India in Rio Olympics 2016

Comments

• BadBad 5141 Points
    She is Fantastic.The irony however is,most of the people are congratulating her for qualification to Rio.They don't the fact that actually she has a genuine chance of winning a medal.Her performances have been very consistent.All she needs is a bit of luck and she can actually create history and create ripples around the country.She already is a true inspiration.Her pet event is the Vault where minimum, i am expecting her to make the finals and by luck and her hardwork she can actually win a medal.Her 5th place finish at the World Championship in Vault event cements her spot.
    munna219777BrainFallINDIA
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    reddevil87,
    I am honestly expecting 1 medal from Boxing and at the most 2(if we are really lucky). I feel its a reasonable estimation.
    munna219777
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    reddevil87,
    Yes you are right that Women's archery team has been one of the medal prospects but has failed to deliver but still that can't take its tag of a medal possibility away from it.Its like South African cricket team but  still i feel we can earn a medal as the team has been in decent form.They finished with a silver medal in the first Olympic qualifiying event(World CHampionships) so confidence will be high.
    munna219777reddevil87
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    munna219777,
    I feel Since Nicola and Ren have already qualified they wont be allowed to take part in the World Championships as one nation can secure only one quota place which they already done so they can't win the quota again.I'll give you an example since Narsingh had already qualified from the World Championships 2015 in 74kg for olympics so no Indian wrestler participated in the Asian Wrestling Championships 2016(the same event from where Yogeshwar and Harpreet qualified) so i have a feeling that since they have already qualified there countries will have no participation in those categories.

Regarding the men's tournaments (2016 AIBA World Olympic Qualifiying Tournament) scheduled to  start from 7th June-19th will take place.I don't know its exact details but feel it would be an open tournament i.e free for all continents.
    munna219777
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    munna219777,
    Regarding Sushil,see he is an World Class athlete and he knows his body best.What to do and what not,i feel he knows better than anybody.He in my opinion is still better than Narsingh and with little bit of training he can surely get his form back.No doubt,Narsingh is also a World class athlete but if i would have to pick one of them i would certainly pick Sushil.Another positive with him is he has been at the big stage and under pressure previously as well and has come out trumps.
    munna219777
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Nagendra Rajahmundry, A.P,
    Its okay bro,not a problem.
    Nagendra
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Guys,I would like to share the details of the Azlan Shah Tournament:

First of all i feel the team really did well by reaching the finals and winning a Silver medal.

The Final Match:
    India played with a plan of holding Australia for as long as possible and did well till the 25 min where Australia did score.It was a good goal by their forward and you can't actually blame the defence for that.After this goal India searched for the equaliser and the game opened creating more space for the Australian team and their forwards.

India played more on counters and did okay as far as strategy was concerned.India earned 3-4 Penalty corners(Its main weapon) during the course of the but failed to convert whereas some extremely poor Goal Keeping and Technical superiorty of the Australians turned the match and scoreline and made it look one sided but actually it was not as one sided as it looked.No Doubt they were the better team but a difference of 2 goals would have been a fair result in my opinion.

Team Composition and Player Performances(Also possible Selection from this squad  for Rio Olympics)-This year two main tournaments take place before the all important Rio Olympics:

1)Azlan Shah
    2)Champions Trophy

The team composition in my opinion for Azlan Shah was possibly to have a look at the possible players who could go to Rio,few players returing from injury ,lacking match time,match fitness etc to make them play.This was in my opinion,the final tournament where they gave a final chance to all players to prove themselves without tinkering with the crux of the team too much(However,in my opinion they actually did too much tinkering).Now,the authorities in my opinion will finalise the 16 players for Rio Olympics and will enter the Champions trophy tournament(with their full team-all members who would be going to Rio and evaluate as to where they stand).This is what i can infer from the team compostion.

Now coming to the Player Performances:

GOALKEEPERS:

1)Akash Chitke and Harjot Singh-Unfortunately,both were ridicuously poor in my opinion.Akash made couple of decent saves against Canada, but in general they aren't even near International level.The types of errors which they made were not even school boy errors(even below that).Poor anticipation ,Slow reflexes,Poor Game Knowledge are to list a few.They shouldn't be near the National team in my opinion for atleast 5 years.If i were the Coach my first choice keeper would be Sreejesh and 2 choice would be outside of these 2.Playing national and international hockey is huge difference.They aren't fit for it yet.

DEFENDERS:

2)Rupinder Pal-Was comminting mistakes,looked rusty,lack of match time showed,his penalty corners were also not as accurate as they generally are.He didn't look a 100%.

3)Surender Kumar-Omg!!!!is perhaps in the same club as Akash Chitke and Harjot Singh.Extremely poor awareness,limited skills,gives the ball away to many times,is a back passer(not even a parallel passer),no vision,defensive position awareness is also very bad even though he playes as a defender.Should not play for India again.

4)Jasjit-Is perhaps the most improved player in Indian Team.I criticised him highly but, time at HIL and this tournament has helped him a lot.He has certainly improved a lot.His tackling capabilities need to be sharpened and with experience he can do good for India.

5)Harmanpreet Singh-The find of the tournament for me.Extremely Confident on the ball,has great dribbling skills with great ball control,has decent speed as well to recover in defence.Greatest thingh is he is only 19 or 20.World class Propect for future Indian Team.Even though he is a defender he can easily play as a midfielder due to his passing skills,control and vision.He can Possibly is Jugraj Singh in the making.

I'll share Midfielders and Forwards Feedback in some time.

munna219777reddevil87karenesudhakar2050kartik91archakNagendrashankarshibiernamewtheld
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Now,coming to the MIDFIELDERS:-

6)Harjeet Singh-Same league as Akash,Harjot and Surender.He is highly overated.He is also back passer and not a positional player at all.

7)Sk Uthappa-Same league as Akash,Harjot and Surender.He is highly overated.He is also back passer and not a positional player at all.

Harjeet and Uthappa shouldn't be near the national team.

8)Manpreet Singh-Cant comment much,was unavailable for first two matches as his father passed away.Came back later but frame of mind can't be good.He is a steady player generally but is still prone to errors here and there.He ahs and will mature with age.

9)Kothajit Singh-Was injured during Hwl 2015 finals.I feel he is still rusty and lacks match time.He is generally a stable player with decent awareness.

10)Chinglesena - Is decent player,plays percentage passes,decent ball carrier and decent awareness.Covers for more adventurous players when they enter the opposition circle.

11)Sardar Singh- Legend of Indian Hockey.He is perhaps the only Indian player who walks into any team in the world.There is hardly anything which this person can't do.He has been the backbone of this team past 6-8 years.
    He has been the only Indian player who has featured in Hockey team of the years multiple times for India during the last 6-8 years.

FORWARDS:-

12)Nikkin Thimiah:-He is inconsistent,has speed,decent skill but poor decision prevents him from becoming a top striker. He lacks composure and looked rusty.

13)Mandeep Singh-The only decent thing which he had when i saw him 3-4 years ago when he was around 17-18 years was his finishing.With time i thought his overall game will evolve but unfortunately his game has not evolved.He is okay if India is playing teams outside the top 10 but he is never noticed on the pitch against top 10 teams.His only approach and dodge if you may call it ,which he uses to both protect the ball and pass inside the circle(D) is often seen as an act of shielding the ball and opposition gets the possession from there.What i am saying is the only way he knows how to protect the ball is also not clean and is often seen as a foul.

14)Ramandeep and SV Sunil-They both form the heart of India's attack along with Akashdeep. Ramandeep and Sunil have good skills and good speed.They both have decent awareness and another characteristic which they both have is that they are BIG MATCH PLAYER(They generally do well in a tough match)The only thing which i find which they can improve is Finishing for Sunil and better off the ball running(position creation) for Ramandeep.

Note-Another important thing which i noticed(Positive) was that India routed 2 teams(5-1 and 6-1) which i haven't seen in last few years.India Dominating the match and routing the opposition is a pleasing sign.So much so that this wasn't are full team.Hopes are high so fingers crossed for the event which we and more so our team has been waiting for.Lets get our lost glory back ,lets CHEER FOR THE INDIAN TIGERS.(All the best guys)

kartik91munna219777reddevil87karenesudhakar2050archakNagendrashankarshibiernamewtheldsparta
  • kartik91kartik91 Delhi1139 Points
    Brilliant insights Hemant! You should really start your blog if you haven't yet already that is.
    These are the sort of news not covered by mainstream media in depth so you covering these details make for very good read!
    munna219777reddevil87shibier
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Thank you guys for your support and kind words.I really appreciate it.

Also,please let me know if I shall share the best possible  team in my opinion for Rio Olympics now or shall I wait for the Champions Trophy Tournament.

What I feel is that the team for the Champions Trophy would actually be the team going to represent India at Rio,so there will not be any scope for discussion and the suspense and anticipation factor would be lost.

So guys,please let me know,if I shall share the team now or after the Champions Trophy.
    reddevil87munna219777namewtheld