Is Indian football really developing?

Comments

• 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Regarding Kalyani Academy .. i dont know how much u guys are following them but me following them from U-14 days .. and team is going through changes ..

Like Nurrudin used to play as RB but now he is playing as RW
    Prosenjit was playing as CB but now he is playing as CM .. so this is good tournament for them... they will learn so many things
    ArsenalFan700mohammed_87hassan
  • dhritiman7dhritiman7 4029 Points
    edited June 2014
    Ups the name of the thread is amazing !!! I have been wondering for years  :) 
    goalkeepar
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    Its like Indian football is riding on a new  Bajaj Chetak scooter on relatively good roads after its Ambassador Car had to be abandoned as it was beyond repair due to abject neglect... So a running scooter  is anyway better then a broken down car , so one can call it development.. the rider of this trusty scooter is now looking to buy a car in a few years!!!

If only the trusty car was maintained well or upgraded we would be zooming along at probably a ranking of 120 or higher by now..instead we have to look to our Neighbors drive by in their shiny new cars.

goalkeeparAshleshcoolgaganrudrapreetammohammed_87hassanashindia
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Totally support the age concerns raised by @hassan and totally agree that age cheating has created results which made people like me genuinely positive. However, I don't share the extent of pessimism shown by @hassan, neither can I see any value in the silly over-enthusiasm shown by others.

simple thing is India is improving but pace is not good enough, its a simple relativity issue, understanding which doesn't require an Albert Einstein. If we are  improving at a certain pace, then the likes of japan, korea, uzbeks, iran,china and some east and west asian countries are improving at a  much better pace. So, even if we improve, we will lag behind the top countries in Asia. And I don't think AIFF has the money or vision for that.
    goalkeeparAshleshmohammed_87hassanpreetamashindia
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    Aiff lack vision then money

Aiff doesnt seem intrested in youth devolopment
    dont know what will happen with under 17 world cup team news were made they will go to practise abroad et etc 3 years more for world under 17 world cup no news about them
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Yet we have only 4 new AIFF-FIFA Academies opened up and new youth leagues started. For a federation with barely any money this is good to see.
    rudraarchak
  • CybertronCybertron 402 Points
    How much money do you all think AIFF requires to take Indian football to the next level? How about US$30 Billion Dollars? :D
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    @Cybertron By next level what do you mean? By your past comments I can only guess you mean to the level of England or Spain or perhaps Japan/Australia... in that case... 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 Zimbabwean dollars. 
  • CybertronCybertron 402 Points
    @ArsenalFan700 And how much is that in US dollars or Indian rupees?