Indian Super League Season T Post-Season Thread

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Eh, your right but you can't really compare the two starts. ISL began with marquee players as well as other players at a level that MLS would barely have back in the late 90s. We also did not have the "festive" vibe that ISL has. MLS was more "Here is some professional soccer we made... so ya... soccer... yay."

Financially we are probably the same. Both leagues seem to have began with a lot of mistakes in terms of how they organized the league, both leagues are ran by idiots (Nita and Doug Logan), and teams that seem unstable already while others seem to be okay.
    shankar
  • PondicherryPondicherry 341 Points
    Ok. Wonderfull interview - Zico. He highlighted some key points. I really liked when he added that "Just awarding the u17 world cup will not change the scenario". Then players who were brought in who cannot walk. I was not surprised, that was expected. Whatever it is I hope that there is improvement when going forward. Now the ISL made a name, hope they can get it better with better foreigners, Indian players, support staff, training pitches, infrastructure, and most importantly youth development. Anyways, I can only see that coming but I don't know how soon.

Going back to Zico, it looks like he wants a job in India, where he would change the culture, into a football one. 
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    What's with all the doom and gloom? ISL made people visit the stadium to see football for the first time. That's something u cannot take it away from them.
    Football is a funny game. 95 percent of clubs don't make a profit let alone break even. But still most clubs don't go unsold if a owner wishes to sell it.
    Frankly comparing this to IPL where you are owner expecting a decent cut is bound to be nonsense.
    If u can't invest go ahead and invest in youth. If u can scout u will get 6-8 youngsters who are looking at a platform to perform With not so much money. Marquee player is over hyped and u can save ur money there.
    I can bet season 2 us gonna be bigger than season 1
    atuljg
  • PondicherryPondicherry 341 Points
    Season 2 might be bigger, but I want to see better players (foreign) being bought and more commitment from the clubs, so that Indian players can improve their game. Our new coach is supporting ISL, I want to see Sunil play ISL and other Indian players from I-league. Maybe we might find some new players who might get a trial in Europe or Brazil.
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    this is why I am saying we need players like eto , drogba , morst pederson , klose , David dunn , Leon best, Luke varney , lampard , Carlos puyol , xavi , David Silva , David arnaud , Paul Robinson (GK)
    archak
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    Puyol has retired and Xavi will retire at Barca and is unlikely to play at any other club.

David Silva seriously?? Or did you mean David Villa?

If Chennaiyin could get an Elano, the other clubs should go after such players than the Trezeguets and del Piero's.
    mohammedirshad
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    If you can bring in a David or Alessandro it should be not as a marquee.... but that would require a pay-cut of over 70% of what they're asking.
    archak
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    ya ya its villa ....you know sometimes printing mistakes happens ...
    ArsenalFan700archak
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    This is why i always fely IPL like 3-4 months league wont work in football...
    in football, the club owners needs to be commited for entire year and not for just 2 months prior and during the league..

Take example of i league side.. during isl they were playing local league while few like mumbai fc started their long term youth programmes... I doubt in current format if any owners would get commited for entire year in near future
    ArsenalFan700
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    Sadly, we don't have the players to fill up a 20 team year long ISL. Once more academies start functioning and more footballers come out of it, we can have the year long ISL.
    AKBmohammedirshad
This discussion has been closed.