Coach for Indian Football Team

Comments

• projenatorprojenator 26 Points
    edited March 2012
    Sanjay Sen's the best bet. Armando has weird demands like a five year contract which is way too long, even foreigners are happy with a three year contract. Armando thinks so highly of himself that he demands a five year one, add to that all the anti-establishment antics he indulged in the West Indies. Given India's pathetic ranking, it's so difficult to get a decent standard foreign side to play practice matches with India in the first place and he decides to play one game less for reasons best known to him. He wouldn't been half as successful in a highly competitive, pressure scene like Kolkata where the same person is not allowed powerful administrative positions in the club along with a coaching role. Obviously players would be double wary to piss off such a powerful figure in the organization, no wonder chatri, chung bhutia (last three yrs) and anwar ali can get away with gross unprofessionalism in Kolkata, which is beyond any player's imagination in Dempo, given its organizational structure. Even with all that freedom, he hasn't been able to groom any young talent of SIGNIFICANCE at Dempo, come on accept it, the Joy ferraos and the creson antaos will cut a cropper for sure against any team above SAFF level. The Arnab Mondals, Jewel Rajas and Kinshuk Debnaths are any day way more pressure hardened than the ferraos, antaos, carvalhos and what have you.
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    lets get the current Palestine coach or bruce arena
  • I guess AIFF will not hire any big names..we all agree on dat..but i m also not for any Indian coach coz there will be vested interest..I mean like sum1 said if Armando is made da coach he will b more interested in either playing more dempo players in da Indian team or he will luk for players to hire for dempo..which will b absolutely detrimental for our NT..we shud hire sum1 who has experience of facing big Asian or other NTs or sum1 who has lil knowledge about Asian conditions with big teams match experience but no Indian..also Rob Baan shud not think on the lines of 'an Aus coach will make us play like da Aussies' if dat was da case den I think no team in this world would have hired foreign coaches..dats rubbish...I really hope sum sense prevails and we hav a gud (mayb not sum1 big) coach who knows wot it is to be at da bottom and also at the top in World Ranking!!
  • anandanand 0 Points
    edited March 2012
    I guess AIFF will not hire any big names..we all agree on dat..but i m also not for any Indian coach coz there will be vested interest..I mean like sum1 said if Armando is made da coach he will b more interested in either playing more dempo players in da Indian team or he will luk for players to hire for dempo..which will b absolutely detrimental for our NT..we shud hire sum1 who has experience of facing big Asian or other NTs or sum1 who has lil knowledge about Asian conditions with big teams match experience but no Indian..also Rob Baan shud not think on the lines of 'an Aus coach will make us play like da Aussies' if dat was da case den I think no team in this world would have hired foreign coaches..dats rubbish...I really hope sum sense prevails and we hav a gud (mayb not sum1 big) coach who knows wot it is to be at da bottom and also at the top in World Ranking!!

Exactly Sanjeev =D>
    we need a good foreign coach who has good experience about asian football.We have enough pool of players to get into 100 ranking.But everytime we get hammered by middles eastern cointries.Their players are no where talented like ours.But just because of abundant money and facilities they fly over us.If the same amount of money spent by UAE,saudi arabia and other middle eastern countries had been spent on Indian team we would have been a top footballing nation by now.We can see those middle eastern countries still trembling to qualify for world cup or any big achievement.So AIFF must get a good, though not big coach and form a right tactics to get into top 100 and the coach must be given atleast a 3 years of contract.Then the grass root development can be continued.In next 5 years we will be getting regular pool of players from AIFF academies.So we can grow into top footballing nation.
  • Just how is Armando the right choice. He has won the league with Dempo 2 times (soon to be 3). His best attacker is Martins and he has not done well with Dempo until a few years ago when the players had played with each other for years.
  • ashindia wrote:

Hm, good coaching record, specially internationally. Has managed low ranked clubs and got them better. Yep I think he would do.
  • now I remember, bruno metsu was senegal coach during FIFA WC 2002,
    personally that was the best WC for me till date since watching it from 1998 edition.
  • spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points
    Senegal stunned everyone by their performance in that world cup by beating World Champs and as far as I remember it was opening match of the world cup.
  • Shah476Shah476 240 Points
    all depends on what aiff can pay i guess...and sometime its not all about experience, but what a young foreign manager might bring to the table with vision and ambition...

dont let Baan alone hire the coach i'd say...he made a blunder with Jan Versleijen at Australia U20s...

There good options available well under $200k a year which is not a lot of money for the aiff...