India in Rio Olympics 2016

Comments

• NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6766 Points
    As Bad (Hemanth) initiated... let me start the discussion with mental strength of Indian athletics and parents choice or preference ...

Indian mental strength will degrade in high pressure situation and big events.... I mean most Indians cannot face big audience, pressure & noisy situations... this is true for many countries... only very few can handle this... also India is mainly lagging because of parents preference.. they doesn't choose sports as profession.. most of them will think about career in studies... which is in-turn minimizing our pool strength irrespective of population...

Parents preference will change only when they feel there are enough opportunities... Life during playing career and after retirement... Myself and my brother are big examples.. we are good in almost all outdoor sports including athletics .. but we never got chance in excelling in sports... pressure from our parents and school as well....

Regarding pressure handling situations:
    We have habit of losing in big events.... this is true for team events or outdoor sports as well
    To name a few : Milkha Singh, P.T.Usha, Anju Bobby George, Karanam Malleswari, Gagan narang, Deepika kumari, Tintu luka and many more examples... we had and have many good players/athletes.. but problem is handling pressure... 
    Cricket is main example...

People might say Karanam Malleswari and Gagan narang won Olympic medals... but they are far superior and could have got atleast silver medals..

Of-course seems to be situation getting better... to name a few ... 4*400 women relay team, achievement in Wrestling,Boxing,Badminton,Shooting,Indian cricket team,Kabaadi... 

Regarding Sports Preference:
    There is boom in Indian cricket.. main reason is 1983 world cup... also people lost interest in hockey as soon as we started loosing our dominance in Olympics and big events...

If we could at-least won one medal in athletics/Archery.. current situation would have been really different... we won olympic medal/medals in Shooting,Wrestling,Boxing,Badminton.. see where are we now...challenging top nations...
    shibierreddevil87Badmunna219777
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    I Agree with some of your points.See, Olympics or any International games are like entrance exam.You don't know what might happen.Everybody who has qualified has equal chance.One bad start,one false start is all it takes.

No one can surely say that they are going to win medals.Even,the likes of  Usain Bolt can't say because one false start and you get disqualified.So,no surety for anyone.

Bro,i didn't  say that 4*400 m men would win a medal definitely.I'll share my list regarding our Medal total at Olympics today/tomorrow.All  I said was this was a good time and perhaps a top 6 time.I mentioned Russian Doping because the List of top 8  countries at 2012 Olympics 4*400m  Men's category had Russian Men's team at 5th position with a better time than India.So,i said most probably they won't be there.

• BadBad 5146 Points
    BROTHER 'S Please share your views with respect to Our Medal Tally at Rio.No one here will  be critical , it's just a fun event and exercise just to keep everyone involved.I t can be wild Guesses too.aJust feel free to participate.
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    3 Golfers qualify for Rio:-
    Anirban Lahiri and Shiv Chauirasia in Men's and Aditi Ashok in Women's Category.
    Nagendra
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    As we speak,Renjith Maheswary has qualified for Rio Olympics in Men's Triple Jump by creating a new National Record of 17:30 metres .The previous Indian Record was 17:17 metres and current Olympics Qualification standard was 16:85metres.
    kartik91sanvedjadhav
    Sure .. I will share complete details tomorrow
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    Brothers,our Athletics team is on fire,i am hearing Dharamvir Singh has also qualified in Men's 200m clocking 20:45 sec creating a New National Record and bettering his own record of 20:66sec.The Olympics standard was 20:50 sec.This is still unconfirmed though.
    munna219777kartik91
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    Our Athletes are qualify in the same way,as our population increases I.e by the second.
    munna219777kartik91
    Thanks for the info.. I'm about to share 200 m news ,, it is confirmed news
    Let me start with 100m , 200m , 400 m & 400m relay 
    women:
    100m, 200m : semifinals 
    400m : finals, slim chances of medal
    4*400m : will share once our qualification confirmed 
    men : 
    100m : not qualified 
    200m : semifinals