India at Tokyo 2020: A Roadmap

Comments

• BadBad 5146 Points
    PV Sindhu vs  Akane Yamaguchi in Quarter Finals.

What do you guys think ? How strong is Yamaguchi ?

It's a 50:50 match in my opinion.
    munna219777
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    In Hockey, we should take it simple, that is, step by step. We should not think too ahead of ourselves. In quarter-finals , knock out pressure is totally different. We need to be sharp for the entire 60minutes. Let's first wait and see with regards to which team we actually face.
    munna219777Darko
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    Lovlina Borgohain can get a Medal tomorrow morning for India 8:48 AM as every semi finalist is guaranteed a medal.
    deepuCarbon_14
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    And Guys,with respect to  Mary Kom:-

I think we are overreacting because we haven't won medals where we should have won(Shooting).
    Since, we haven't won medals in shooting, so we taking out our anger at every Athlete (on every Athlete who has an outside chance of winning medal).

I mean, nobody rated Mary to be one of our prime Medal contenders(we know she is past her peak) but she is here on merit and nobody can deny it.

Moreover, she is without doubt the best ever athlete that India has produced(6 time World championship Gold medalist and 8 time World Championship Medalist).Apart from that,she has won Adian Games, Commonwealth Games,multiple Asian Championship and an Olympic Bronze. I mean, know one comes close to her achievements and it will take a long time to surpass these achievements.

It is both our and Mary's badluck that Women's Boxing was introduced in 2012 and not 2000.Had it been introduced slightly earlier then she would have definitely won us an Olympic Gold(s) for sure. Such was here dominance.

We should be proud of her achievements and feel honoured that she is born in India and we are Indians. Instead, some of you are criticising her is beyond belief for me. I mean, even today it was a close score(3:2). So, take a break, don't let others (Shooter's poor performance hamper your spirits).

From tomorrow onwards, everyday is a big day, Therefore,hope for the best, keep your spirits high and hopefully we will do well and reach our target of total number of medals.

But for God's sake, stop criticising Mary. She is the greatest Sportsperson this country has ever produced.
    Carbon_14DarkoRonnymasefieldtheoilfieldashindiaNagendrashibiergiridharanGuwahatiansouravindiaand 1 other.
  • Carbon_14Carbon_14 Bengaluru 4771 Points
    *one of the greatest 
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6759 Points
    Bad said:
    PV Sindhu vs  Akane Yamaguchi in Quarter Finals.
    What do you guys think ? How strong is Yamaguchi ?
    It's a 50:50 match in my opinion.
    @ munna.. As I mentioned earlier, both follow similar strategies and has similar abilities, game play and loopholes. But I would say, Sindhu will make the cut in Q.F due to her reach & smashes.
    munna219777
  • ashindiaashindia 9365 Points
    Sindhu is a big match player. Delivers when matters, she is quite similar to chettri for NT. It is going to be tough but she will come out better. 
    Nagendra
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6759 Points
    @ Bad
    + 100 for most of the points related to Mary Kom.

But I don't think, she would have surely won Olympic Golds if Women's boxing is inducted from 2000 Olympics.
    If Women's boxing is Olympic sport in 2000, then most of the countries would have taken it seriously and we can never predict the outcome.

@ friends
    Even at the age of 38, she is best among Indians in her Fly-weight category. As far as I know, next best is Nikhat Zareen and she lost last 2 bouts against Mary including trail for Olympic Qualifiers. Even if we take-out past laurels, she is consistently winning medals in international stage and most recently Silver medal in 2021 Asian Boxing Championships.
    Darkosouravindiamunna219777
  • spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points
    Deepika Kumari vs San An of Korea at 11:30. Let's hope that Deepika shoots 3 perfect sets.This is the biggest match of her life till now.
  • ashindiaashindia 9365 Points
    Lovelina guarantees a medal for India in boxing 🥊 
    thebeautifulgameG_Kgiridharanmunna219777deepu