New coach for Indian Football Team

Comments

• BadBad 5141 Points
    CoolGagan,

Couple of points which I want to point out before I give a final answer to your question. These are as follows:-

1) I completely understood your reasoning/context in your first post itself regarding this topic. Only then I decided to share my opinion.
    2) This will be my last post regarding this particular topic.

I am glad that you have officially acknowledged the first two(2) points of my feedback. I genuinely appreciate it.

3) Now coming to my 3rd argument, which you are saying that you are contesting but my friend(i hope you don't mind me calling you that) actually unknowingly you are agreeing to it as well. I'll tell you how.

In my last post, I said that I agree that the surroundings, atmosphere, etc play an important role but still, it depends on the individual. Those who want to achieve excellence can achieve it anywhere.

In other words, I basically said that surroundings, atmosphere, etc are important but ultimately the individual himself is most important for whatever he achieves.

Note - Now I'll be sharing my reasoning so please try and understand the concept. It has a deep meaning. 

See, in your very last post, you said that Penicillin invention is excellent

Now, how will you say it?

Will you say that Penicillin was invented/discovered by British or will you say that Penicillin was invented/discovered by Alexander Fleming who happens to be a Britisher. Both the options are different.

The answer to this question will be the second option i.e It was discovered by Alexander Fleming who happens to be a Britisher. In this case, you cant give his credit to the Government/Country because even if you say that the Government was financing him but there would have been many other scientists who were receiving the finances but weren't able to discover/Invent Penicillin. There could have been many countries who could have financed him but there was no one else who would have invented Penicillin at that point in time. Therefore, the country only plays a supporting role. So, this basically proves my argument that ultimately Individual himself is responsible for his achievement.  

Let's take another example, this time hypothetical.

Suppose, if you top any examination(say 12th board by getting 99%). Now, will the credit of this achievement go to you or your teacher/parents?

The answer is simple. The credit will go to you because your teacher is teaching the same to everybody and your parents are giving the same fees which other parents are giving to acquire the services of the same Tutor. So, this again proves my point that ultimately the Individual is responsible for achieving excellence and rest play a supportive role.

RashidKhan had become an IPL Star at the age of just 18 years, will the credit go Rashid Khan or Afghanistan Cricket Board. 

Milkha Singh broke the World Record in 400m, will India get the credit or Milkha Singh??

So, Most of the cutting edge technologies and achievements which we talk about happen on an individual level and not on the level of the Government/Country.

It is actually different from the actual Government Financed Projects which are mainly associated with Defence, Space Sectors, etc . I hope you are getting the difference. ISRO
    'S Invention/Achievement is Government Funded, my Invention/Achievement is not. 

So, The bottom line is that No one can guarantee success, be it a Developed Country, Developing Country or an Under Develpoed Country. It depends on the Individual.

munna219777coolgagan
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Possibly finalise now but get appointed only by June when new Sports Minister takes over. Salary comes from them.
    Current Sports Ministry administration has pursued a policy of delaying / blocking foreign coach appointments.
    mohammed_87hassan
    edited April 2019

You guys have made some good points. I will just want to add this that individual efforts are important. You can take a horse to a pond but then horse need to drink water himself.
    Just by changing passport or getting facilities by Government / private sector is also not enough unless desire / efforts by individuals are there.
    Kenya  and other East African countries have lakhs of Indians. How many Indian origin middle Distance Runners are coming from there ? Zero
    Fiji, South Africa have lakhs of Indians. How many indian origin Rugby players are coming up ? Zero
    Trinidad, Jamaica, infact all Caribbean countries have lakhs of indians. How many Athletics stars you see from Indian community? zero Barring Cricket, all athletes are blacks only.
    Canada, UK for Athletics, USA for Baseball, American Football - proportion of Indian sportmen / women is very little.

Sporting excellence with regard to population is less in Indians even when they are born in Foreign countries and exposed to same diet, environment, facilities as other population groups.

So what does that tell ?

Blaming country is futile here.

Ofcourse I will accept other point also that lack of facilities and infrastructure in India, especially at school level, junior level hamper our growth.

Change in both is required - facilities as well as our desire and efforts to make a career out of it.

goalkeeparBadcoolgagan
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    If NDA wins, AIFF will have to pay out of their own pocket for a foreign coach. Petitions going soon to Government to stop all funding for AIFF and also block incoming payments by FIFA. 
    munna219777Carbon_14karenesudhakar2050Soccerlover
  • DEFENCE123DEFENCE123 India657 Points
    Wait why? What's the reason to stop funding for AIFF? Does this mean AIFF will become an independent body like BCCI? That would be fucking great!
    deepu
  • Whats your source @EastBengalPride ? and why on earth would the govt. do that unless they have some inside information!!
  • MikiMiki Kerala252 Points

Former England manager Sven-Goran Eriksson headlines a list of 35 names shortlisted for the post of the Indian football team coach, which also includes the highly successful ex-Bengaluru FC manager Albert Roca.

The much-travelled Sven-Goran, a Swede, and Spaniard Roca apart, Tommy Taylor (England), Hakan Ericson (Sweden), Tomislav Sivic (Serbia), Lee Clark (England) and Lucas Alcaraz Gonzalez (Spain) are some of the other candidates shortlisted for the coveted post.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/football/sven-goran-eriksson-roca-emerge-frontrunners-as-aiff-shortlists-35-for-coach-s-job/story-BCk5YMHrBSJv4k5ecy7zoI.html

mohammed_87hassanmunna219777
  • RatulRatul Howrah1323 Points
    Former England coach
    Sam Allardyce, for example, is among the names that is doing the rounds, but having asked for an annual salary of approximately Rs 9 crore, according to sources, his name is in danger of being struck off the list. "Unless we talk to him, we wouldn't know," said the official.

Certainly, though, another England coach - Sven Goran Eriksson - is not being considered for being "too expensive and too old at 72."
    https://timesofindia.com/sports/football/top-stories/former-isl-coaches-roca-and-guimaraes-in-line-for-india-job/articleshow/68805609.cms
    munna219777
  • I just hope not another English coach.
    BrainFallINDIA
    Big names are kept in the fray just to hide their incompetence / ineptitude  in appointing a Regular Coach !!! People forget the delay.
    [Deleted User]goalkeeparSoccerlover