India at Tokyo 2020: A Roadmap

Comments

• ashindiaashindia 9365 Points
    Deepika Kumari Archery Quarter Final begins. Winning this big match will mostly probably give her confidence to win a Olympic medal finally.
    As usual fuck up in 2nd set which she could have easily won. 
    Loses out on straight sets. Lousy shooting and mentally weak person(I am saying this because she is experienced and still she can’t handle at such levels). 
    Darkomunna219777Badkartik91
  • DarkoDarko Mumbai177 Points
    I wasn't criticizing Kom, and I admire what she has accomplished for herself and for the nation.

My point is that age matters in sports - I saw the fight and recognized this fact even more. I'd rather not see her go down against a weaker opponent because of age catching up on her. And it's not just her. It is a common problem in every sport - and even in most professional fields. The damage of time is so subtle that one is always a poor judge of one's ability. That's where an objective selection criteria comes into the picture.

Still at this age, if there is no one better than her in the category, then it reflects poorly on the Boxing federation. We can NEVER win anything with such dismal system.

ashindia said:
    Loses out on straight sets. Lousy shooting and mentally weak person(I am saying this because she is experienced and still she can’t handle at such levels). 

People always like to compare skill / talent separately from pressure - one has skill, but one can't handle the pressure. This is a bogus argument. Skill / Talent can't be measured in a vacuum. Skill involves handling pressure. If you can't handle the pressure, your skill is lacking. All these false dichotomies of Skill Vs Pressure sink us deeper and deeper in mediocrity.

munna219777
    1) Shooting - disaster. High Expectations, Zero Results. Except Saurabh, I don't want to see the other names in Paris UNLESS there is a dramatic turnaround that reflects in consistent success against top seeds.

2) Archery - exasperation. Same athletes and same problem every time. No progress. If I read the same names in Paris, I'll cross the event out.

3) Boxing - displeasure. Not tapping our full potential. The federation needs an overhaul.

4) Badminton - displeasure. We seem to have stuck a plateau and can't graduate up... what's the problem?

5) TT - poor. To be honest, I don't think we can ever do much in this. TT is like Cricket of China/East Asia.

spartamunna219777kartik91
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6759 Points
    P.V.Sindhu won 1st set against Amaguchi ( 21-13). 2nd set will start in few mins. Let's hope for the best.
    ashindiaDarkogiridharanmunna219777
    Sindhu into semis  <3 two straight sets 😎
    DarkoCarbon_14munna219777
    ashindia said:
    Sindhu into semis  <3 two straight sets 😎

What stands now between her and the gold?