The second innings of Stephen Constantine

Comments

• atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    I also don't agree with scheduling ISL during FIFA windows. As for national team camps, I'll any day trust the training under the likes of Taylor, Platt and Materazzi than under Constantine.
    EastBengalPriderudraspartakartik91
  • The ISL scheduling is poor, as no other country will run their league in an international window, and for this AIFF is answerable and there is no side-skirting this issue.

Having said that, SC has no case when he talks about having had no time to prepare because national teams all around the world, whether it is Germany, England or Brazil, will only have 2-3 days to prep for a game.
    deepakcatuljgkartik91
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    National teams like "Germany, England & Brazil" great to see our opinion of our abilities
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    It is mess of NT now. One hand you have SC, a mediocre coach and on other hand you have SPINELESS AIFF who cant setup a proper domestic calendar. Its is AIFF's duty to break the schedule of ISL during international window. 

But we are Birth of football Nation!! Lets (exploit) football!!   
    deepakcDeb_Ban
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    We have the 4th best league in the world now..why stop it?

I was reading comments on goal.com with fans saying we play great football in ISL why not NT plays the same way....with knowledgeable fans like these we deserve this NT
    Deb_Banashindia
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    To be fair, leagues like MLS continue through the international break as well, does not make it right though at all. I would have at least expected ISL to have a "rest day" with no games on days the national team is playing if you want to keep playing during the break but they can't even do the minimum.

@Deepakc Why is it that I see a US national team players regress since coming back to MLS from places like Serie A or the Premier League? Cause in those leagues the players were being challenged to perform better, were under coaches who honestly are probably media friendly but harsh and strict in training, and have better preparation overall. That is the same here with ISL and national team.

You are playing alongside foreign players on a decent pitch with better coaches and backroom staff while in the national set-up you do not get that. Today was probably one of the best games I have seen Mehtab Hossain have (I only watched till the 60th minute) in a long time!
    EastBengalPride
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    Has it become a norm to get players to be in a camp for each official match? i mean which country does that? u do it only if ur matches are in off season to get match fitness.

all ISL teams released players as per fifa regulations and people have problem with that. that shows the understanding of the game of a few folks here.
    ashindia
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    Has it become a norm to get players to be in a camp for each official match? i mean which country does that? u do it only if ur matches are in off season to get match fitness.

all ISL teams released players as per fifa regulations and people have problem with that. that shows the understanding of the game of a few folks here.
    atuljg
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    why should there be a rest day for ISL when the players that SC wanted are released to him 4 days before the match?

they are under no obligation to not play in the same day the NT plays.
    Deb_Ban
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    For the fans? So you can market the match better and have a bigger audience for the national team? Also, I think we need to review the concept of what kind of camp we were talking about here.