International Friendly Match : India v/s Bangladesh : 5th March

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Totally agree with Gaffertape's this statement " No point wasting time with player's who won't be3 there in future. ..time to say goodbye to the likes of Clifford...Rocus...Francis..etc..Better to draw or lose with a developmental team..than scrape out results with player's who are past their best"

Playing with experienced players are not giving desired results, So why not trying the future prospects  , What is stopping him from doing that ?? Fear of failure ... ?? thats what happening now 
    Oh come on... Clifford Miranda is still one of my favorite players. He deserves to wear the India kit, he is such a hard worker but his defensive ability does leave a lot to be desired but who cares, that is why we have these things called teams.
    Again, that is because Robin is not playing in the right position.
    Ideally looking back I would have rather seen this line-up:

Subrata Pal
    Denzil Franco, Arnab Mondal, Aibor Khongjee, Gurjinder Kumar
    Mehtab Hossain
    Victorino Fernandes, Robin Singh, Alwyn George
    Balwant Singh, Sunil Chhetri
    Anas Edothodika would have been my first choice if he was fit. Augustin was a favorite of mine back in October/November but I have not heard much from him since. Souvik has been crap IMO and Kotal is a but overrated but so are Arnab and Aibor so who am I kidding.
    Fact He cannot dribble so he cannot play in Wings
    He cannot control so he cannot play lone striker
    He cannot pass so he cannot play in center mid
    He cannot tackle so he cannot play in defence

Congrats, you just described the average Indian footballer :D
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    Ideally looking back I would have rather seen this line-up:

Subrata Pal
    Denzil Franco, Arnab Mondal, Aibor Khongjee, Gurjinder Kumar
    Mehtab Hossain
    Victorino Fernandes, Robin Singh, Alwyn George
    Balwant Singh, Sunil Chhetri
    this is exactly the line up i wanted except robin singh...ralte or nabi cud be gud....
  • Agree with all of you, friendlies especially against teams like Nepal and Bangladesh should be used to try out younger players. But the fact of the matter remains, these younger players are not a regular starters for their club thus on what basis does Wim selects them.

Everyone wants Dika, Jeje etc but the fact remains either they have not been the playing XI or have not been in the decent form. Thus in short i agree with everyone that there is a lack of talent in Indian Football and I-League is not helping in providing the kind of talent which is expected from a national league.

The question that arises is how do we solve this problem. The only way which i see forward is (agreed it a matter of debate) but we need to reduce the foreigners to 2 per team. Thus this guarantees Indian players playing time if not in the role of a striker but atleast as a defender. I really dont buy the argument that playing with foreigners is helping our younger players. This is because, I-League is still not attracting very good foreigners. Like everyone said, we still have unknown Europeans and unknown Africans playing in the league.

The major difference between Wim and Bob is that the latter was very vocal with his views (though i may be wrong that Wim is not) but somehow Bob use to have his way. The fact remains our team needs longer camps which is just not happening. Wim also needs to put his foot down and ask AIFF to reduce foreigners and allow teams to atleast have a one week camp before a friendly.

Though one good step which AIFF is taken is that Wim has been given charge of U-22 team thus once these players get into the national team, they wont have an issue of adapting to different playing style. Sacking Wim is not a wise option. The whole process will have to be carried out again, new coach coming in, criticising the facilities, getting to know the players. I suggest let Wim stay but AIFF should form a committee to analysie the work being done by AIFF, whether right players are being given chance. Let all the powers be with Wim in selecting the team and have committee overlook his selection etc. You can limit the powers of this committee to just reporting the work. 

So basically lower the quality of an already failing I-League?
  • So basically lower the quality of an already failing I-League?

Please dont look at it from the point of view of lowering the quality of I-League. The purpose of domestic league is to provide talent to the national team, if that is not happening then you may have to take some corrective measures. One of them would be reducing foreigners. If we can try 4 foreigners instead of 3 then why not 2. And as it is, most of us are of the opinion that with the quality of foreigners coming in, many of our Indian players are as good as their foreign counterpart.

Another way out could be (i know its almost next to impossible to implement), get Arrows back with Wim as his head. That might just be the solution.

• goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29259 Points
    I say we should increase the number of foreigners if we reduce I league is over. Our players should try for lower division clubs in europe and asia where they get playing time.
This discussion has been closed.