div><br></div><div>Dude snails are fast majestic creatures.</div><div><br></div><div>But seriously, he only played a few games in the I-League before leaving. I think he deserves a bit of slack. Going from England to India is bloody hard, specially when most matches were during the day.</div><div><br></div><div>His hair style was cool as well.</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>This is the kinda discussion Arsenalkid does in this thread...!!!! For someone, supposedly knowing so much about World Football(next only to Sepp Blatter!), this is what his contribution..!!!! talking about the hairstyle player who has long left the shores of Indian Football....</div><div>He could have easily ignored/not commented on this message - but thats his so called "forte" - he would comment on anything and everything, howsoever irrelevant it is.... And this is what I had said earlier also....</div>
  • BabertoBaberto 633 Points
    Is Minchol Son moving any where? He has been brilliant this season.....<b><br></b>
    This is the kinda discussion Arsenalkid does in this thread...!!!! For someone, supposedly knowing so much about World Football(next only to Sepp Blatter!), this is what his contribution..!!!! talking about the hairstyle player who has long left the shores of Indian Football....</div><div>He could have easily ignored/not commented on this message - but thats his so called "forte" - he would comment on anything and everything, howsoever irrelevant it is.... And this is what I had said earlier also....</div>
    saocba.jpg
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points

<br><div><br></div><div>Dude snails are fast majestic creatures.</div><div><br></div><div>But seriously, he only played a few games in the I-League before leaving. I think he deserves a bit of slack. Going from England to India is bloody hard, specially when most matches were during the day.</div><div><br></div><div>His hair style was cool as well.</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>This is the kinda discussion Arsenalkid does in this thread...!!!! For someone, supposedly knowing so much about World Football(next only to Sepp Blatter!), this is what his contribution..!!!! talking about the hairstyle player who has long left the shores of Indian Football....</div><div>He could have easily ignored/not commented on this message - but thats his so called "forte" - he would comment on anything and everything, howsoever irrelevant it is.... And this is what I had said earlier also....</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Arey it was a joke!</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points

<br><div><br></div><div>Dude snails are fast majestic creatures.</div><div><br></div><div>But seriously, he only played a few games in the I-<span style="font-size: 10pt;">eague before leaving. I think he deserves a bit of slack. Going from England to India is bloody hard, specially when</span><span style="font-size: 10pt;">L most matches were during the day.</span></div><div><br></div><div>His hair style was cool as well.</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>arey it was just a joke</div>
This discussion has been closed.