IMG-Reliance sponsored AIFF's IPL style league

Comments

• DXDX 4074 Points
    The Revenue Model for I-league is the reason. It doesnt matter if a guy i delhi or somewhere else doesnt remember the I-League clubs name. He is immaterial. The concept is to embrace local pride. Why is clubs like shillong,pune fc, Mohan bagan, EB, Momameddan so successful in filling gates? Thats because they have grass root support.
    Thats a problem that teams elsewhere are not recognising.

1.)Tap the locals and give them a voice at some club matters.
    2.)AIFF is not sharing the TV Revenue which should give a sizable income for the i-league teams.
    3.)Give tax breaks for the i-league teams
    4.)Put a realistic salary cap in the league. That should ensure no more 1 yr contracts at inflated prices for average overseas footballers.
    5.) Make it compulsory for each I-League team to have a U-20 team and should compete in a league of there own.
    6.) Encourage Loaning of players at low costs from I-league to League 2 squads.
    7.) Increase Substantially the prize winnings for Places 1-4, Share entirely the AFC tv revenue with the respective club which plays at a continental level.
    8.) Remove Local leagues and keep it as Max 2 cup competitions (Durand/Federation) Winners of Federation to go on a playoff with 2nd place team for AFC cup qualifiers. Durand cup winners to be played by either U20 teams or Reserves of I-league and League 2 teams. Winners to have atleast 3crores as winnings.
    9.)I-league clubs to Compulsory have academy, Fan clubs, Majority stake in a stadium, Floodlights as well as Media spokesperson.
    10.) AIFF to talk to each Media channel & provide highlight rights of I-league games and have a chat show atleast to talk abt it for 20 mins.
    11.) Ten action to be given a profitable prospect to play game at prime time.
    Lastly..
    CHUCK THE USELESS IMG RELIANCE OUT OF INDIAN FOOTBALL. HIRE EPL/LA-LIGA MARKETING TEAM INSTEAD.
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    edited August 2013
    <p>
    dx7778 wrote: »
    The Revenue Model for I-league is the reason. It doesnt matter if a guy i delhi or somewhere else doesnt remember the I-League clubs name. He is immaterial. The concept is to embrace local pride. Why is clubs like shillong,pune fc, Mohan bagan, EB, Momameddan so successful in filling gates? Thats because they have grass root support.

2.)AIFF is not sharing the TV Revenue which should give a sizable income for the i-league teams.
    4.)Put a realistic salary cap in the league. That should ensure no more 1 yr contracts at inflated prices for average overseas footballers.
    5.) Make it compulsory for each I-League team to have a U-20 team and should compete in a league of there own.
    7.) Increase Substantially the prize winnings for Places 1-4, Share entirely the AFC tv revenue with the respective club which plays at a continental level.
    8.) Remove Local leagues and keep it as Max 2 cup competitions (Durand/Federation) Winners of Federation to go on a playoff with 2nd place team for AFC cup qualifiers. Durand cup winners to be played by either U20 teams or Reserves of I-league and League 2 teams. Winners to have atleast 3crores as winnings.
    9.)I-league clubs to Compulsory have academy, Fan clubs, Majority stake in a stadium, Floodlights as well as Media spokesperson.
    10.) AIFF to talk to each Media channel & provide highlight rights of I-league games and have a chat show atleast to talk abt it for 20 mins.
    Lastly..
    CHUCK THE USELESS IMG RELIANCE OUT OF INDIAN FOOTBALL. HIRE EPL/LA-LIGA MARKETING TEAM INSTEAD.

</p><p> </p><p>@dx7778....good attempt but so many points dont make sense or r incorrect or just not feasible..its mre of a wishlist from u... but i agree on ur CHUCK IMG RELIANCE out part..they have so far done more harm than good..<br></p>
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    I will say pt's 1,2,5 as being the first which can be achieved even now.
    Pt 8 can be done by talking to the State associations and passing a resolution in AIFF.
    Pt 4 can be done if the I-league club association pass a resolution to put a max salary cap, Hell if they can stay united so far against IMG they can do this too.
    Pt 9 can be done if clubs are given incentives to build a Fan base and invest in infrastruture.

IMG reliance needs to go though. they couldnt even find a sponser to the Indian national team which is their primary job!!
  • <span style="font-weight: normal;">
    I will say pt's 1,2,5 as being the first which can be achieved even now.
    </span><b>Pt 8 can be done by talking to the State associations and passing a resolution in AIFF</b>.
    Pt 4 can be done if the I-league club association pass a resolution to put a max salary cap, Hell if they can stay united so far against IMG they can do this too.
    Pt 9 can be done if clubs are given incentives to build a Fan base and invest in infrastruture.

IMG reliance needs to go though. they couldnt even find a sponser to the Indian national team which is their primary job!!

<br><div><br></div><div>and where will Local clubs play?? </div>
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points

Lastly..

<br><div><br></div><div>You lost me at Pune FC's great support.</div>
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    pt. 3   tax break has to be studied. BCCI and IPL has not paid more then 1000 crore rupees in tax liability. Apparently Praful Patel can handle that well due to his exposure to IPL.<br><br>TV Revenue-more sponsors are required. They need to share the feeds with local channels-I dont mind even DD Sports, DD North East, Konkani language channel, Bengali channel. Give clubs some share.<br><br>Poor infrastructure is what is ailing I-league. stadiums with floodlights are always under construction-to repair floodlights which takes 1 year, then to fix artificial turf which takes one year then to fix bucket seats which takes one year.Look this year also-Salt Lake not ready and Fatorda Stadium not ready so Games are shifted to Duler Ground and Barasat Stadium where there is no TV Telecast.<br><br>Be strict with Mumbai Teams-no stadium no club. We dont want Mumbai clubs to come to Pune and play at 3:30PM in front of 50 spectators. Get Cooperage Ground or Brabourne or D Y Patil but dont come to Pune. <br>
  • DXDX 4074 Points

<br><div><br></div><div>and where will Local clubs play?? </div>[/quote]

local clubs need to under state associations. enough compitions are there for the local clubs to compete. if they want to play in div 2 they would have to abide by Aiff 'B' rules and try and qualify for div 2. at the moment state associations can recommend clubs from there state to play in div 2.
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    pt. 3   tax break has to be studied. BCCI and IPL has not paid more then 1000 crore rupees in tax liability. Apparently Praful Patel can handle that well due to his exposure to IPL.<br><br>TV Revenue-more sponsors are required. They need to share the feeds with local channels-I dont mind even DD Sports, DD North East, Konkani language channel, Bengali channel. Give clubs some share.<br><br>Poor infrastructure is what is ailing I-league. stadiums with floodlights are always under construction-to repair floodlights which takes 1 year, then to fix artificial turf which takes one year then to fix bucket seats which takes one year.Look this year also-Salt Lake not ready and Fatorda Stadium not ready so Games are shifted to Duler Ground and Barasat Stadium where there is no TV Telecast.<br><br>Be strict with Mumbai Teams-no stadium no club. We dont want Mumbai clubs to come to Pune and play at 3:30PM in front of 50 spectators. Get Cooperage Ground or Brabourne or D Y Patil but dont come to Pune. <br>

If i-league clubs are forced to abide by Aiff A club certification that should on paper ensure adequate infrastructure.

Tax breaks was just an incentive i thought clubs need to get maybe waiver of entertainment tax? service tax? something to boost the game in the country. mind you football can be treated as a segment for foriegn investments if remittances from foriegn owners help the country. (eg,. mumbai tigers owners are UAE citizens)
  • DXDX 4074 Points

<br><div><br></div><div>You lost me at Pune FC's great support.</div>[/quote]

Lol i know it was a.cheeky one but yeah had to acknowledge them cos they were the closest indian club to get a proper Aiff A license. reason to include them here is clever marketing, a proper fan base online, tieups with companies like coffee day where youth frequent. let me assure you they will be a proper supported club if they keep growing professionally.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    <br><div><br></div><div>You lost me at Pune FC's great support.</div>

Lol i know it was a.cheeky one but yeah had to acknowledge them cos they were the closest indian club to get a proper Aiff A license. reason to include them here is clever marketing, a proper fan base online, tieups with companies like coffee day where youth frequent. let me assure you they will be a proper supported club if they keep growing professionally.
    [/quote]

<br><div><br></div><div>Agree (also, just in case you could not tell, you did not really lose me there, I read the whole thing and I agreed for the most part).</div><div><br></div><div>The thing with Pune FC, for me, is that I am confused. We hear all this stuff about there great model but then you have gaffertape come along (who, to his credit, is bloody right all the time) who tells us that things are not exactly as good as one thought. For example, infrastructure in Pune is not so great as thought, nor is management.</div>
This discussion has been closed.