IMG-Reliance sponsored AIFF's IPL style league

Comments

• ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    edited August 2013
    samiam wrote: »
    if SRK buys a team in img-r i think i think big players can be brought in<br> :D

<br><br>Yeah they'll be offered a role in Chennai Express 2.<br>
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    if SRK buys a team in img-r i think i think big players can be brought in<br> :D

<br><div><br></div><div>Why? Because he is rich? Because he is famous?</div><div><br></div><div>Sure, that will help but he won't help much until we figure out how to lower the quality gap between these "stars" and the Indian players, get good infrastructure, and get a proper format for stars. If none of this happens then SRK can't do nothing.</div>
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

Big players? Big in Age or Big in Size?
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    edited August 2013
    <br>

<br><div><br></div><div>Why? Because he is rich? Because he is famous?</div><div><br></div><div>Sure, that will help but he won't help much until we figure out how to lower the quality gap between these "stars" and the Indian players, get good infrastructure, and get a proper format for stars. If none of this happens then SRK can't do nothing.</div>

<br><br>dude  they dont have to lower their quality but when we play with them our quality will improve seriously <br>slowly but surely.....<br>btw in i league also good foreigners are coming in i dont see u saying they will have to lower their quality gap<br> :-w
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    Joyptan wrote: »

Big players? Big in Age or Big in Size?

<br><br>no big in shape<br> :^o
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    </font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    if SRK buys a team in img-r i think i think big players can be brought in</font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"> :D

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">Why? Because he is rich? Because he is famous?</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">Sure, that will help but he won't help much until we figure out how to lower the quality gap between these "stars" and the Indian players, get good infrastructure, and get a proper format for stars. If none of this happens then SRK can't do nothing.</div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">dude  they dont have to lower their quality but when we play with them our quality will improve seriously </font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">slowly but surely.....</font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">btw in i league also good foreigners are coming in i dont see u saying they will have to lower their quality gap</font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"> :-w

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I assume by big players you meant players who are better than any of the foreigners in the I-League (Michael Owen for example or even Seyi Olofinjana). Surely these big guys that IMG-Reliance keep talking about will be better than James Meyer, John Johnson, Curtis Osano, Cornell Glen etc. otherwise why have this tournament? </font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">And going back to the gap. Look at the names thrown out... Michael Owen, David Beckham, Thierry Henry etc. These guys are superstars. You can not just put them on the same XI as a bunch of Indians. Even non superstars who are to good for I-League. There would be such a huge disparity between the local guys and the foreigners (thus leading to what is happening with the Chinese Super League where the locals are crap but the foreigners are dominating).</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Also guys like Sandesh Jhingan and Syed Nabi won't get better just because they are playing with around 5 good foreigners. In fact they will get worse. They will enter the league with no match fitness and will look sloppy for the first month or two. (Thus the problem with a 2-3 month league).</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">In the end it is a lose-lose situation here. The league is planned for January 2014. IMG-Reliance have less than 4 months to set-up facilities (stadiums and practice grounds), teams, on-field staff, off-field staff, and other rules and regulations. It is not so simple where we can just add artificial turf to a stadium, gather players randomly and field a team... this will require many things being completed which have not happened yet.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br>At least with MLS, a league which IMG-Reliance uses as an example, when we got Beckham and Henry in the league we made sure that our "normal" players were at least good enough to play with and we had all the facilities set-up and all the staff set-up and everything. With this IMG-Reliance League we are not even close.</font></div>
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    <p>Bhutia says "Beckham was great for the MLS"...</p><p>Good lush grunds, top notch team rooms, media rooms..spectator friendly stadiums can we offer this?... MLS aldready had the facilities..most imporatntly USA aldready has a robust sport culture existing.</p><p>Next hurdle will be the Quality of the teams...38 -40 year old retired super stars punting it with unkown indian players..even if its marketed well and awareness created, why will anyone watch this?..how will anyone relate to this?..Bayern Munich came down  in Delihi and the stadium was 3/4th empty..and here we are talking about retired stars....Will they risk showing stands half empty   and rather poor football on live coverage to a world audience?..many of us would watch first time to just check out what this circus is all about, but will we watch it for  the d 2nd or 3rd year?.... </p><p>there would have to be lots of interactive stuff like  fan to super star intervews, photo sessions , Signed T shorts etc etc pre and post game highlights....Then there will have to be ESPN style programming  to just get the spectators interested in seeing a rather average game of football..</p><p>All in all d franchises will participate in it to make money....now i am assuming each star will be paid 1 million dollars ( 4 crore) , each indian players @ 20lacs...the entire team wil this cost @ 5-6 crore..this will be d least cost expected per team.... the actual figure might be 7-8 crore if you consider the other added costs like  hotel , coaches, physio etc etc.... i am not sure who bears the costs of spors programming ,stadium hire and other unknown of running this league.</p><p>how will the franchise make up this kind of money back in a 3month season + make a profit??... </p><p>I am very curious to know from the IFN members here what would be the expected costs per Franchise team to understand the feasibiity , profitability of each franchise..</p>
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    Well every team will have 6-7 foreigner and if IMG-R realy get the players which the are pretending to do the, just the foreigners will cost 10-15 crores or maybe even more. and then the indians, 2 crore will be the least they will get. add to that other costs. I don't see a team spending less than 15 crores/season.
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    <p>
    Joyptan wrote: »
    Well every team will have 6-7 foreigner and if IMG-R realy get the players which the are pretending to do the, just the foreigners will cost 10-15 crores or maybe even more. and then the indians, 2 crore will be the least they will get. add to that other costs. I don't see a team spending less than 15 crores/season.

<br></p><p>15crore x 6 fanchise = 90 crore.. not far off to what the total spend on  the I-league is...</p><p>big Question how do the Franchise's make ther profit?..</p>
This discussion has been closed.