2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier: Guam vs. India | 16 June 2015

Comments

• CybertronCybertron 402 Points
    edited June 2015
    @shibier Those who have served as technical director of Indian football would secretly tell you that AIFF is a corrupt federation (far more corrupt than FIFA) who are only interested in filling up their Swiss bank accounts. That is why I think Robert Baan lost faith in Indian football.

I mean come on India is a huge nation with lot of football talent and we were beaten by a tiny island called Guam. Is it because Guam players play in MLS (and not in Guam amateur leagues)? I think India's technical committee should learn from Guam or they should do something about I-league. I hope this answers all your answers.
  • shibiershibier 2997 Points
    edited June 2015
    @Cyberton .I am not against your ideas...  I read your messages with much interests. I like your enthusiasm .. and Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.

• dhritiman7dhritiman7 4030 Points
    20 years back I was like @Cyberton.
    souravindia
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10481 Points
    I cried today

Hope India win next match
    They always make us sad
    shibier
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29700 Points
    This is the perfect time to Chutistine and make Kalid Jamil the Head Coach. as we are already out of Asia cup we should call up all deserving players. Brandon, romeo,Houkip,balwant etc start with gurpreeth its time for experiment man. Indian dream of Asia cup is all ready over now. we will be lucky if we Finnish 4th in the group.
    AKBmunna219777
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10481 Points
    Khalid Jamil atleast we can draw
    AKBgoalkeeparmunna219777
  • SoccerloverSoccerlover 3434 Points
    With Steven at the helm of affairs, this is at best we can expect!
    AKB
  • dhungel35dhungel35 444 Points
    I feel poor results are direct reflection of India's preparation and not the selected players or the personnel ....all the other nations played atleast 1 or 2 friendlies before the qualifiers and had a set team , whereas India assembled players a few days before the qualifiers and most of them had not played together as a group before....and rather than having sessions on the football field working on combinations we had Army Camp. Since the next game has a long gap , Good preparation  + playing friendlies should improve our performance over the next round of matches.
    AKBjees_joseRonny
  • jees_josejees_jose 210 Points
    Even the Guam coach said he used mostly american based players. 75% of their eleven was USL (america 3rd tier) standard. In an away game what else can we expect?? We also did not have good preparation or guys with experience. Brandon , Romeo etc will  slowly become part of the system. Let them prove they are worth it through proper channel. There is no point in bashing the coach after two narrow defeats against decent oppositions. Some of Guams' resuls in recent times.

Guam 2 Singapore 2
    Guam 0 Hongkong 0
    Guam 2  Aruba 2
    Guam 2 Chinese Taipei 1

Manjusamiamgoalkeeparmmj.matt
  • ManjuManju Mysore34 Points
    Constantine says Footballing Intelligence was lacking! ok IQ problem, we have to loose our EQ here.