Indian Football Transfer News 2016-17, Rumours, Gossips, Signings, ISL 2016

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10066 Points
    Good hunt, @lokeshchandaindia.

I didn't know FIFA nod to ISL had a unification clause. I also did not know that A-league was in such a mess (@arsenalfan700 always suppressed facts ;) ).

I liked the analysis part. I don't think anybody attempted that, at least in public realm.
    ArsenalFan700
    Nice article btw. Obviously written by someone who hates the proposal and the fact that his Goan clubs are being shafted but makes some good points. His A-League stuff is horrendously way off the mark though and just proves he is nit picking to fit whatever his agenda is.

Can't argue with the first part. Those were some good players, Vasco were a decent team back then, fanfare decent as well. Not sure about commentary and stuff as I was not following then but I heard it was good as well. Foreigners, ehhh, still the usual Brazilians and Nigerians.

Next part is cool. Not sure where he got the information that we had to merge the ISL and I-League in 4 years but good on FIFA then. Third part is fair but come on, everyone knew it was not going to be a full merger and even when a business company merges or even in football when clubs merge, not everything from the previous 2 groups go together. To expect that here is odd.

He is right on the bad progress from 2012 to 2016 but I put that all on the AIFF and also before 2012, in 2011. Firing Bob Houghton was always stupid. Our performance was never going to be good at the AFC Asian Cup but that should have been the first step to build on but the AIFF never saw it that way. And fine, fire him, but at least replace him with someone good! They couldn't! We got Armando Colaco in which we looked good but he was not given the full reigns and then we had fucking Savio Mederia for 2 fucking years! And the result is we fail out of the Challenge Cup, losing to Tajikistan!

Wim Koevermans then comes in and gives some light, a Nehru Cup victory over the likes of Syria and Cameroon B, but we never took that chance to build! We barely scraped the SAFF Cup, deservedly losing to Afghanistan in the final, and we failed to qualify for the Challenge Cup because of a loss to Myanmar! And all this is before the start of the ISL, when the I-League was a league that began in October and went to May.

The next bad step from the AIFF was bringing in Stephan Constantine again and then the decision of IMG-Reliance to start the ISL without dealing with the I-League first. The I-League should have been resolved first, whether you make it better or dissolve, that should have been done first. Instead they went full cricket mode and this is the result and 100% blame should be on IMG-Reliance.

The A-League part now is where this guy gets fucked. First, it started in 2005, not 2004. The Knights meanwhile failed due to the horrendous location of the North Harbor Stadium and poor performance affecting attendance. The league was still in early stages so relied on attendance more than TV. The team were then quickly replaced by the Wellington Phoenix. If A-League in New Zealand was really bad, why did the FFA start another team there straight away? North Queensland failed since they were too quick to create a team, the owner failed to market properly, and the stadium location. And Gold Coast was folded internally by Clive Parmer, not because of bad attendances, not because of bad finances, just a crazy owner who wanted power.

Since then the league have had the Western Sydney Wanderers come up who have been a massive success. They won the bloody AFC Champions League and have one of the best fanbases in Australia and are funding part of their stadium renovation! They may not have profits but they are still spending and that is positive! Melbourne City were bought by City Football Group! They would never invest in Australia if they did not think it was a good financial bet! 

Also this guy says that the Newcastle Jets are under the ownership of the FFA when last month they were bought by Chinese businessman Martin Lee!
    munna219777red_devilgoalkeeparDXAshishKaulgopiajeeshCarbon_14kartik91spartaSoccerlover
  • red_devilred_devil kolkata2468 Points
    Those who are thinking that A league is a failure because they are not making profits, should read this.

"Investing in a professional football club is largely an investment of passion rather than one of financial return and all incoming investors to the A-League need to understand this," Barlow said. Scott Barlow is the Chairman of Sydney FC.
    A 12-team competition is being pitched to broadcasters for 2017 which could double fundings provided to clubs, giving them an annual cheque of more than $5 million. It will not just trim losses but provide profits for some while catering for extended talent production that will give the league even more legitimacy. 

Its not only A league. Majority football leagues are heamorrhaging money. Owning football team for majority owners isnt mere business, its more about passion, power and  status.  The Chinese investors are going bonkers over owning football teams in every country. 

Just mentioning a few leagues which are in big mess as well. 

English Championship :  http://www.insidermedia.com/insider/national/146216-championship-club-club

Even the EPL isnt a happy place for many clubs. 

Serie A : http://www.gazzettaworld.com/list/serie-a-finances-worrying-picture/

ArsenalFan700DXkartik91
    @Deb_Ban Ya, totally. Do you follow the A-League? Cause whoever this writer is certainly doesn't. The league is not in a mess. FFS, they just had a Champions League winner, the FFA Cup has proven to be a success, new teams are expected within the next few years, and player development is getting a lot better.

But of course, believe this guy cause he just says what you want to hear.
    red_devilAshishKaul
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29707 Points
    for some reason I can't open that link
    So your response to me are two articles which address mainly one club and which were both written last year? You are also not the first person on this forum to post the first article here. Also, just like with the author of this article and journalists from around the world who can contain a bias, Shaun Mooney is one of them. He is a stark critic of the A-League system but he is wrong when he says that many disagree with the franchise system... kind of odd to believe when every league in that country is under a franchise system.

Also since those articles came out, again, Newcastle Jets have been bought out my Martin Lee and are now set on changing the path of their team. This has now allowed the FFA to focus their attention on the Brisbane Roar. Recently they have started to put their energy towards the Roar and now they have a new managing director who in just a few days has done more than their previous one did in a few months.

Also if you are going to use an article to debunk the A-League then use something recent like one that came out, I don't know, TODAY. And honestly if you actually took the time to look into the situation you would see that this is not a problem with the franchise system but just an internal problem with the Roar. Their owners are shitheads who could care less now and their managing director had no idea what he was doing. Sadly there is no quick fix to this as they have not actually failed any licensing agreements with the FFA.

This is actually no different than what is happening with Hull City in the Premier League. That team started the season last week with only 13 players and no permanent manager!
    red_devil
    Also that article has been taken off the Zee Sports website.
    munna219777
  • red_devilred_devil kolkata2468 Points
    This is what noone understands. Even when some clubs are struggling financially. there is a host of new investors who are willing to go all out to buy that club. Brisbane is being approached by some Australian investors who wants to completely takeover Brisbane Roar.

http://www.espn.in/football/australian-a-league/story/2932201/australian-consortium-keen-on-buying-over-a-league-side-brisbane-roar

Recently Newcastle Jets were bought 100% by  Ledman Group 2 months back.
    http://www.a-league.com.au/article/ffa-announces-purchase-of-newcastle-jets-by-ledman-group/130nqvcne6lps12y0tlbt08erg

So long there is interest from new investors I dont see the league getting jeopardised. Soon A league will get a new tv deal, which will provide much higher revenues. 

ArsenalFan700