OMAN VS INDIA World Cup Qualifier | 13th October 2015

Comments

• dhalidhali Kolkata58 Points
    will the change of NT coach will solve the all problems?
  • @deepakc - I think there is little we can do to encourage the players to try their luck outside. If immediate football development and personal growth as a footballer is the aim, then our "best bets" would surely push for moves abroad? We saw Romeo try his luck and come unstuck and I won't be surprised if there is interest in one or two players after this season too. But I get the feeling money could well be factor too, and that will hold them down to the ISL.

I think we have floated away from the topic in discussion.
    deepakc
  • Apologies for repeated posts, but edit button and all the other features like like, dislike, LOL button etc doesn't work for some reason.

I think a good coach would not shy away from playing the more talented players. Experienced players may give you a shift but there is little that can be done to educate the more senior players about tactical side of the game, and from listening to coaches at ISL, they all seem surprised that technically Indian players seem half decent. Where they feel our players lack in is tactically, and that basic tactics such as staying with a runner etc are second nature for players bought up in England or Germany. It is pointless trying to teach those tactical play to Bikash fucking Jairu and Francis Fernandes, decent players they maybe, it is a useless exercise. With younger players, who are not so set or ingrained in a way, you have more chance of drumming in those tactical inputs, and that is why I would prefer to see us try Jhingan, Romeo, Mandar, Brandon etc. b

Besides, if you are talented enough, age should not be a barrier to hold them back, and sooner they start in the national team, the better chance we have of them learning and taking this NT forward.
    gaffertapeArsenalFan700Deb_Bankartik91atuljg
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Agree in principle but please don't include Mandar and Romeo in the same breath as Jhinghan .......
    Brandon is in the fence still

Mandar and Romeo won't start regularly for most I-League clubs....they won't make the i-league best XI
    Neither has the strength physically to cope with International football...and neither are yet to prove consistent over a prolonged season ( 20+ games ...i know we don't have one anymore )
    Neither of these 2 nore Brandon understand the words " transition to defence" nor can any of them defend properly.

Jhinghan too is injury prone and his fitness is very suspect.

Pinning hopes of the National team on guys who are not certainties for their Club team and have major injury / fitness concerns is a bad idea.
    They should join some teams that are challenging for the title or playing AFC rather than being the big fish in relegation threatened teams
    deepakcEastBengalPrideDeb_Ban
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    A lot of these problems could have been avoided with proper youth systems. Of course that is just stating the obvious.
    Deb_Ban
  • @gaffertape - I would have agreed with your post if my "Like button" was working.

I completely agree with you that physically the likes of Mandar, Romeo, Brandon and Jhingan (injuries) are not ready as say Thoi Singh or Arnab Mondal are. But we will get little from them if you don't push them forward even if they are not ready. If we wait around hoping for them to get ready, we might just see them flailing away like many others before. Additionally, I feel we have no viable alternative to the likes of Mandar, Brandon etc as I am sure you will be in agreement that the likes of Jairu, Francis, Anwar etc are just not the way forward.

I agree again when you say that they need to establish themselves in teams that challenge for trophies in league football and plays in AFC but there are little options there now for that in India bar 1 or 2 clubs. The next natural thing is to leave Indian football and try their luck elsewhere which will be a more stronger education for them but will they leave their comforts in India and the money here?

I think they need to be included as "squad players" over the likes of Jairu, Francis etc and be slowly introduced.
    goalkeepar
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    Actually, I have not seen any young player within a age bracket of 20-23 years to be playing consisting in any I-league team. So with the logic of them being taken to NT setup after they solidify their position in I-league team becomes near to impossible. Instead, I feel they should add one (I-league) experienced player and one young player (if possible) in the NT. So depending upon the opponent and game status, we can play the young player and develop them in future maybe in 1-2 years time.
  • See this score line hong kong1-0 bhutan.....if india played with hong kong they would have defeated us 3-0.....its shows how pathetic is our national team and idiot coach contantine......contantine is long ball master....india cant improve under constantine.....now better option is ashly or trevor morgan or roberto carlos
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    I agree who better than Roberto...if we are going to be clowns of Asian football might as well have a proper leader...lets also hv anelka as asst.coach
    gaffertape
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    Subrata pal as goalkeeping coach