India in Rio Olympics 2016

Comments

• BadBad 5146 Points
    Guys,really amazing news is coming in from Athletics.Our,Men's 4*400m relay team has created another National Record clocking 3:00:91 sec bettering 3:02:17 sec previous they made previous week.As the avg of two best two times is taken,so i can assure(unofficially as of now) with these two times Indian Men's relay team will qualify for Rio.The final announcement will be after the deadline expires.

Also,our Women's 4*400 m Women's team will also qualify.4*100 m Women's team will need a better time.

Also,this time 3:00:91sec clocked by our Men's team is a World Class Time.If we clock this sought of time at Rio,we will most probably be making the Final of 4*400 m event and expect to finish in Top 6 in the world which would Historic in my opinion.Its really a very good time.
    namewtheldCarbon_14BrainFallINDIAmunna219777Nagendrareddevil87shibierkartik91spartasanvedjadhav
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    The time clocked by our Men's 4*400 team is 2nd fastest time run by any team this year.Only USA,i Repeat Only USA has run a better time 3:00:38 sec this year. Fingers crossed  guys,this could be the start of something unexpected.
    munna219777shibierkartik91
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10481 Points
    Athletics looks interesting ...... thank you @Bad i get very interesting updates about other sports through u
    Badnamewtheld
  • shibiershibier 2997 Points
    Bad and munna , encyclopedia of IFN
    munna219777sanvedjadhav
  • shibiershibier 2997 Points

2012 4x400 Mens Relay Final Results 
    NagendraCarbon_14Badkartik91namewtheldmunna219777sanvedjadhav
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    Thank you for sharing.Yes,according to these time we would have come 6th.But three things to kept in mind here are:-

1)Russian Athletes may not participate due to doping violations.
    2)Britain clocked 3:01:50 sec and finished behind Belgium(3:01:15)sec in European Final 4*400m held yesterday.Also,the Time which Belgium has clocked I.e (3:01:15)is best time clocked by any European country this year.So,India has better time then all European countries.
    3)Indian Athletes were competing against lower competition,so might not been pushed to their fullest.They still might have something in their reserve and might improve their time further.

Also,one more exciting thing about Relays is uncertainty.A false batton change, lane infringement are commin(though more common in 4*100) but still common.What I am trying to say is any country who reaches the Final in a Relay Event has a genuine chance of winning a medal due to uncertainty.Our,first goal should be to reach the Finals and give our best shot in the Finals as we don't know what might happen.
    Nagendrakartik91Carbon_14munna219777
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    Also,Brother's as today is the last day for Rio Qualifications and our Contingent size and details will be finalised,what I am proposing is that everybody from tomorrow, shares their feeling as to the Possible Indian Medal Tally with as much details like  to:-                                         1)How many Gold Medals,Silver/Bronze, 2)Possible Athletes who will win.   3)Possible Sports in which we can win medals and do well.

This is not a format,any one can share with respect to any points they like and select.

This will generate  interest in the thread and will allow more people to participate. This will also help us cheer our nation at Rio.
    Nagendrakartik91munna219777
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6766 Points
    sure bad (Hemanth ).. good initiative
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6766 Points
    ;Bad .... u look too optimistic.. anyhow good to hear all this...

we have slim chances winning medal in athletics men's section.. our timings are definitely are good.. but handling pressure in big events is much more important... also based on european/african/american championship timings... we cannot decide Olympics spot or performance... everyone will give their heart out in Olympics to win a medal..

withdrawal of Russians in men section doesn't make much difference for our men's team.... Russians men are not competitive.... but we have more chances in women's section...mainly because of withdrawal of Russians....

also I still fear for Qatar and Bahrain athletes..  we need to compete against Kenyan and Ethiopians from 2 different countries which makes totally 4 teams and multiple athletes in middle distance running ...

Sorry if I'm rude on Qatar & Bahrain federations...

munna219777