2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier: Guam vs. India | 16 June 2015

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Secondly, the only thing Guam would be better at than us from having guys from the US is their fitness... esspecially since they have come from the college level where fitness is focused over technical ability.
  • wekaweka Alabama, United States245 Points
    Just watched a replay of this match at work. Got back on just to express my extreme disbelief and dissapointment.

Wow.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points

Its time we stop talking about style of play... our team has always lacked defensive organization... I say we get an Italian/greek  for the job who already is known for getting results ... As pointed by @gaffertape our attackers are not known to defend well..

We need a formation which works well in every front like 4-3-3

GK

LB-CB-CB-RB

-DM-DM-

-CM-

LW----RW

-FW-

This formation would easily suit the present squad where lyndoh could take the center mid spot with robin taken out for place of another def mid ...

This formation would mean we could lessen the need of our attacking players to defend and we get two ball-winning mids working deep who shall feed lyndoh to start the attack.... possibly all we needed was one change in the way of may be ganesh in place of robin... we could have 4 of 6 points in place of zero points

Mithil Galiatuljgfoxgaffertape
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29289 Points
    Constantine should play Robin as Center Back.
    Mithil Galiatuljgfoxkuldeep007
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    now dont say we need an italian/greek to do the job. some say we need dutch style, we need passing style, we need british style. and all we do is suck big time. nationality of coach wont matter, a dutch passing coach may turn out to be Eelco, a brit can turn out to be Westwood.
    Naujawan
  • CybertronCybertron 402 Points
    We should ask our players what they could have done to win this Guam match. Is it because of lack of preparation? Or should I say I-league is way behind MLS?
    samiam
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Well, first off, the I-League is way behind MLS... MLS would be the second best league in Asia behind Japan.

Secondly, does not matter who we bring in. I am now convinced that the selection process is more tainted than it has ever been and that we will be forced to deal with players who are given "favors" forever now. The national team can't get a sponsor, the AIFF are useless... this is a disaster already and we have barely even begun! 

I won't give up yet but these last two games have said a lot about where Indian football is currently... actually, no, the squad selection tells us a lot.
    deepakc
  • CybertronCybertron 402 Points
    Since India has lost to a tiny pacific nation I wonder why there was no official comment from AIFF? Don't they know this is a national disgrace? 

Oh! I get it. They were busy with party and social functions etc. AIFF is a waste of Indian taxpayer's money and also funds earned from ISL. This is a very serious issue. I think people in India may stop watching Indian football and start watching EPL and Spanish La Liga instead.
  • munna219777munna219777 28514 Points
    Our calendar has become too busy. Two Leagues plus hardly any Friendly games or time for national team players to Rest, Recover has exposed us. Now I think that there will be some rest for the players 8th September is next International game against Iran. ISL Nautanki is from October.
    Hopefully our players will recover and come back with fresh ideas and confidence after 2 months rest atleast.

Coach Stephen Constantine strategy has failed so far. 1 win in 4 games. When he was appointed Coach of India, he wasted valuable time in sorting visa issues, going to UK again and again and also family visits to Cyprus. That is not that Professional. Also his choice of scouts or Assistant coach like Venkatesh or Avishek Yadav was not the best. Venkatesh pushed so many BFC players like Rino Anto, C K Vineeth in the National Team? Abishek Yadav quota was of Sanjiban Ghosh? In order to save his job, stephen Constantine may resort to praising ISL and its promoters.
    Screw Foreign Coach. Get Indian Coach and give him freedom to choose squad. we cant go more down then this.
    gaffertapegoalkeeparshankarkuldeep007
  • AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    The very approach to the Pre-WC Qualifiers by AIFF was totally wrong. This is a serious tournament and we should have atleast a month's preparation along with atleast 2/3/4 friendlies against reasonable opponents. Sure.... after finishing I-League on 31st. of May there was no time for all these.
    Now, my point is why I-League was stretched till 31st. of May ? The answer is known to all of us.  We are gradually doing away with various domestic tournaments from where Indian players used to emerge. Federation Cup became a 15 day tournament before it is killed, Rovers Cup was discontinued long back, Durand Cup became a 6-8 team tournament which no body want to coduct, IFA Shield is now a joke, Stafford Cup & Sait Nagjee were discontinued long back. Local leagues are to be squezzed within such a time frame that teams are to play something like 5 matches in 12-13 days.
    Roping in IMG-R was great for Indian Football or rather AIFF,    but has that improved Indian Football even slightly ? When the I-League was being played our Coache was sitting at home in Cyprus. He was helped (???) in selection of the team by some guys whose credibility should now be seriously questioned. Don't under stand why CK Vineeth played as a left half, Lingdoh as a central medio, Dhanachandra as a central defender. Robin Singh's utility or lack of it is seen by all except those who matter. We have not only lost to Guam.... but were thoroughly outplayed...... that pains me. All the nations are atleast achieving something sometimes except our nation. Last 4 matches..... we won 2-0 v Nepal at home, drew 0-0 away, lost 1-2 to Oman at home & lost 1-2 to Guam away. If theses results do not make our AIFF rascals ashamed or the coaching staff ashamed then bye...bye competitive football in India. Let us concentrate on a 3 m long "tamasha"  and discontinue I-League, Local leagues and other tournaments so that players are fresh for a 3m long tamasha. Even if we remain as the laughing stock of Football fraternity..... who cares. AIFF Officials and IMG-R should be happy and look at their Bank statements with glee. But as every good or bad things do end finally, I pray that these rascals who are killing Indian Football be caught just like those FIFA officials so that we can start afresh and look towards a better future. I'm (to say the least) not sorry... I'm devastated, but can't do anything against these rascals.   
    ArsenalFan700namewtheldDeb_Banmunna219777goalkeeparkuldeep007