India in Rio Olympics 2016

Comments

• NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6762 Points
    ;munna219777  & Bad ...

what do u guys think about Sushil kumar trial.. Is it fare for Narsingh ? Does Sushil deserves ?
    munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    @Nagendra ;   Sushil Kumar is wrong in going to Court. This will mean that every athlete in every sport after winning qualification on merit can be challenged by anybody at home for another trial.
    Sushil Kumar has not been competing at any world or asian or national event in last 2 years. He won Commonwealth Games in 2014 but we all know that Commonwealth Games standard in Wrestling is very very poor. Even Indian National Trials or Wrestling IPL are more competitive then Commonwealth Games. His past laurels were in 66 kilos category and that also years ago.
    He did not compete for years citing injury and now suddenly wants to go to Olympics on slot which has been earned on merit by other Wrestler.
    Just imagine MC Mary kom earning qualification or this Boxer Shiva Thapa who got slot. Now if Pinky jangra wants a trial after MaryKom gets qualification, is that fair?
    In the past, there was a famous wrestler Kripa Shankar who wanted to go to Olympics and he demanded trial. But because on merit. Yogeswar Dutt has already qualified for 2004 Olympics. So Yogeswar dutt went and kripa Shankar was left out.
    Sushil Kumar has been misguided by his Coach Satpal lobby which controls him. Only if Narsingh yadav is injured, then only replacement can be sent -Sushil Kumar.
    Message for all wrestlers and athletes- quota on merit has to be earned. Just sitting and not competing anywhere and then demanding Olympic berth by denying other people is not good.
    Nagendrashankar
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    Sorry for the late reply Nagendra.I was not well.
    Now,in my opinion Sushil Kumar deserves this trial 120%.

Even though,he has not wrestled for a long time.

He is the best ever Athlete India has produced(2 back to back Olympic medals and a former World Champion).Mary and Sarita are only other World Champions I can think off.They also won it way back.

Yes,Commonwealth is not very hard but it is not that easy also as Nigeria and Canada are decent.So much so that only our very well known and world class Athletes won Gold.Amit Kumar,Yogesh, Sushil,Vinesh and Babita won Gold.Even the likes of Bajrang didn't win Gold so it is not that easy.

Sooner rather than later in my opinion Trials will have to be conducted as number of wrestlers,boxers for a particular category will be more than one.

The selection for an event is based on trials.eg)In 2014 Commonwealth Games,Pinki defeated Mary in a trial match thus Pink represented India but here Narsingh was selected as Sushil was injured.H hence no trial match was there.

Category weight ,over a period of time doesn't matter trust me.Had it been first tournament for Sushil in 74kg from his shift from 66kg then I would have preferred Narsingh but Sushil's participation in Commonwealth Games in 74kg is sufficient enough.Moreover,he is not asking for a Rio ticket,he is just asking for a match and may the best man win.Sushil isn't just another wrestler,he is a Legend and best ever individual Indian Athlete of all time.

Another reason is that since he is part of Government 's TOPS scheme,crores has been spent on his training even after Narsingh won the quota,so if he wasn't to be considered at all then why spend crores on his training.

Yes,S Sushil is right in going to court because even now no official statement has been made by the Federation,with around 80 days left ,Athletes shd be sure as to what is happening but this is not the case.

Another reason is,Every country where the competition is high resorts to trial method.i am failing to understand what's the harm in it?Federation has to identify 3-4 or 2 of the best Athletes and conduct a match and Whoever wins it gets to represent their country.

I would say ,100 % Sushil Deserves a trial because if he was not fit he wouldn't have 
    asked for the trial.Also,the federation should not decide what is fair and not but should decide who has got the better chance of going deep into the tournament and winning Gold or a medal for India as it is the country which be benefited and I personally feel if Sushil is fit,he is better than Narsingh.If the bout takes place,it'll give a clear picture about Sushil's Fitness and if Sushil wins that bout then he surely is a Gold medal contender because it is only Sushil's Fitness that is questionable as he has not wrestled for a long time,otherwise he is better than Narsingh and even if Sushil doesn't win that match,it'll be because of his fitness and not because of his skill.

The difference between Narsingh and Sushil in my opinion is,"if Narsingh is fully fit then he is a medal contender but if Sushil is fit he is a Gold Medal contender"

He thinks he is fit but we are doubtful so let's have trial as to judge as to where he stands.If he is not fit ,Narsingh will beat him(fair enough) but if he is fit than surely he is better than Narsingh.
    Nagendrakartik91
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    Siddharth Thingalaya creates national record in 110m hurdles.Even though his of 13.59 sec is still away from Olympic Qualification time of 13.47sec but still it is a National record none the less.
    kartik91munna219777
    Thanks Bad for the details..
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    Guys,our Athletes will be competing in Beijing and Taipei from 18-20th May.Our relay teams will be competing.This is the first time our relay teams will be participating after the improvement drive of Athletics.I am predicting our National record to be shattered by a long margin specially in 4*100 m Women's relay.Our National record currently is 44.43 sec.I am expecting a time of between 43-43.5 sec (provided a smooth race is runned,no Baton passing failure etc) which will not only break our National Record but will also put ourselves within the Qualification times for Rio Olympics as well.Currently, the last Qualification time which is qualifying for Rio is 43.71 sec.So,fingers crossed.I'll get back to you as soon as I get to know about the results.Also,keep an eye on our Sprinter's in Individual events specially Dutee and Srabani.

Nagendrakartik91
    here is my opinion...

first of all... we need to think from Narsingh perspective as well... it is not fair to Narsingh.... He won the quota... that too wining medal in world championship,,

If govt or federation spent lot of money on Sushil.. and if they have plans for Sushil in 74 kg category...then they would have informed Narsingh before 2015 world championship itself.,,, why all this fuss after earning quota..

Lets think like this.. If Narsingh also injured before world championship... and no quota for India in 74 kg... Is there any way India (WFI) can request Wrestling federation to give quota to Sushil as he won 2 medals in Olympics.. no chance.. past laurels doesn't count... I don't think India has wildcard entries for Wrestling... 

And coming to Sushil case, he doesn't have a choice other than trail.. so he is requesting for this trail... In no way, he cannot ask for Olympics berth... also Narsingh done decent enough in world championship and geared up well for Olympics...

Based on trail ( one bout ), we cannot decide the fate for Olympics.. If it is bad day for Narsingh .. he may loose... also he will be under more pressure in trail as it decides his fate... every knows under pressure, performance may degraded and not everyone can handle pressure.. on the other hand,... Sushil nothing to loose as he had already won 2 medals.. he can fight without pressure as he doesn't deserve Rio berth... its only gain for him...
    shankarmunna219777
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    yea it is sad that the wrestling category of sushil had been removed... but to challenge the place of someone else who earned it seems very unfair on Narsingh...

I was hoping Sushil would be glad to pass the baton and help motivate narsingh to go for glory... but with this ongoing issue, i doubt if any of th two wrestlers would be mentally in a state to perform at olympics...
    Nagendra
    ;shankar

Yah.. I have same feeling... he need to help Narsingh instead of fighting for Rio berth..

In general, Sushil is a nice person.. someone might have influenced him...