New coach for Indian Football Team

Comments

• BadBad 5141 Points
    coolgagan, you said that :-

AllAll Indi are a joke. I disagree . However, assuming that you are an Indian and since you are claiming that Indians are a joke, then this basically means that you along with your family are a joke because you have acknowledged it and if you are not an Indian then Shut the fuck up.

Secondly, India is a sub-par nation with minimum impact . For your Information, India is a G-20 member, G-4 Member , BRICS Member to name a few. India also has the 2nd Largest Army, 4th Largest Airforce and 7th Largest Navy in the World. Also, India is a Nuclear Power and a Space Powerhouse. Also,India is the fastest growing developing Country. Lol, sub-par.

I agree that all is not well and scope for many improvements still exist but for God Sake, Sub par with minimum impact on the World. Are you crazy?? In Asia, India is a Big Power along with China, Japan and its presence in G20 ,G4 , BRICS etc speaks volumes of its Importance.

Also, Please let me know when you will be leaving this country/acquiring different Citizenship to achieve your excellence , I'll be extremely happy.

One last thing, this is a forum for Sports, so criticize Sports Personnel/Organisations with Logic and facts. No one will mind but to criticize people about whom you have absolutely no idea proves your lack of intelligence and intellect." All Indians are joke"( 130 Crore Indians are joke to him)."

goalkeeparrathorevarun4 coolgagan
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29637 Points
    @SiV: From that perspective, Ashley Westwood can also be considered to be a good choice. A coach who wears his heart upon his sleeve, his achievements with BFC are undeniable, having virtually laid the spadework for the club's subsequent glory. His revolutionary techniques, his motivational skills and his managing to get the best out of players like Lygdoh, Thoi Singh, Rino Anto who were at most average till then can all be counted in his favour. He managed to bring a new dimension to Sunil Chhetri's style of play and helped him to evolve into a much better player. He too is acquainted with many of the NT players.

The only problem with Westwood is that his track record post BFC (Penang and ATK) is abysmal.
    dreamergoalkeeparSamyajitSiV
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    Lol!

Someone does not understand the use of quotes in English Language. Well, to each his own. 
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    edited April 2019
    Lol!!

Starts his sentence by saying that "Indians and Indian Football is a joke" and calls it a quote. Which famous personality has given this quote.The use of the word "Indians" is disrespectful to say the least and infact shows your opinion about the country. I have no problem if you criticize any particular organisation but to criticize the nation as a whole without facts is unwarranted.

You are obviously not talking about Sports because you have mentioned about Nobel Prize Winners,India's role in the World and that India is a sub par nation which shows nothing but your ignorance about Facts, International Relations, Foreign Policy etc.

Also,There are many videos  on YouTube regarding India's Importance to the World (Past,Present and Future) , please have a look at it.

rathorevarun4
  • The people who called india joke or claims that is desh ka Kuch nhi ho skta ye wo are the same one who on one side says that India is too much dirty no cleanliness what swacch Bharat is & on the other hand spits masala on the main road throwing wrappers or waste on the same road.

BadBrainFallINDIA
  • SiVSiV 1853 Points
    @thebeautifulgame Yes. But Ashley Westwood is not coaching now and has lesser Asian experience compared to Eelco Schatoriee..  We need to beat West Asian teams to progress to a higher ranking and Eelco knows the level there. He is young comparatively to other high profile Coaches from West. Also cost wise will fit AIFF budget.

The BFC lobby which pushes for Roca, comes across as a father figure which AIFF wants. The problem is he is not ambitious and may not be able to push the players to perform at a higher level. Also, he is not in coaching for last 1 year. 
    Firstly, I would like to clarify to all members on this forum that the quoted part is what I hear from a lot of fellow hypocritical Indians on a daily basis. I just wanted to make an anecdote to substantiate MY THOUGHTS in the second para. I think this should rest the claim. 

Secondly, I understand that this forum is about football and the country and its issues might not find a place here. But, instead of talking about the relatively positive stuff in the second para, why are some members bashing me for the first para? This clearly means that they also listen to such stuff on a daily basis and are fed up of it. Talk about the positives man. 
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    CoolGagan, First of all, let me tell you one thing i.e no one has an agenda to bash anyone at least not me.

Now,coming to your post. I would like to tell you that in my opinion, the tone of your post is super critical and way over the top and I'll give you reasons for it as well.

1) First of all, in the first sentence of your first paragraph itself , you have somehow linked the whole country(by stating the word Indians) to Indian Football and called everybody(every Indian) a joke and that too in inverted commas. Uruguay(has got sub-par impact in the World as a country but has managed to win Football World Cup). On the other hand Countries like China,USA( who are global powers are still nowhere close to winning the World Cup). I don't know how have you linked the two??

Then, you went further called India as Sub-par Nation and stated that its impact on the world is minimal to which i have already replied by stating the Groups in which India is member like G-20,G-4,Brics etc.There is tonnes of information as to why India is a Significant Country in the World.

Next, You are referring to Indians(130 CRORE People) as a Joke. Then you are saying that many other members have said the same thing. I don't know which other member has said that "Indians are a Joke" . I mean Seriously, Doesn't it sound offensive to you???  You surely can't say that it is your perspective. We all know that Indian Football isn't the best run organization and you have every right to criticize it because we all know about its issues. If you would have done that then nobody would have said anything. Instead, you decided to label Indians as a joke.

2) Secondly, you are comparing Developed Countries to India(Developing Country). I agree that India has many problems and issues and a lot can be done in many areas but even Developed Countries have their problems.
    Eg) The Black Population IN USA(The Super Power) still faces discrimination in many areas but that doesn't mean that it is sub-par country or its role is minimum. Different Countries have different problems. You can not take Research as a parameter and try to rate the countries. Research is also of Different types eg) Space, Defence, Health, etc and to your surprise India has done and is doing decently in these areas as well.

3) Thirdly, in your second paragraph, you said that, if you want to achieve excellence then either become an entrepreneur or move out to a developed country. So based on your statement, all those people who are in jobs in India can never achieve excellence and are stupid because in an ideal world everybody would like to achieve excellence but in India they wont be able to do so.This is a naive statement to say the least. Therefore, all those people who are working outside India irrespective of their job profile and their personality will achieve excellence automatically because they are working in a developed country.

So basically, you are ignoring the fact that the nature of the job and individual himself is responsible for achieving excellence.I agree that surroundings,atmosphere etc play important role but still,it depends on the individual.Those who want to achieve excellence can achieve it anywhere.

In the end, i would like to say that i have not got any issues with anyone(including you) . However, there were some words in your post which i found quite offensive. Therefore, i gave my feedback on the same.

rathorevarun4 coolgaganashindiaspartaindian_gooner
    edited April 2019
    @Bad I understand your perspective and therefore want to appreciate you for the feedback. I won't contest your argument for the first para as it's what I've collected based on my experience (I repeat, they are not my thoughts).

However, please try to understand the structure of my post. Para 1 does not put India in its rightful light. Thus, I build upon it and contextualise the situation in the second para. This effectively puts India in a brighter light. 

Though, I'll contest your reasoning for 3rd argument. When I say excellence, I mean excellence in its highest form. India does have its own excellent achievements. But, I'm not sure if as a whole you'll call that excellence. I might have taken a narrow view of it. But, this is what I think. Moreover, based on my definition of excellence, I still feel that the context of a developing country with its socio-economic situation makes its difficult to achieve the aforementioned on a truly absolute scale. 

Relatively speaking, India is an excellent country in its own right. It has successfully eradicated polio and has drastically reduced HIV patients in the last decade. This is excellent for India as it solves one of its biggest problems. Though, this might not augur well for the rest of the world. 

Excellence should create a dent in the universe. It is something that has significant impact on mankind. Penicillin invention is excellent. Zero invention by India is excellent. I hope you get the reasoning. 
    Bad