I-League Vs ISL

Comments

• DXDX 4074 Points
    @munna ISL need not have an office nor do the franchises as they arent a federation.
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    edited July 2015
    @ArsenalFan700 BCCI headquarter used to be at Brabourne Stadium. As power moved from Cricket Club of India owned Brabourne Stadium to Mumbai Cricket Association people in BCCI, it was imperative that they moved headquarter to MCA owned Wankhede Stadium. Plus more space there.
    After 1982 Asian Games, lot of office space was created due to management of the games and they were given to different associations. AIFF was at JLN stadium from 1982 until few years back when they moved to Dwarka House.

@DX That interview of Das is full of errors.I wonder what the agenda of Journalist is.I guess he must be ISL stooge. ISL cannot improve Indian Football NT because PIO are not allowed by Indian Govt. So it is Govt. Fault. this suggestion that there was no office is utter lie and ludicrous.
    This was the address with post code and phone number
    All India Football Federation
    Gate 28, Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, New Delhi - 110003
    Tel: 4621192, 288484
    spartareddevil87Deb_Ban
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    confused where this debate is going :)
    spartamunna219777
  • nikhilnikhil blru548 Points
    this thread is becoming a troll thread..

I do agree that ISL in its current form would't contribute much to national team development but then on introspecting the contibution of I-league, it is ZILCH...I League is re branded NFL  with no fundamental change in the character and any particular vision. It was a recipe for disaster. I don't expect any revolutionary changes or any impetus from the AIFF chuts , expect the I-league to disband or rebrand.

One has to wait a couple of seasons or more to analyze whether ISL is a success or failure. Whatever the intentions of IMG-reliance may be, ISL did certainly grabbed eyeballs especially among the masses. Considering the current state of the football affairs in the country every bit of publicity helps.

as per the website this is where the isl headquarters is located

Address:

IMG Reliance

608, Western Express Highway

Service Road, Bnra [E]

Mumbai 400051

[email protected]

DX
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    For me, based on what is happening in the ISL, if IMG-Reliance can one day turn the league from a 3 month league to a 6-8 month one with games played on weekends and mid-weeks then I will fully accept that it is legit.

Right now the I-League is saving Indian football as after the ISL, the I-League is there to complete the season but this can not continue forever. ISL clubs also need to eventually get into Asian competition.

They need to prove that they're a legit football league. I am willing to wait a few years.
    nikhilmunna219777atuljg
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    fact is you wont get the kind of players attracted right now if its a 6 months. it will have to make do with 3-4 months.

btw people dont realise the fact that popularity of ISL will rub onto to I-league. some players might want to stay back if the price is right (albeit hiked in wages but still open to offers) like ur fikrus and mendy. vice versa better quality players may join I-league with the hope of getting into ISL.

we had one guy stick with sporting club (dont remember his name) post ISL.

so its a domino effect to improve popularity and quality of I-league generally. so india needs ISL.
  • nikhilnikhil blru548 Points
    ISL if expanded as it is will mate the same fate of I league. It needs to make inroads &  create a sustainable market in the cities like Mumbai, Chennai & Delhi  before any change.

Also the primary target of ISL also include the audience who are into European league them majority of whom doesn't have an iota of knowledge about Indian football and expect the League on the same speed & entertaining as European ones , from a market analysis and research point of view it is imperative to implement the current methodology of conductance.

Once the brand is established , the League can expanded satisfying the AFC/FIFA criteria.

Miguel Garcia did it and honestly I do not buy that the quality will really go down if the league is expanded. Ya, it would be tougher as the salaries demanded would be higher but one can work around it.

The salary cap for the ISL is Rs. 20 crore which if my math is correct is above $3,000,000 USD which should be enough to bring in some quality players, especially as the league grows and hopefully more sponsorships come in to increase the salary cap.

I agree with @nikhil that we should keep the current format to keep the current target audience interested but as the years go we should slowly and gradually go into a more proper format. This can be done with every expansion team.
  • souravindiasouravindia 3662 Points

@Dx

"fact is you wont get the kind of players attracted right now if its a 6 months. it will have to make do with 3-4 months."

A little introspect and its not hard to believe that this assumption is entirely wrong. Any decent player in the World who is still is business will never opt for a 3-4 months league, no matter how much money it delves. On the other hand, a full season with a pro- team in a pro-league is what any player, still playing football and having it in him to survive, will opt for.

The likes you will get in a 3-4 months league are ones who is probably a season or 2 behind retirement or a young star probably coming from the ranks of a MOU with some club.

Any decent European player still thinking of playing for next 4-5 seasons will opt for MLS much more than ISL.

If you are thinking otherwise I guess you are day dreaming.

Also frankly people are not giving it a thought -- how many Indian players will be warming the bench or even outside any team of competitive football?? How are they going to retain or even regain their match fitness being out of football for so long.

I_leauge itself gives limited options for no of Indian players. Now with (5X8=40 players playing regularly in the ISL, what about other players proabbaly getting fringe chances in the tournament?

For me with the way both I-League and ISL  is going on , it is further detrimental to Indian football, unless some proper sense prevails.

BTW- ISL proabably has done enough for YOUTH development considering it is just a Year Old. & I hope to see much more going forward. In this regards, they have started the journey with the right step. Just need to pass the hurdle one by one.

munna219777
    Some players can be convinced currently that they can play ISL for now and that since it ends in December they can move to another league in January when clubs are looking for new players.