Indian Football Transfer News 2016-17, Rumours, Gossips, Signings, ISL 2016

Comments

• munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    Why did they remove that article from Zee Sports website? On whose order?
  • amirsid123amirsid123 mumbai246 Points
    Zee realised that how dumb that article was

red_devilDomnickarenesudhakar2050
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29707 Points
    ohh that's y I was unable to open it. IMG-R now suppressing the press?
    munna219777
  • samsam 16526 Points
    Just waiting to see people post about how he has not played after his last season with FCPC.
    DXred_devil
  • lokeshchandaindialokeshchandaindia lokeshchandaindia1085 Points
    @ArsenalFan700 ... You are conveniently selecting points form the A-League but failing to answer some other questions which are very tough.

1) For starts, the new broadcast deal of the A-League hasn't been signed. Secondly, nothing has been decided how much share would go to the franchises. FYI, there is a big debate going on in Australia about there not being any relegation. 

2) The article points out important points about how teams that fair badly initially lose attendances and players lose interest in playing as there is no relegation. Same thing would happen in the ISL.

3) The article has touched upon various points about the cost of the League increasing if it is made a long league. Will the new franchises be willing to spend the extra money without getting any substantial returns?

4) FYI, the TRP's of the ISL have gone down since the first season.

I can't remember all of the points now but there are some very valid and hard truths that cannot be ignored. You are just harping on two or three points and not looking at the crux of the matter.

munna219777deepakc
  • lokeshchandaindialokeshchandaindia lokeshchandaindia1085 Points
    @ArsenalFan700 .. Another observation. You say that the Sydney FC Chairman said football is all about losses and investment should be made on passion. Well, I would go one step further and say this. Except for one Bundesliga team, all the rest made profits last season. Why should ISL follow the failed A-League model when there is a successful Bundesliga model to ape?
    munna219777Nagendrakartik91deepakcDeb_Bansanvedjadhav
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    @goalkeepar Agents of IMG-R regularly read IFN to look for Anti-ISL articles and get them removed. :)
    goalkeeparkarenesudhakar2050Nagendrakartik91deepakc
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    You are just hanging on to points that you think work at this point.

1) There is no debate about promotion/relegation right now. Occasionally you will get some clubs say that we should have it and some fans will go for it but I would say the debate for promotion/relegation is more stronger in the United States than it is in Australia. Right now the debate in Australian soccer and the A-League is where the next expansion slots should go. Wollongong and Canberra are the fan favorites for expansion while the FFA seem to be more looking at adding another Melbourne or Sydney side or maybe Geelong.

2) What players lose interest cause of promotion/relegation? The article never quoted any players who actually said that. I have spoken to A-League players and MLS players and none of them have mentioned losing interest because of that. They have jobs on the line and in Australia specifically, if you do not perform you are cut and if you are cut you become a semi-professional footballer and lose an income. This idea that players lose interest from no promotion/relegation is a myth. I follow a variety of leagues which do not have pro/rel and I have never seen that. If you are a professional athlete, you care, otherwise why become a footballer. You don't tank and not play. That is just a cop out.

3) The cost of the league will increase but the sponsorships and revenues should also increase. We don't know exactly how all this will work yet in a longer format. We just assume that the ISL will continue to operate the same way it does right now in a 2-3 month format when they could possibly, and more likely, tweak it a little. Esspecially with 2 more teams coming in. They can make it work, there is a reason why 4 of the top 5 sports leagues in the world in revenue are franchise sports leagues.

4) The ratings were down cause it is the second season. The first season was obviously always going to have better ratings but the ratings were still overall good. It was not even close to I-League levels and was still strong overall. Attendances were also up across the board (minus NorthEast United).

You are calling me out for holding on to two or three points when you are doing exactly the same. You are just desperate to prove that a franchise system can not work and are butt hurt that there is likely to be no promotion/relegation. If the ISL was going to have it you would probably not mind.
    munna219777NagendraThe real AGred_devilmohammed_87hassangopiajeeshatuljg
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    @lokeshchandaindia That was @red_devil and cool, lets just straight up do what the Bundesliga does in a country where football is far and away the most popular sport with lots and lots of history behind it compared to the A-League, which only started in the last decade. Do you not see what you are saying? It is not even as if the Bundesliga is protected from such bad publicity with situations with RB Leipzig supposedly ruining German tradition and teams like Stuttgart and Hamburg underperforming big time in recent times.

And the A-League model has not failed, it has far and away been successful for Australian soccer. You need to understand the Aussie soccer culture compared to German footballs, which you obviously don't. 
    red_devilatuljg