The second innings of Stephen Constantine

Comments

• deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    Regarding contract legalities it's an ocean/minefield the way it happens in India now.....lets open a separate discussion thread if ur interested in discussing it
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    AIFF or any national federation doesn't pay the players. It's the clubs /ISL who pay the players even when on national duty. All that the players get is a small allowance.

BCCI on the other hand pays all players upto the district level and gives pensions for the retired players.
    DX
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    LOL, What am I hearing? that players need to be released 20 days in advance to a Fifa Match day so they can conduct camps? It happened because I-league had only 28 matches at the most in a calendar year. So you had the time to conduct camps.

Clubs pay your salary for the contract that you will be playing them for the season, How is it possible for them to release players just because they are conducting a camp for matches to be held 20 days later? Doesnt happen anywhere but India.

Now 20 days gimicks are not possible you slyly blame ISL for the practice which was poor in the first place? Cmon man.
    atuljg
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    edited October 2015
    Constantine had plenty of time to conduct a well planned camp from June to August but he was so busy in Cyprus.
    # sackconstantine #sackleejohnson
    rudra
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10066 Points
    Camp from June through August then play in October ... hmmm ... must be some new coaching theory ...
    karenesudhakar2050deepakcgoalkeeparsamiamEastBengalPride
  • NaujawanNaujawan 1609 Points
    @deepakc It might not be FIFA approved league but it's aFIFA approved tournament
  • I have no problems discussing such issues. Maybe we could open a thread and call it the "Bollocks thread" :P

While you are right regarding the release of players for this particular match day, my point is aimed at how it could be in the future, when India will have a AFC approved (not FIFA) league in palce. FIFA has jurisdiction some areas such as setting rules as the release of players for match days etc. But if India will have a new league, its status will come from AFC, not FIFA. Just like how UEFA, not FIFA, are the governing body in Europe for league footy.

And you have still not answered how you think it will be feasible to conduct such elaborate camps. The fact of the matter is, you can put these players in a year long camp with SC and we will not see any discernible change in long term results. The leagues for sure needs to be better structured, and it will inevitably be structured soon or AFC will have to get involved (with the new FIFA president potentially being an Asian).
    deepakc
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    Well said @TherealAG complete agree on all points.
    samiam
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10481 Points
    That Central contract comment by @deepakc made me ROFL

Every club in the world releases player only few days before the match
    even The Oman and TURKEMNISTAN pLayers would have joined there club on same way as Indians

• deepudeepu Somaliya1621 Points
    Fucking aiff just need fucking divisions of fucking leagues at different fucking age levels to get our fucked Indian football on track
    atuljg