New coach for Indian Football Team

Comments

• EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    NDA won't pay a dime for foreign coaches. Also they want their men in AIFF top posts if they win the second term.
  • among coach names Vladimir Petrović looks like interesting prospect 
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9964 Points
    Sure they are selecting Scott O'Donell, because they would be comfortable with him.
    goalkeepardreamerashindiadeepu
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    So a Technical Committee will meet on April 15th to decide on Technical Director. B)

O'Donell worked with the AIFF for five years but was the technical director for only 1 year before resigning.
    So he is again interested.
    What was his position in AIFF for other 4 years ?

• goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29261 Points
    Head of AIFF academy
    DEFENCE123munna219777
  • dreamerdreamer india579 Points
    I hope AIFF is saving money (siphoning) by delaying appoint the NT coach.
    Out of 250 application, this 4 coaches should be selected for interview IMO.
    AIFF should select highly professional NT coach who actually lift the country football a small position to highly competitive  zone(means to qualify a major FIFA tournament for the country for the first time)  

1. Cesar Farias: Very young,coaching 2 NT with successful tenure in Venezuela & also familiar with Indian Football
    2.Giovanni de biasi: Extremely successful for Albenia NT & also coaching style similar to Constantine. 
    3.Alexandre Guimaraes: Extremely successful for Costa Rica & also familiar with Indian Football
    4.Albert Roca: Very good coach familiar with Indian football But I have really doubt about Spanish passing football       strategy at this juncture of Indian football.

IFN expert please share your opinion about NT coach selection.

• Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9964 Points
    Your criteria point to Steven Constantine only ?
    dreamer
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    @Bad @munna219777

Thank you for your perspective. I agree to the points reiterated by both of you. Both governmental and societal changes are required.

I want to add one last point. 

We all know the reason of governmental problems. Thus, I'll not talk about them. Instead, I'll talk about the society. Simple reality is that everyone dreams of a good life for themselves and their families. That is relatively difficult to achieve if you build your career as a sportsperson or a scientist in India. Why? Because the remuneration is not enough. Why would someone choose science as a career instead of finance? Even though he has the aptitude to excel as a scientist, he still go for finance as the remuneration and the number of positions in sciences are not enough. 
    I don't blame the people for this problem as they're simply following the Maslow's hierarchy. The mindset has developed over the years. 
    An example to prove this is as follows. Have you ever realised why people still run after government jobs in India? What do u think is the reason? The mindset stems (1970s onwards) from the time when there were only government jobs in India. The current generation (mostly from UP, Bihar) is just following the status quo without realising that the pvt sector has better opportunities. 

Another thought. 
    Why is silicon valley so innovative? Same reason. It's the culture. 
    munna219777indian_gooner
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    edited April 2019
    CoolGagan,
                         I wanted this to end, therefore I didn't say anything after Munna's post but it seems that you want it otherwise.

You are not getting the point bro. Two quick points:-

1) Having a Startup doesn't necessarily mean that  you are innovative.

2) Secondly, The main point which you are missing is that one doesn't have to go a particular place or be born in a particular area to be innovative.
    A person can be innovative anywhere provided he/she has the ideas and he had the vision to execute them.