Indian Football Transfer News 2016-17, Rumours, Gossips, Signings, ISL 2016

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    I don't disagree with Chhetri and I don't think he means he wants to see 20 teams AT FIRST. The headline makes it seem like that but his quotes say that he would like 20 teams one day with 20 teams under as well which is something we should strive for in the future.
    AshishKaul
  • AshishKaulAshishKaul Ancient India1127 Points
    Key to Merger is to not have multiple teams representing a single place . Suppose Merger happens and we have  teams from Goa in all tiers . And suppose all make their way into top tier >_< 4 teams from Goa , 4 Teams from Kolkata and 3 teams from Pune will kill the league  :D
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    the league which has teams from only Goa,kolkata and pune is otherwise called i-league.

BFC alone is an exception.
    AshishKaulgoalkeeparatuljgdeepakcmohammed_87hassanred_devilshubham_northeasterndeepak dedhakartik91
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    The "pan indian" tournament has all sides operating for from Mumbai for the entire 90 days (which equals a year in their calendar)....better to have real clubs in places which deserve a position in top tier rather than pseudo Mumbai based representative "claiming" a riegon. As it stands NEROCA FC with 1/100th of a circus franchise budget has a more real claim to top tier in national league than any of the ephemeral brands of IMG. Its a sad state that fans with no real clubs to support are just happy that some other real clubs are withdrawing from national league.
    AshishKaulDeb_BangoalkeeparDXgaffertapekuldeep007EastBengalPridefootydipArsenalFan700shubham_northeasternand 5 others.
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    By clubs without fan support did u mean MFC, DSK, Scdegoa and Dempo?
    atuljgmohammed_87hassanred_devilamirsid123kartik91
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    I guess by fans he meant not clowns clapping in a circus.
    red_devilmunna219777DXDomnicgoalkeepar
  • RathindraRathindra kolkata95 Points
    Really !!! I beg to apologise.................but the thing is ......so many clowns and self-declared football pundits have gathered here !! They are of the opinion that no young talent should sign in f/o the Kolkata clubs, rather they should try playing in different tires of foreign leagues ! just remember so many greats of the past and some current players who have donned the national jersey from these clubs, and most of them joined these Kolkata clubs very young. The people with real talent will deliver in all conditions and you cannot shield someone from the heats of the big club experience (expectation of supporters etc.) to drag him to the apex level.
    I remember the comments in this forum posted last year that Prabir Das is a real crap signing...and after a year what we are seeing ! What will you say? I just doubt how many of these people have just kicked a football ever !!  
    debarghya89mohammed_87hassanatuljggaffertapeDomnicAKB
  • Prabir Das is still a crap,I bet u! 

Scoring few goals against some below par clubs in a 7/8 teams' super league in Kolkata doesn't make him a great player!

And if u feel am a part of the self-declared football pundits, so be it! :D :D 

Else,discuss logically here why he isn't a crap! 
    AshishKaulgaffertapeDomnicmohammed_87hassanindianFootballFanAKB
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    @Soccerlover Welcome to the club :p 

@Rathindra I am guessing you took offense to me saying that he shouldn't be playing for Mohun Bagan? I am sorry, I am a fan of Indian football, not Mohun Bagan. I don't see Jerry progressing under Sanjoy Sen, instead I see him potentially stalling and wasting potential that could be better served if he were to develop with proper coaches and infrastructure.

Only place I would be okay with him joining in the I-League is Bengaluru FC but they already have Nishu
    SoccerloverdeepakcDeb_Banmohammed_87hassanEastBengalPrideAKBRonny