New coach for Indian Football Team

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Current national team needs to do well otherwise no one will bother to sponsor us.
  • gopiajeeshgopiajeesh Kerala655 Points
    He got better players during his prevous stint with india..there was vijayan ancheri ,bhaichung ,renedy, etc
  • MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2978 Points
    IMG is our marketing partners mind it :)
    munna219777
  • Constantine gave India LG Cup and India was impressive in UK tour too. India reached Afro Asia Cup final but the pitch was slashy and muddy, I doubt about the strength of African squad though. He introduced a bunch of new boys like Tomba Sing, Manitombi Sing, Abhisek Yadav Rajat GhoshDastidar, Asim Biswas replacing RC Prakash, Khalid Jamil, Wilson, Dipendu etc. He straight away replaced Samir Nyek and Surkumar with Debu and Habibur Rahman (Just graduated from TFA) for international friendlies. As @munna219777 said he was instrumental for some good international result also. He failed in SAFF just like Bob and Wim. His formation was 4-4-2.

The point is he will give chance to young and promising guys. But he doesn't have personality like Bob to make AIFF listen to him and give good facilities to footballers. I still remember India team returned to Kolkata from Delhi after wining LG Cup by AC 3 tier train. And AIFF didn't bring him it was FIFA's suggestion to appoint him last time as he took Nepal U-16 side to AFC U-16 main rounds.

And I think it was not the 1-5 loss to Oman it was 7-0 or 6-0 loss to Japan which caused his termination.
    7negiDeb_Banmohammed_87hassanarchakmunna219777
  • @bida 25: I was not talking of appointing a "highly technical coach",
    all i was saying is we should be careful who we appoint. Tomorrow we
    shouldn't rue the fact that our football has gone back by few years. And
    again as I said I would be happy if Constantine proves me wrong.

@munna
    yes my bad but that wasnt the point..my point was Constantine was
    sacked and now we are again going back to an English coach
    again..tomorrow AIFF might not like his game and again we will go for a
    Holland coach. Its as if we have fallen into a loop.
    munna219777
  • bida 25 bida 25 Kolkata140 Points
    @Sanjeev Biswas I don't want to get in verbal battle but he is the best among the short listed coaches(You can suggest some names to AIFF if you like) 
  • dhritiman7dhritiman7 4030 Points
    edited December 2014
    "my point was Constantine was
    sacked and now we are again going back to an English coach
    again..tomorrow AIFF might not like his game and again we will go for a
    Holland coach. Its as if we have fallen into a loop. "

I think @Sanjeev has a very strong point here. We are fallen into the loop long back.

Start - Indian Coach - Foreign coach - Indian coach - Foreign coach -.... n .... - British Coach - "Provided some result but everyone wanted tikitaka from CLIMAX, PRADIP, MEHTAB, MEHRAJ, RENEDY" - Indian coach but no long term contract - So foreign coach from the land of total football - No result - Again Start - Bring back British coach - ---- ?

I still believe Bob Houghton has done best job with available resource among all. Not considering Ciric Milovan as I was not living then and my football sense was not mature during Akramav's tenure.

archakmunna219777reddevil87
  • But no question of bringing him back as he created enough enemies in media and administration. 
    archak
  • bida 25 bida 25 Kolkata140 Points
    India need an experienced coached need not be a foreigner and a good set of footballers to work with, look at Korea they are doing well even with a Korean coach. Its AIFF who is impatient why blame coaches. Its AIFF who don't understand the root of the problem and are changing coaches like clothes. 
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10481 Points
    @dhritiman7 But during Bob we have lost heavily to Kuwait and another decent team scored 6 goals in India if im right

And as faar as playing Tiki TAKA i think its no use these days
    South Korea plays similar game of short passes and that was sucessful for them in AGe groups

but that wasnt a sucess for them in senior level they were beaten by Iran twice and were trashed by Algeria and Belgium in WC