Kerala Blasters FC News

Comments

• arunarun kerala114 Points
    @The real AG
    Is there any failed models in our country that have started. We can find ways to rectify things which went wrong for them...
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    Failed models? Bharat FC?
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    Even you want a fan owned club, it will have to be a different club. Certain business man have created kbfc and they are not going to let it go so easy

Create a new club and I you have the resources play in ISL or play in ileague 2 etc....kerala can definely support more than 1national club but I support the general opinion here...first take KFA to task and get a better state level football going....
    arun
  • The problem with fan ownership of the club is in part how long the fans can provide financial support? Each individual will need to provide a set amount of money without any returns for years, and nobody can back out. If someone does back out, the trust needs to run around and find more people to be involved. The financially well off might provide for a while especially if the percentage of share is equally distributed within the fan ownership but as you can imagine, people will lose interest in paying that set amount as time goes on. Even if KB are well run through a fan ownership, there won't be a profit until  quite a while. 

Then there is the issue of expansion; if KB wants to expand, do you go and ask more people for money or do you increase the amount of money you get from the fans? And I haven't even talked about areas like players' salary, officials and managements' salary and any transfer fee/signing on amount for players and management. It would simply be very very expensive and very very difficult to maintain. 

Then there is the issue of how decisions will be made in the ownership. What if big decisions are to be made? These decisions would affect each and everyone of the fans and there will definitely be a lot of discontent and disharmony.If a majority's decisions prevail in such occasions, the rest of the fans will not be happy and may seek legal challenges.

While Real, Barca are the main examples of fan owned clubs, they are among the best in the business and get a huge huge amount of money through sponsorship. If the sponsors stop paying money, Real and Barca's fan owners will struggle to get the club moving forward on a day to day basis never mind all the other issues.

goalkeeparDomnicmunna219777
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Real Madrid and Barcelona, like many successful fan-owned clubs, are historic examples who have managed to maintain it as well recently with help (lets be honest) and decent presidents (off-field).

Kerala Blasters just needs an ownership group that actually cares. JSW Group works with Bengaluru FC, can't we find anything like that for Kerala Blasters? The team and area has so much potential that it really just needs to be managed properly.
    munna219777arun
  • Kerala is a sitting gold mine and I cannot believe none of these big shots have tried and get hold of the Blasters. Potentially, if things are done well from a management perspectives, they could be one of the first clubs to make profits year or year.
    munna219777gopiajeesh
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    Let's revive Viva Kerala as a fan based club.
    Deb_Ban
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    I just read about Infosys... won't happen but I really want them to take over Kerala Blasters! Former CEO is from there damnit!
    Domnic
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10065 Points
    Former President of India KR Narayanan was from Kerala --> Govt of India should take over KBFC.
    ArsenalFan700atuljgEastBengalPridedeepakcmunna219777Soham_De
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    You can't really think like that. Even Adani is building a port in Trivandrum but that doesn't mean they'll invest in a sports team.
    Deb_Ban