Indian Super League Post-Season 2 Thread

Comments

• atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    The sooner we can dispose of this marquee rule, the happier I'll be.  I really don't want ISL to turn into a retirement league for finished players.  

Once Pune, Mumbai and Delhi gets a stable base, this rule must go. The ISL clubs should then scout South America, Africa and non British European countries for talented players. 

I'll be happier if ISL can help players like Mendoza get a career instead of  providing a last heavy pay check to Del Piero's 
    Deb_Bankartik91
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7111 Points
    Atleast for the next two years ,marquees will be a necessity 
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7111 Points
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/35170416
    Acc to this article Dagnall is still on contract with KBFC
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Marquee rule will be here whether you like it or not... and who cares if we are turned into a retirement league? I am still dealing with that in MLS from Europeans and I don't care, that actually do help, on and off the field raise the profile of the teams, not just in fanbase.

@The_Real_AG Sorry then if I came off as harsh in my last posts, just came from /r/soccer in reddit and that place can get to a man. I mean, Toni has already played in the UAE so he is no stranger to even leaving the continent, even if it was for half a season. Personally, I see him only coming if Chennaiyin FC want him and that to only if Marco Materazzi or someone else he is friends with is at the team. MLS won't want him, China probably won't either and the A-League is honestly a mess right now and clubs like Western Sydney, Victory, or City won't want him.

Adebayor I still don't see as a unrealistic signing. His wages are big but he can be brought down if he is nowhere by August. This is a 2-3 month league and it is not as if we have no money to throw. My problem with him is less the money but more attitude then anything else though.

Agree on Crouch and I only brought up Sneijder cause his name was in the article. 
    Weird that the Hibs website just mentions a short-term deal and not a loan. Either way, Kerala Blasters would be stupid to not retain him and German. Watt can go.
  • @ArsenalFan700 - Now worries. I have been on enough football forums to know the varied opinions is what keeps the forums going, and I didn't think you were harsh (or rude).

I can see Toni coming if a strong Italian influence can persuade him, and his physical presence would be useful for Chennaiyin though he is as slow as a snail. Adebayor, I still say is not feasible because he is one of those guys who prides on playing for "big clubs" and perhaps in big leagues. You are right that he is a total dick and ideally you wouldn't want him anywhere near the dressing room as he is a known trouble maker (think Anelka times some more). 
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    only one more isl .... after that India unified league with 12-14 teams .. FIFA/AFC putting huge pressure on AIFF 
    munna219777shankaratuljgMaddiedeepuBrainFallINDIAreddevil87shibierdeepakcsanvedand 5 others.
    Okay... cool. I most likely see 10 teams but alright.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    12 shouldn't be too difficult but 14 with diversity could be tough I guess
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    The biggest hurdle is AFC criteria on stadiums!