New coach for Indian Football Team

Comments

• archakarchak 2082 Points
    Just playing a few passes on the ground is not tiki taka. There are other aspects also such effective high press, off the ball runs etc.

The standard in Europe is very high and the current Belgium team is a result of effective grassroots program. Hazard, Kevin de Byrne, the Chelsea gk etc are playing in the top division of England and Germany. You really thought anything else would be the result.

The top teams of Asia are in a transition so the overall standard is not as high as in 2010 and Iran just played effectively against their opponent.
    dhritiman7ashindia
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    On Twitter one fan posted .

-dnt u think  @StephenConstan is best for india ..

another person replied 

-I still remember the 0-7 loss to Japan. It scarred me and the way I see him.

Then Stephen replied 

-Hi Chiran it scared me as well !!! but why dont you look at the everything else?

Then 2nd Fan replied again 

-I do appreciate all that you've done, sir. That match broke my heart is all.

Then again Stephen replied 

-it almost killed me,but you know it showed us how far behind we are of Japan
    mohammed_87hassanmunna219777coolgagansamiamfootydipbida 25 reddevil87
  • @bida 25 frankly i do not think you understand what I was talking about!!
    And I also do not think I am in the capacity to suggest any names to AIFF..all I am doing here is presenting my opinion..if you do not like it please ignore my comments but don't be "ALL KNOWING" and force your opinion unto me.
    As I said I maybe wrong about Stephen Constantine but I have my doubts and hence my comments.
    Hope this clears the air :)

ArsenalFan700coolgaganarchakdhritiman7reddevil87
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    Ashley westwood is also a British Coach. For him people have no problem but with Bob, Stephan, people were criticising Long Ball and boring British Football. Did Dutch coach Koevarmans help us master Dutch Total Football or Spanish Tiki-Taka?
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    @Maddie IMG is "Yanna Rascala" as far as I-League and National Team is considered.
    :P
    footydip
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    Disband AIFF and initiate criminal proceedings against IMG for money laundering and give the coaching role to good ol' Sukhi :D
  • @Hassan & @Archak agreed with both of you. Actually anger was running inside me when I posted that.

But one thing we need to accept that we will face heavy defeat when we face a real strong opponent. India with present batch can improve but to some extent, may be dominance in SAFF and decent result in AFC & WC qualifier. AIFF needs to give atleast 5 years time to someone who has enough international managerial experience to streamline national team's activities. Gurpteet, Jhingan, Arnab, Mandar, Romeo will mature and U-17 boys will be grown up by then. So after 5 years we can expect some good result may be an entry to Asia Cup via qualifiers. But the moments need is to give a coach time, security & support that he can establish a formation that suits India. And playing regular international friendlies will help us improve FIFA ranking.

bida 25 footydiparchakreddevil87
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    just wanna correct the fact i saw someone posting 6-0 and 7-0 loss to japan was under stephen constantine...the fact is 0-7 loss against japan under stephen (before the match bhutia said that japan was like fox in the box) then he was fired syed naemuddin came and he won SAFF cup with india and the under syed india lose to yemen 0-3 and then 0-6 to japan and then there is ego clash between baichung bhutia and naemuddin and syed naemuddin was fired....
  • dhritiman7dhritiman7 4030 Points
    edited December 2014
    @preetam read carefully, it was 7-0 OR 6-0. 
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    @dhritiman7
    i'm not saying you are wrong..the thing is that india suffered both 6-0 and 7-0 loss to japan i just mentioned the name of then-coach who guided india to such defeat...nothing wrong with that is it? i'm not opposing you...