IMG-Reliance sponsored AIFF's IPL style league

Comments

• spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points
    Ashlesh wrote: »
    best player in world wont come for 2 month league to risk their entire career <div>only 35+ retired players and players from conference league will come which i league already have proved even they can sign and for longer period of time </div>

<br><br>And exactly how many people follow ileague? Just a bunch highly enthusiastic guys who are not from the three regions. India can't go ahead with just 3-4 states playing the game.<br><br>Well, still ileague just getting 2nd division spanish players and lots of amateur guys are still there in the ileague teams. It's just hard to find a lucrative TV deal for it. As someone said TV deal is almost free or little to no revenue. Why would a north Indian guy follow a goan club or a north eastern club.You need to have city teams and even when you are getting city teams no one is willing to invest in these city teams.<br>North Eastern teams are failing to get funds due to there less population. ( See the fate of USFC). <br>Only one or two worldcuppers that too unknowns are coming to India and I don't think it will change that much in the near future for ileague atleast.<br><br><br>
    Why do people believe SRK can just come in and make this a big big deal? Sure, the publicity would be great but that does not mean the franchise will be successful or that he can get the team ready BY JANUARY.<div><br></div><div>God! I hate this mentality.</div>
    <br><br>I don't know whether other franchises will be successful or not but that guy's club will certainly be profitable as companies will get combo package a big player plus SRK(His KKR was one of the few teams which was profitable in the initial IPL). 12 crores was the profit amount and ileague teams have atmost budget of 12 crores.<br><br>And believe me ileague's visibility in India leaving north east,wb and Goa is almost zero. Most of my friends who are mostly EPL, spanish footie fans might not even be knowing football clubs name. Forget TV, there isn't much reporting on print media too.<br>
    sparta wrote: »
    best player in world wont come for 2 month league to risk their entire career <div>only 35+ retired players and players from conference league will come which i league already have proved even they can sign and for longer period of time </div>

<br><br>And exactly how many people follow ileague? Just a bunch highly enthusiastic guys who are not from the three regions. India can't go ahead with just 3-4 states playing the game.<br><br>Well, still ileague just getting 2nd division spanish players and lots of amateur guys are still there in the ileague teams. It's just hard to find a lucrative TV deal for it. As someone said TV deal is almost free or little to no revenue. Why would a north Indian guy follow a goan club or a north eastern club.You need to have city teams and even when you are getting city teams no one is willing to invest in these city teams.<br>North Eastern teams are failing to get funds due to there less population. ( See the fate of USFC). <br>Only one or two worldcuppers that too unknowns are coming to India and I don't think it will change that much in the near future for ileague atleast.<br><br><br>

<br><div><br></div><div>with 2 to 3 region India can go miles ahead</div><div>its always better to focus on blocs and making it best rather than doing something for sake of doing it </div>

<br>Well, if you want that then ileague will never ever be profitable, also I don't think population wise Goa don't deserve to have a franchise team as it might not be profitable for a team owner to have a team there. Most of the Goan teams are run by Companies which show this as a CSR activity to avoid tax issues. Also, 10k crowd is nothing when the clubs don't earn a penny form it. <br><br>The thing is if you want to make Indian Football popular, this Football IPL is the last hope in India,as ileague doesn't have much future in terms of revenue.All the clubs are bleeding money as their is no source of money for them. As gaffertape said earlier that the newly promoted team of Shillong might be the punching bag this year as they don't have much funds this year.<br><br>You need money and popularity for the sport in the country and the traditional way is not taking us anywhere. Also, this will help AIFF in getting some funds for running it's academies.<br><br><br>
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    sparta wrote: »
    Why do people believe SRK can just come in and make this a big big deal? Sure, the publicity would be great but that does not mean the franchise will be successful or that he can get the team ready BY JANUARY.<div><br></div><div>God! I hate this mentality.</div>
    <br><br>I don't know whether other franchises will be successful or not but that guy's club will certainly be profitable as companies will get combo package a big player plus SRK(His KKR was one of the few teams which was profitable in the initial IPL). 12 crores was the profit amount and ileague teams have atmost budget of 12 crores.<br><br>And believe me ileague's visibility in India leaving north east,wb and Goa is almost zero. Most of my friends who are mostly EPL, spanish footie fans might not even be knowing football clubs name. Forget TV, there isn't much reporting on print media too.<br>

<br><div><br></div><div>Can't argue about your I-League point. You are spot on but regarding SRK, his success is dependent on the other franchises as well. There is no way his team can be profitable unless the other teams are doing well as well. I am taking a guess here and saying that the TV contract will be equal among all the teams while sponsors will also run through the league (like they do with every franchise league in the world).</div>
    Give a thought before doing something. If Indian Football should go forward AIFF should make these football region super strong. there should be more academies. more stronger state league. <div>and let me tell you even that places like Mumbai, Delhi a middle class parents would prefer seeing their kid play cricket than football. <br>Football is professional sport only in these 3 region and if this tournament hamper it this will be back to square one where we start all over again </div><div>India is huge country you cannot have every where every sport to be strong </div><div><br></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>You talk about Academies and stronger state leagues but where is this money coming from!? Who the hell is going to pay for all these stadiums, these Academies, these coaches, the maintaining of grounds, the non-playing staff etc? </div><div><br></div><div>That is why we need to be a bit more pan-India. We won't ever make big money in football unless we get a good TV deal and sponsors. How do you do that? You expand to other areas of India. It makes the league more attractive overall, and it gives us access to more big markets (which the big corporates care about).</div><div><br></div><div>Sure, have a small area has been proven to work but it will not work in India. Deal with it.</div>
    Big cooperate likes Parimals, Essels , Dempos. Salgaocar, Peter vaz(models), langsing wont spend money heavily if they don't see return but to make these people money go waste is unethical. 

<br><div><br></div><div>Oh ya, look at how big they are and how much they are spending. India is already a giant with them.</div>
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/08/12/trevor-morgan-img-r-league-could-better-the-i-league/<br><br>Trevor Morgan is with IMG players only till September. I wonder what will happen after that. So far all franchise - one coach.<br>This IPL mindset will kill Football. Once I remember there was a game to be played in Jaipur between Mumbai Indians and Rajasthan Royals. The team of Mumbai Indians reached Jaipur one day before the game and they reached Nahargarh Fort and next day also they went to Fort and reached Stadium directly.  Nahargarh Fort for ad commercial shooting. No net practice nothing-only money/greed. this is the mindset of IMG-Reliance as we will get same people who deal with Mumbai Indians / IPL will now manage IMG football circus.<br>
    http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/08/12/trevor-morgan-img-r-league-could-better-the-i-league/<br><br>Trevor Morgan is with IMG players only till September. I wonder what will happen after that. So far all franchise - one coach.<br>This IPL mindset will kill Football. Once I remember there was a game to be played in Jaipur between Mumbai Indians and Rajasthan Royals. The team of Mumbai Indians reached Jaipur one day before the game and they reached Nahargarh Fort and next day also they went to Fort and reached Stadium directly.  Nahargarh Fort for ad commercial shooting. No net practice nothing-only money/greed. this is the mindset of IMG-Reliance as we will get same people who deal with Mumbai Indians / IPL will now manage IMG football circus.<br>

<br><div><br></div><div>Well IMG is an American company so what do you expect? (Yes, that was an honest question)</div>
  • if IMG-R league happens der will be loss for i-league.but no owner in i league want to be in in loss they will sure do anything possible to keep the pace and passion of i league which will make i league more interesting and watchable than its previous version. they will recruit ideas and process which is being implemented in IMG-R.COMPITITORS BECAME MORE STRONG IN COMPITITION
    if IMG-R league happens der will be loss for i-league.but no owner in i league want to be in in loss they will sure do anything possible to keep the pace and passion of i league which will make i league more interesting and watchable than its previous version. they will recruit ideas and process which is being implemented in IMG-R.COMPITITORS BECAME MORE STRONG IN COMPITITION

<br><div><br></div><div>The thing is, the I-League owners are already at a loss. Every season they lose money. How can this get better with a new league?</div>
This discussion has been closed.