India in Rio Olympics 2016

Comments

• BadBad 5146 Points
    Archak,first of bro let me assure you that I have nothing against Mihir or other Sports Journalist which you have mentioned but yes there are many times where they are in a hurry to publish the news rather than going to the crux of the situation.

Now,with greater power comes greater responsibility which i am sorry to say some of these people lack.They even lack basic understanding.Bro,i'll share couple of situations with you:-

1)Bro,there is nothing like easy or tough route,there is a right and a wrong route.Do you know bro ,ideally there is a match between the competitors to represent the country at major events also.Eg)World Championship Wrestling Event is an open Event i.e any country can enter ,no qualification,no quota is required.If Sushil had been Fit,There would have been have been a match between Narsingh and Sushil to determine who will represent India at World Championships.So,if there is match just to determine who will represent India at World Championship ,then surely there should be a match to determine the quota representative.

2)The second thing which i disliked about the article is that Journalist has written,End of Sushil's Olympic Dream.Now,the writer has given this heading in the NEWSPAPER WHICH COMES TO MY PLACE.Now,tell he didn't had the courtsey to ask Sushil Kumar about this.The writer has given his feedback based on information he has collected and single handedly put Sushil out of the Olympics without actually speaking to Sushil about it.I mean Sushil has left ROADIES Show on Mtv(To prepare for olympics)surely Sushil isn't an idiot who"ll quit the show also and not handed his chance also.These MEDIA PEOPLE DIDN'T HAVE RESPONSIBILITY TO TAKE SUSHIL'S FEEDBACK ON THIS.THEY ARE IN A HURRY TO PUBLISH THE NEWS.

NOTE-IT WAS STATED LONG AGO THAT A MATCH WILL TAKE PLACE BETWEEN SUSHIL AND NARSINGH(AS SOON AS NARSINGH WON THE QUOTA,WHICH I THINK WAS  ABOUT 6 MONTHS BACK).NOW,TELL ME THE ATHLETES ARE LIKELY TO THE COURT IN CASE THE MATCH HAPPENS OR IN CASE THE MATCH DOESN'T HAPPEN?

3)Now,Another case is that i saw a news published in the newspaper that comes to my place a week back that "End of Leander and Mahesh Bhupati's Olympic Dream as a pair" as International Tennis Association has stopped providing Wild Cards and there current rankings aren't within the prescribed limit.The Only way they can play is if Rohan Bopanna(Who was ranked 11 at that time) enters the top 10 at the deadline date(which is in June or July).So, in that case Rohan can Select any one of these two or any other Indian as a top 10 player can select anyone to be his/her partner provided his/her partner has a double's ranking.

Now,This News is partially true.What they said about Rohan was spot on but what the writer said about Wild cards not provided was actually quite naive.The actual truth is that the name of '"Wild Cards" has been Changed to "ITF QUOTA PLACE".So,i am telling that Leander and Mahesh can still qualify as a pair through Wild Card RULE.Whether they get it or not is another debate but they can still qualify as  pair.

My Issue on this is:-

1)The writer didn't do his homework as to the details of the event.

2)Every International Federation(Almost any Sport,specially Indivdual or Doubles Sports) has quota places to cater to the needs of "Either those countries which can't qualify or to provide Last Hurrah to the Legends of the Game".
    eg)Say Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal are injured for a year before the Olympics,their ranking will definitely come down say from 3-4 it will be around 1000 as he has not played a match in a year but 1 month before the Olympics say he is fully fit but he can't improve the ranking to the prescribed limit.Then in this case ITF will not say that you aren't eligible,they'll Definitely Give them the Wild Card(ITF quota place) beacause Tennis without them will not generate the same buzz .Thus ,every Fedartion(FOR Individual and Double"s Sports) keeps these

So,Stating that Wild CARDS aren't provided to anyone is quite Naive from the Writer.Moreover,as he caters to MiIllion's of people in India he should double check  before publishing.Basic Questions like how can this be possible ,WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF A TOP PLAYER IN INJURED FOR A LONG TIME AND RECOVERS JUST BEFORE THE OLYMPICS(WILL HE PLAY OR NOT) ETC AREN'T COMING IN THEIR MINDS,WHICH ACTUALLY SHOWS THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND THE MINUTE AND IMPORTANT POINTS OF THE SPORT?

I am not an Expert and i cater to only people of this community but still i try to find answers to all possible questions before sharing my view(I can also be wrong but to i try to give a suitable logic) but some of these writer"s despite catering to Millions just publish without knowing or understanding and without actually consulting the right people(Like Sushil was not consulted,neither were Leander and Mahesh) Which is extremely Bad and Naive from these people.

Now,Finally coming to the Sushil and Narsingh i still maintain that Match between them will definitely happen(i may be wrong) but why i am saying that it will still happen is that it was stated in Official Capacity and Both Sushil AND Narsingh are preparing with respect to the Match.This is also the right way of handling these issues as well and all the countries in the World are all ready following it(it removes scope for any Biasness also).
    Nagendramunna219777kartik91namewtheldsparta
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    @Bad Great points you have raised and a very well written post.  I also like the way that there is camaraderie between Narsingh and Sushil. Apparently Narsingh Yadav touches Feet of Sushil Kumar. Last time in Wrestling we saw two great wrestlers in one group was when Kripa Shankar and Yogeswar Dutt were in same group and competing for one quota place. That article did mention about Wrestling IPL and different lobbies out of it. Is there a clash between Sushil Kumar and his mentor Satpal  group and the Wrestling Federation which organised IPL? If you remember, there was a tweet by Parth Jindal taunting Sushil Kumar that why is he avoiding bout with Narsingh Yadav who is supported by JSW?
    There is no love lost when there are Women contestants. M C Mary Kom and Pinky Jangra. Both will scratch each other faces if they meet anywhere. Their playoff is a heated affair with every point contested and questioned.
    Bad
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    Yes,you are right Munna.Sushil and Narsingh have positive competition whereas same can't be said about Pinky and Mary.They may not be enemies but aren't necessarily best of friends.
    munna219777
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    copied from another forum i visit
    detailed analysis of medal prospects

hooting - World championships in September 2014- Jitu Rai in silver in 50 m pistol - He is also the current world no. 1 in this event
    Archery - World championships in July 2015- Womens team silver
    Badminton - World championships in August 2015 - Saina Nehwal- Silver in Womens singles
    Wrestling - World championships in September 2015- Narsingh Yadav- Bronze in 74 kgs. mens freestyle
    Boxing - World championships in October 2015- Shiva Thapa -Bronze in Bantamweight

These are the results in the events held within last year (except Jitu has repeated his success later in world cups). So, it is fair to expect that these can repeat their performances in Rio and if they do we will have 5 medals.

http://sports-india.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&p=4364377&sid=2fa7dac607928fd9ee207928ec18d4df#p4364377
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    India earns two more quotas in Wrestling as opponents of these wrestlers have tested positive at Asian Wrestling Qualification Tournament.These wrestlers are:-

1)Babita Kumari-53kg Free style
    2)Ravinder Khatri-85kg Greco Roman

This takes our Wrestling tally to 8(best ever) and total tally 90.

BrainFallINDIAmunna219777kartik91
    Thats great news. I wonder why it took them so long after the tournament to test positive. It must be Sample A, Sample B issue.
    Sushil Kumar and Narsingh Yadav row intensifies with Sushil now knocking at Modi Office.

http://www.thehindu.com/sport/other-sports/rio-spot-sushil-kumar-knocks-at-pms-door/article8596905.ece

• BadBad 5146 Points
    Sudha Singh creates new National record in 3000m Steeplechase event.

I am predicting many new National Record in Athletics soon,specially the relay teams:-

1)4*100 m-Women
    2)4*400 m-Men

munna219777BrainFallINDIAnamewtheldNagendrakartik91
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    Guys,India secures one quota place in Judo.Our total reaches 91.
    munna219777kartik91