India in Rio Olympics 2016

Comments

• BadBad 5146 Points
    Guys,its okay with me.Its your opinion,you may go with Sushil or Narsingh but what is hurting me is that interest of the country is being ignored.Both our good Wrestlers but form is also something.

Eg)India won (Men's)Hockey quota for Rio by winning the Gold at Asian Games 2014 but come the Rio Olympics only 7-8 players out of 15-16 players will make the cut.
    So shouldn't the other 7-8 players who will not be selected say that,Since they were part of quota winning side so they shd play at the Olympics.

Answer is no,because Interest of the country is kept above every player.
    Similarly,it shouldn't be abt Narsingh's interest but country's interest.

And one more which Nagendra and Shankar both of you mentioned (Sushil shd pass on the baton to next generation).In my opinion,the reason why he is not passing the baton is because he thinks he is still better than Narsingh.

So, the Federation shd serve the interest of the country and not interest of Narsingh.Thus,a fair trial shd be held however now I am getting a feel that our Wrestling Federation isn't gutsy enough.
    They shd take a leaf out from our Shooting Federation.

In shooting,Sanjeev Rajput won a quota place in 50m Rifle event but they swapped his quota place for a quota place in Double Trap event because they thought we(India) had a better chance of winning a medal in Double Trap event.
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6762 Points
    @ Bad...

We cannot compare Hockey and Wrestling...  In team game, none of the federation will commit to same set of players... they can keep on adding best performers.. Will it be fair if entire current hockey team scrapped and new set of players being selected to Olympics based on their previous merit or say current form.. nope.. it is not possible in hockey/football/cricket..... also in other wrestling categories... Olympic quota given to the person who earned for India... then why do we need to change the process just for Sushil.... It will create bad image to WFI... Federation should not consider past laurels.. it will be totally biased...

to some extent Wrestling and Shooting can be compared... I'm not aware of Shooting... and cannot comment much..

but based on your comment, Sanjeev Rajput won a quota place in 50m Rifle event and it is being swapped... Atleast he has a chance to prove himself in different event.. but here in this case... for Narsingh .. it's totally unfair..
    munna219777
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    Nagendra(bro),I don't have anything against Narsingh and Sushil is also not giving me anything for favoring him.

Second,i also respect your opinion and i know where you are coming from.      
    But honestly tell me who would you prefer a fully fit Sushil or a fully fit Narsingh?
    Nagendra
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    I would prefer Fully fit Sushil.

• BadBad 5146 Points
    I feel we have no option but to wait.One thing is for sure that as things stand it seems Narsingh is the favorite to go to Rio and without a trial.All I hope is no matter who ever goes to Rio shd go for Gold.
    Nagendra
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    One more thing which I would like the Federation to address for future is that they shd rate the Tournaments in advance to avoid any conflicts.
    eg)All those wrestlers who qualify through World Championship for Olympics etc will be first choice in their respective categories.
    Similarly,
    Next weightage to be given to Asian Qualification tournaments then Open Tournament etc.

Nagendra
  • kartik91kartik91 Delhi1139 Points
    Well now since the supreme Court has directed WFI to listen to sushil's query, we will have an answer soon.
    I personally am in favour of trials across the board as the quota places are won by an individual not for him but for the country.
    It is just before the Olympics where the athlete representing India should be confirmed. 
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6762 Points
    ;Bad  ( Hemanth if I'm not wrong :) )

Nice discussion... I like your intention and it makes some sense.. nothing wrong in that... 
    initially I'm like 50-50. But once Sushil approached court.. I felt he is doing non-sense and not giving respect to well deserved Narsingh Yadav...

my heart says Narsingh and brain says Fully fit Sushil... 

;kartik91

I would like to end this discussion here on a positive note and not feeling like to reply by considering
    1)  As I'm the main culprit who started this discussion and looking for opinion from all of you..
    2) Not sure if I can prolong this discussion as this forum is related to football
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    Nagendra(bro),it's fine you have an opinion and you have shared it with logic(Logic is important for me). Be it Football or any other sport,what is important is that we shd discuss it with relevance because deep down we all want India to be numero uno in every Sport. That is why, I always try share promising performances across all sports for India. I also feel that we shd wait for official verdict in Sushil Narsingh saga.I just wanted to share couple of things:- 1)Sushil had to go to court because the Federation has till now not spoken officially as to what it plans to do. 2)Bro,my name is Hemant. I love to share promising performances across all Indian Sports and I have got some promising news to share which I will be sharing(in few hrs from now)
    Nagendra
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    It's not related with this Olympics but more of a long term plan.
    Nagendra