India in Rio Olympics 2016

Comments

• BadBad 5146 Points
    Guys,some more noteworthy performances:-

1)Arokia Rajiv(400m Men)-He clocked 45.47 sec to set a new National Record today.Though,he missed the Olympics Qualification mark of 45.40 sec but still as there are many events to come and International competition will probably help him to qualify for the Olympics.

2)Anilda Thomas(400m Women)-She clocked around 52.40 sec whereas the Qualification Mark was 52.2 sec.

Plz Note-This is Season's first major competition so many athletes are rusty.Also,Since this is domestic tournament so competition is not very high and some Athletes aren't rushed enough,they can win the races by giving their 75-80%.I am hoping that as many,International competitions are coming up all these Athletes will qualify as competition there will force them to give their 100%
    munna219777Nagendra
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    Guys,Sudha Singh wins a quota in 3000m Women's Steeplechase event.
    munna219777kartik91namewtheldsparta
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    Great news. Sudha Singh is a very experienced athlete.

@Bad Where is Tintu Luka these days? She was so promising 4-5 years ago.
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    Tintu has already qualified.
    munna219777
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    are they eating lot spinach for the improved results :D
  • MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2978 Points
    Mallick trained with bolt and RCB  fan Blake
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    Guys,INDIA wins 2 qoutas in Weightlifting (Still unconfirmed but 95% sure).1 each in Men's and Women's Category. ALSO,2 Judo players are expected to make the cut at the end of Judo Deadline date(end of May).Here,also 1 each in Men's and Women's Category. Also,I'll share observations Today on the recently conducted Athletics event.Some observations and some facts,Hope,U guys will like it. With Weightlifting quotas 79 of our Athletes have already qualified ( As of Today)
    munna219777namewtheldkartik91
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    Guys,This was the first time that I have observed an Athletics Domestic Meet and one thing I must tell you that I am pleasantly surprised and Amazed at the Improvement of Indian Athletics.Really Really Commendable Job.

SOME FACTS AND OBSERVATIONS:-

1)100m Men-I really hope and wish Amiya Mallick Qualifies.I feel he can qualify in tougher competition.

2)100m Women-This is really the surprise of the Meet for me.TOP 3 girls timings are as follows:-

a)Dutee-11.33sec(Olympics Qualification was 11.32)missed it narrowly.
    b)Srabani-11.45 sec
    c)Jyothi-11.46 sec

Fun Fact:All these 3 girls timings were better than the timings of the girl who won 100m Women's Gold at 2014 Asian Games.What does this mean?
    This means that had these 3 Girls ran this race(with the timings slated above) they would have Clean Sweeped the 100m event at Asian Games.(Wow!!!!What an Achievement that would have been)

Inference from this:We would have been firm Favourites for 4*100 m Relay as all three Athletes would have finished on the Podium.

3)400m Women:Olympics Qualification was 52.2 sec.Anilda Thomas(52.4)and Poovama(52.6)just missed the Qualification Mark.These two have genuine chance of making it to the Olympics.

4)400m Men:Olympics Qualification was 45.40 sec.Arokia Rajiv clocked 45.47sec(National Record Created),Muhammad Anus(45.73).Both have genuine chances of Qualification for Olympics.

My Opinion,
    1)Amiya Mallick can qualify for the Olympics(which means below 10.16 sec) What an Achievement  that would be.

2)Dutee,Srabani and Jyothi all can qualify for both 100m and 200m.(If that happens that would be a Historic day in my Opinion)Bigger than Bindra's Gold Medal.Imagine 3 Indian Women qualifying in Sprint Events(100m and 200m)Wow!!!   I am getting Goosebumps,just thinking about it.

3)400m-In Both Men and Women both Arokia and Anus and Poovama and Anilda can qualify genuinely.

Now,Effect on Relays:
    1)Men's 4*400 Relay:-See,timings of top 4 ,400 runners:-45.47,45.73,46.08 and 46.30 puts India in genuine chance of Qualification for the Olympics.

2)Women's 4*400 Relay:-See,Timings of 52.4,52.6 ,53 and probably Tintu Added from 800 m also makes a genuine possibility of Qualification for Rio.

3)Women's 4* 100 Relay:Provided 3 girls are hobbering around the Qualification Mark creates a possibility for 4*100 m team making it to Rio as well.

Guys,I know these analysis may seem too optimistic at this time but guys the way these Athletes are improving their records pretty much every time they are running and that too by a huge margin is Amazing.eg)Dutee(previous 100 m best before this meet was more 11.5 ,now 11.33),in 200m(previous was 23.73 now 23.4)
    Arokia-previous was 45.7 now 45.47.

Only one major Tournament has taken place this yr and i know we shd not jump the Barrel too soon but Really guys the Results and Performances(Have increased leaps and bounce).

Another Olympic Athletics Qualification is starting from 6th May 2016,Let's see,were these performances just flash in the Pan or Actually have  we improved in Athletics to the level which I can infer.

Plz Note-Some of the estimations which I have made(Specially w.r.t Relays,I have evaluated past Olympics,World Championship timings ) and then stated the possibility.

As of now,Let's wait and watch ,what hapeens on 6th May 2016!!!
    7negikartik91archaksouravindiashankar
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    i think the improvement is result of spinach,since everyone is taking the spinach
  • kartik91kartik91 Delhi1139 Points
    Brilliant news this! 100m women inference and relational comparisons were goosebumps inducing for sure! 
    Let's hope all these guys get into Olympics!