India in Rio Olympics 2016

Comments

• BadBad 5146 Points
    Guys,hockey team announced.
    S k Uthappa finds a place.He is the new Sumit Passi of Hockey team.
    karenesudhakar2050Nagendramunna219777kartik91
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    Can someone plz share the full team list.
    munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points

Women’s squad: Savita (GK), Navjot Kaur (midfielder), Deep Grace Ekka (defender), Monika (midfielder), Anuradha Devi (forward), Poonam Rani (forward), Vandana Kataria (forward), Deepika (vice-captain and defender), Namita Toppo (defender), Renuka Yadav (midfielder), Sunita Lakra (defender), Sushila Chanu (captain and defender), Rani Rampal (forward), Preeti Dubey (forward), Lilima Minz (midfielder), Nikki Pradhan (forward).

On standby: Rajani Etimarpu & H. Lalruat Feli

Men’s squad: PR Sreejesh (captain and GK), Harmanpreet Singh (defender), Rupinder Pal Singh (defender), Kothajit Singh (defender), Surendar Kumar (defender), Manpreet Singh (midfielder), Sardar Singh (midfielder), VR Raghunath (defender), SK Uthappa (midfielder), Danish Mujtaba (midfielder), Devender Walmiki (midfielder), SV Sunil (forward and vice-captain), Akashdeep Singh (forward), Chinglensana Singh (midfielder), Ramandeep Singh (forward), Nikkin Thimmaiah (forward).

On standby: Pardeep Mor, Vikas Dahiya

samreddevil87
    @Bad ; S K Uthappa made the cut as Birendra Lakra is injured. I am surprised with the absence of Mandeep Singh though. My favorite are Ramandeep, Nikkin and Rupinder Pal singh. These three have the talent to create something special. This is probably last tournament for Sardar Singh.

Disaster in Women's Hockey. Already we are the weakest team at the Olympics. Second Best player and Captain Ritu Rani has been dropped on Disciplinary grounds. That is beyond ridiculous. You do not indulge in such punishments for such an important tournament. Rani Rampal is there but Ritu Rani was very impostant player. I do not have any hope but to finish last for Womens team now.
    reddevil87NagendraBad
  • deepudeepu Somaliya1621 Points
    I had read somewhere that she has been punished for attending her own engagement, wtf! 
    karenesudhakar2050munna219777
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6766 Points
    Who will punish if she goes after taking permission.... that too she is captain and top Indian player...

Seems to be Ritu Rani has some attitude problem.... It is Olympics... and we qualified for olympics after 30+ years...and she is young....Can't see postpone engagement for 2 months :):)

guys... count is 123 .....

as per wiki, Muhammad Anas & Nirmala Sheoran are excluded from 4*400 m Relay team.... and the count increased by 2... 

Seems to be Muhammad Anas & Nirmala Sheoran can participate in relay as well... good  that we are taking 2 extra players... max allowed 6 per each team... now we have 7...
    bitter news : Discus thrower Vika Gowda has suffered a shoulder injury
    deepu
    edited July 2016
    Ritu Rani Marriage/engagement news was recently on media. She is getting married to Punjabi singer Harsh Sharma.

She is hinting at Politics in this interview.
    http://www.rediff.com/sports/report/why-hockey-captain-was-dropped-from-indias-olympics-team/20160712.htm

Even Sardar Singh was dropped from Captaincy and I think that is because of his ex-girlfriend allgations and court cases.

deepu
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7380 Points
    "I have spoken to Gowda's father and he said his son has suffered a minor shoulder injury. I cannot send a doctor to US and assess Gowda's injury. I have to believe in what his father says. His father says it's a minor injury and he should be fine for Olympics. I have to believe in that," said AFI President Adille Sumariwalla at a media briefing.
    munna219777