India in Rio Olympics 2016

Comments

• BadBad 5146 Points
    Nagendra,also share w.r.t to other sports as well ,(the medal hopes)and final medal tally for us in your opinion whenever you find time.
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    Jinson Johnson qualifies in Men's 800m for Rio
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6766 Points
    sure.. first I will cover athletics, then badminton and so on... finally will summarize medal hopes (including slimmer hopes) in all events..
    ;Bad ...

U r spot on... difficult to compete with you... about to post this news..

But long back.. I have shared details of 800m chances, near miss in inter-state competition and also about Jinson Johnson.....

anyhow thanks for details and like ur enthusiasm in all sports :) :wink:  ...
    other atheletics
    Men : 
    800m : SF, Final (slim chances)
    Marathon & 50km walk : No chance of a medal
    20km : Slim chances for Irfan Kolothum Thodi..
    Triple Jump,Shot put, Discus throw : Final
    Long Jump : Final for sure.. slim chances of medal

Women : 
    800m : Final , slim chances of medal as Russians are ruled out...

4*400m : Final, slim chances of medal as Russians are ruled out... Ukraine athletes are tough to beat...& our relay coach is from Ukraine.also I have doubts on Nirmala Sheoran as she is inconsistent in timings.here I don't mean doping.

3000 m steeplechase : Final, very slim chances of medal.. that too as Russians are ruled out... but Kenyan and Ethiopians are tough to beat.... even German and Tunisia athletes are good in steeplechase...we can ignore this event for medal prospect due to tougher competition..

Marathon & 20km walk : No chance of a medal
    Shot put, Discus throw : Final
    Long Jump/Triple Jump : Not qualified
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    So our final participation number is 121,please can someone confirm?

This means that we would have crossed 100 even if our Women's Hockey Team wouldn't have qualified.

In my opinion,121 is really good number.
    BrainFallINDIAkartik91
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    83 was our previous best,so 121 is (1.5 times) and a very good improvement.
    BrainFallINDIAreddevil87kartik91
    Babita Kumari is a medal prospect in Rio Olympics & now her Rio spot has lot of twists & turns....  WADA has given clearance for Mongolian wrestler who defeated Babita in qualifiers... also Wrestling Secretary General allotted one plot for mongolia in women 53kg category...Initially only 2 are being allotted for Asian Qualification Tournament.. If they stand by this... then the number will go down by 1... no of participants will be 120... 

good news is UWW considering extra spot for Babita kumari.. this is true for other events as well where wrestlers tested positive.... but waiting for official confirmation from UWW..
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    allright 
    lets all posters of the forum predict the total medal, and Gold ,silver and Bronze.
    Maybe our admin can send some prizes for guessing the correct.