Indian Super League Season T Post-Season Thread

Comments

• coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    1) No big stars coming back IMO. We may see younger and better players.
    2) I think the players have good things to say about the accommodations provided. But, about the training facilities. I doubt. Not everyone was happy. Especially the FC Pune city players who came for training and had to go back all wet and soggy without any shower facilities.
    3) No profits in first season. Loss is evident. In the first place, no football team goes in profit unless you are Real Madrid. Its all about the passion. They may break even every season. But, profits are a big no I think. Losses is what they should aim to avoid.
    4) Well, only Kochi has that problem with cricket. Not even DY patil because they don't get that much cricket matches. And I heard Kerala Blasters shifting their base to trivandrum in new stadium. Lets see! 
    munna219777
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Passion... more just savyness.
  • munna219777munna219777 28514 Points
    My concern about CL T20 was about delay in organising ISL like last year and that will push whole Football calendar further including I-League. Probably Star Sports do not want to have a clash of dates for both the tournaments, ISL and CL T20-thats why they delayed ISL last year.Hopefully they will not do that this year, ISL is more successful then CL T20 I hope. Rather delay CL T20!!!
    Pondicherry
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    CL T20 is a stupid tournament which should be scrapped ASAP. If necessary, they should expand the IPL including more teams.
    AKBmohammedirshad
    I can understand the T20 and why it exists but I don't understand how STAR Sports can have more than one channel and still want to delay ISL for T20CL.

I guess it depends on who hosts it as well. India hosted the last edition.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    Star is fearing the viewers share lost coz of multiple tourneys
  • PondicherryPondicherry 341 Points
    They don't want the tournaments held simulationsly, thats why its spread so that they get better viewership. They are clever, afterall it is business.
    It is not really clever at all? I imagine there are some costs that come with starting more channels and if you just fill these channels with the same bloody game then what is the point?

I guess our hope should now be that India does not host the T20 Champions League and that the tournament is held in a country with a different time zone. If it is in South Africa again or Australia then we could have both tournaments with little chance of much overlap.
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    Star has started 2 more HD channels. So, now we have 8 Star Sports. 4HD and 4 non-HD. Should be enough to show both.
    The problem does not seem to be whether it is enough to show both but that if they do show both then the audience for both events would be hampered by both being on at the same time.
This discussion has been closed.