Is Indian football really developing?

Comments

• mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    @Rohan there is alot of difference between internet development u see and real development Aiff under 19 players who are 17 have studied in Arts and science collage at that age people get admitted in those colleges and these guys have already finished studying

There were days were we used to produce strikers like IM Vijayan and Bhutia now we have a great Robin Singh the difference is seen we defeated likes of Kuwait UAE Zimbabwe had decent performence against JAPAN
    We under BoB were a great team though we lost smell matches buy big margin we still were beat devoloping team
    our center Backs Gouramangi Anwar ali during the days were afar better Jhonson

We had best possible midfield in developing Asian nartions
    Steven Dias Rennedy Singh Climax Lawrence Np Pradip
    Now how many Indians midfielders are like them

we have started producing players who disappear in 6-7 years

goalkeepar
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    In what? The bloody IFA Shield! When the New York Red Bulls lost to a Trinidad club in 2009 did people say that Trinidad were better than the US? No, we moved on and improved. When Brisbane Roar lost to Buriram United in the AFC Champions League did it mean that the Thai clubs were better than the Aussies? No.

Sure, East Bengal may not have won against a Bangladeshi club but we have had some good moments against better sides. A few years ago Dempo only lost to the Qatari champions 2-0 at their place. East Bengal killed a Thai side a few years ago I believe.

Again, look at the good and not the bad. Understand football is not won on paper or in FIFA and that sometimes quality won't be enough... sometimes it is chance and by chance that Bangladeshi club won. 8 out of 10 times East Bengal would probably kick their asses.
    When in past years have usa clubs won concaff club.championship

There is alot of diffrence between Thai clubs and Indian clubs

The Armando Colaco dempo used defeat iraqi and jordan clubs lost 2-0 buy 2 late goals to al sadd in acl qualifiers who later won acl

And now indian clubs are getting trashed buy Kuwait sc who couldnt get into acl
    edited June 2014
    This is devolopment u see teams like Tajikistan which our team trashed 4-1 trashed us 3-0
    Country who never had a football team in last 15 years like afghans defeat us

is that devolopment
    Just out of curiosity, do you watch Thai Premier League matches? I mean, you are pretty adamant that the Thai clubs are better than Indian clubs. Maybe Buriram United, Muangthong United, and BEC Toro are better but I am pretty sure Bengaluru FC can take on Army United, Bangkok Glass etc.

Overall I feel you have a lot of learning to do mate because you seem to be stuck in the mindset that we are forever bad. At least when someone like @Ashlesh does it he makes sense and provides valid reasons. You just seem to short-sighted.
    And in reality as well.
    Ashlesh its B**** not D :P
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    If you dont believe Indian football is not progressing stop watching it 
    Deb_Banshankarrudra
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    You guys talk about youth dev being a good thing let me remind you we never had it when India was a kickass football country in the 60s 70s 80s and so on

Btw we shall qualify for Asian cup 2019 if we work hard enough .there are 24 teams which gives us 8 spots.
    We are I think. 27 in afc so dont tell me we can't improve in 4 years

Before that. You shall see us in acl due to direct entries and professionalism by lazy aiff
    edited June 2014
    If Australia can get 3 spots with 10 teams then anyone can. I don't think having 10-12 teams means anything as long as other criterias are passed.

Also @Samiam Again, research. When India was one of the best were the current big boys of Asia like Japan, South Korea, Australia, Iran, Saudi Arabia etc as big as they are today? Japan was still in the amateur era at that time. Australia did not even have a league till the 70s and that was amateur, same with South Korea. Iran and Saudi were no where close to what they are today.

India being big then was a fluke and that showed when we played Olympics and got smashed by the Yugos. Football has changed since then and the way it is organized and played has drastically changed.
    rudra