Indian Super League Post-Season 2 Thread

Comments

• atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    No to U19/U23. 

It's not something that you'd do at the top division but is possible at state leagues. 
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Isn't the next episode like 10 months away? What's the purpose of this thread right now?
    Deb_Banmunna219777
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    The purpose of this thread is to discuss the aftermath of the league, post news pertaining to after the final and stuff... this after the mess people created in the 2015 ISL thread. Don't like this thread? Don't post.
  • SOme un-realistic names on the wish-list there @ArsenalFan700 - Adenayor is still being paid 100K a week by Spurs which is just over Rs. 1 crore per week. You think he will lower his demands to play for an ISL club? He will likely have clubs from middle-east, MLS and perhaps China calling him.

Lucas Toni is well loved in Italy and is still remarkably doing well in the Seria A, and it will be a struggle to take him away from there. Van der Vaart is a good bet but he is a bit of a pussy and has in the past rejected offers because his partner didn't want to come to a new place, and yes, she is the high maintenance type. There is absolutely no chance of Sneijder, who will go back to Holland if someone offers him a decent salary.

Ronaldinho is fat, and was a party animal then and is a party animal now; he will not be able to run (if he wakes up after a night out) within the cramped schedule in ISL. Peter Crouch will have plenty of Championship and perhaps one or two PL clubs interested in him at good money, and why will he leave that? By the way, what a splendid guy Crouchy is, as nice and funny as one celebrity can be I guess. Kranjcar is a dick but he is a possibility I guess.

I am not suggesting anything here, but Kolo Toure is out of contract in the summer and Liverpool will not be offering him a new contract. He has injury issues but is still pretty quick for an old guy and can play in midfield too, and is a funny guy who likes to try out new stuff, so if a good offer is made, he will come and he will be a big hit due to his character as well. 
    edited December 2015
    Oh come on mate. Adebayor will never come to MLS and if the rumors of Sheffield Wednesday are true then the guy will lower is demands.

You literally just made out that none of these guys are realistic for potty reasons. It is like when people said Giovinco would never come to MLS... in fact they were adamant it would not happen but look at that!

Luca Toni is loved in Serie A the same way every marquee India has had is loved in there country, does not mean he won't come if the right offer came. He will be 39 next season and is still doing decent in Serie A this season but nothing like last season and many Serie A fans have already said they would not be surprised to see him move on. VDV won't come cause of his wife? Guy has been on the move for the last few seasons in different countries and we already have guys who come to India for the 2-3 months and return to their families later. I don't think she would be a problem at all mate.

Crouch will have offers but so did pretty much every marquee we have. Just because bloody Leeds United might become interested does not mean he will be impossible.

Kolo Toure is a nice shout and someone I can see coming to India.
    I'll admit, they are a stretch but they are not un-realistic. In this day and age you have to compete with MLS, the Middle East, China, and A-League for marquees and with our format it puts us at a disadvantage so don't expect the Rooney's, Falcaos, or Torres type guys in the future (unless ATM has anything to say) but guys like Toni I can see but it would be hard.
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    how about landon donavan
  • I didn't say Van der Vaart wouldn't come! I just said he has rejected moves in the past because his wife didn't want to move to that country. I have no idea what Toni thinks but he has plenty of admirers in Italy and is still doing well in the Seria A, hence the reasoning that it will be "difficult" to persuade him to come. Adebayor, Sneijder and Crouch are all un-realistic and, whichever way you look at it. Rumours of Sheffield Wednesday were for a loan and he rejected their offer, which means money would still have been paid by Spurs, or atleast a large portion would have been if he moved. Unless a strong English manager or a manager Crouch has worked with comes to India, I don't see him moving here when he will have chances to play there.

I agree that you need to set high standards and push up against the the likes of MLS, but let's not forget where the ISL is when compared to the MLS; it won't happen overnight.