I-League 2015-16 | General Discussions

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Shit... gaffer is out of the country... this can only mean one thing... DONT KILL ME!!! IM SORRY!
    archak
  • footydipfootydip Ranaghat, Nadia, West Bengal2722 Points
    no. but some hints. some hopeful statement about possible future merger. some way out of this sad state. but there is absolutely nothing. I fear that aiff is completely clue less about the situation, and only will act as a puppet of IMG in near future. they will take no time to forget their statement/ promise / temporary eye wash then [Mr. Patel stressed that the Hero I-League stays the “primary League of the Country.”]. It is my only concern. Also no announcement about marquee. so can we assume that previous ( new stricter one ) criterion will be staying.
  • archakarchak 2082 Points

pic from today's meeting. pc AIFF Media

Any comments?
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9957 Points
    Bomb blast in AIFF- Clubs meeting!!

Clubs demand share of TV revenue. Worldwide all clubs are financed by TV Revenue. None in I-league. Fantastic publicity of PKL, ISL, HIL but IMG-R does nothing for I-league. If I-league is the prime football league, then why nothing has been done to raise its prfile? Publicity of the league is Fed's responsibility, clubs will help in that.

Faced with such outrage, Fed Officials kept mum. They admitted, after ISL came, they have no plans for I-league. Sunando Dhar (who has attended an workshop in Singapore recently) even tried to bribe the club officials with a foreign trip, presumably to study firsthand how this is done abroad.

It was decided in the 2 hour long meeting that a technical and a marketing committee will be formed by the clubs' representatives and they will sit with IMG-R after a month.

ArsenalFan700munna219777
    You know, @Deb_Ban, this is how the NBA-ABA merger proposals began ;)

But seriously, with TV Revenue. The ISL teams also don't get a cut of the money, or barely. I find that really baffling in India.
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9957 Points
    ISL teams won't get any TV revenue: Ambanis and STAR are the owners, they won't part with it. It is their loot. And it is a private league, mind it. You think the clubs are losing Rs 30 crores a season just for it? The way I see it, the clubs will keep on making losses, but their value will increase as long term prospect.

More than share of TV revenue, what is bothering me the admission of AIFF that after ISL came into the picture, they don't have any planning for I-league. Then why run it?

And they will be too naive to trust IMG-R to raise the profile of I-league, a competitor of ISL.
    ArsenalFan700reddevil87coolgaganAKBsparta
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Patel and his two crooks must leave AIFF. Needs a total management revamp and a big legal tussle with IMGR to chuck them away.
    Deb_BanAKB
    I can understand the crooks going... would be great. Need to get rid of the old guard but also, what would be the reason (legal reason) to go at IMG-R?

Also, what after? Before everyone hated IMG-Reliance, we all hated the I-League clubs and their officials. Hell, it was only last year that a lot of us were calling Bengaluru FC the next Pune and how it would only be a matter of time till they stop caring and that their fans will dry up etc.