INDIA vs IRAN World Cup Qualifier LIVE | 8 September 2015

Comments

• goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29264 Points
    "Salary" is the main problem in Indian players movement.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    You need be skeptical about those offers.
  • The real AGThe real AG 3324 Points
    edited September 2015
    @rudra - of course! You never are sure if they will go through, bu trials are just there for that purpose, to impress the teams. I think Gurpreet was recommended to Staebek, and he initially went on a trial before impressing them. These teams will be looking for squad players too, and Jhingan certainly has a shot IMO. If you get in as a squad player, as an outfield player, there will be more chances to play than Gurpreet has got. Money-wise, he may need to take a wage cut.

Now that he has signed a 2-year deal with Kerala Blasters, I think it will be difficult to move since he is scheduled to play the 2016 ISL too, and I don't know if clubs in Europe will give a 6-month contract or a loan from Kerala for Jhingan.
    arun
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    Indian need to train in African countries like ghana i prefer
    arundeepakcDeb_Ban
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    *cough* United States *cough*

Maybe the new Canadian league when that starts could be an option but that won't really pay super well but it would probably still better than staying in India and there is a good South Asian population in Canada.
  • The Scandinavian leagues are a better bet. The work VISAs are relatively easier to get there I think, and it is a good step up from ISL and certainly a huge step up from the I-League, and it is probably a step that the best Indian players can make with a little luck along application. It also opens opportunities for other Indians if one or two do well; Germany with Japanese/South Korean players is an example. Of course, all of this is hypothetical, but if Jhingan is serious about going abroad, he may need better representation than Baljit Rihal. 
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6501 Points
    only problem is salary... or else Indian players would have tried in middle or lower european leagues..
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Unless you are a big time player than salary should not be that huge of an issue.
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    if he dives to stick his head out to push the ball a few yards away he would never be playing in europe.

i mean what if that iranian player follows up with his foot to make contact with his head? the least is a concussion and the most is spinal injury.

that was funny though to watch.
    munna219777arun
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    those kind of moments happen once a while in big matches. You won't be seeing him doing that in league games. Look at subrata paul in asian cup and in i league
    goalkeeparThe real AGarun
This discussion has been closed.