India at Tokyo 2020: A Roadmap

Comments

• ashindiaashindia 9365 Points
    Kamalpreet Kaur throws 64 meters qualifies for final by finishing 2nd overall. Her season best is 66 which is more than last years bronze position.

Menawhile Atanu Das and Amit Panghal out in their respective events.
    spartaBadDarkomunna219777
  • spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points
    In the finals of Discuss throw, anything can happen. Let's hope that she is consistent with her throws in the finals and we can see a surprise medal in Women's discuss throw.
    BadDarkomunna219777Passi
  • DarkoDarko Mumbai177 Points
    I'm stunned by Amit Panghal's surrender. What the hell happened to him?
    Badashindiamunna219777deepu
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    Guys, I had a dream today, where I saw Amit losing but Pooja Rani winning. 

Let's see what happens..
    Darkoashindiaharitrams24G_K
    Pooja Rani outclassed in match. Never looked like she was defending those punches. One more medal gone without any fight. 
    Darkomunna219777
    edited July 2021
    Embarrassingly bad day for India. More than the defeat, it is the surrender without any fight that is painful.

Sindhu had such a great chance in the first round as Tai was nervous and making errors, but she couldn't capitalize.

Now, News coming that Satish Kumar is on the injured list and may not fight further.

munna219777Bad
    What is the realistic medal tally at this point that you'd expect?

0 - Gold [LoL]

1-2 - Silver [Mirabai, Kamalpreet]

3-4 - Bronze [Lovlina, Sindhu, Phogat, Punia, Men Hockey]

---

So, I'm expecting an overall performance at par with Rio. I do pray that I'm proven wrong...
    Ronny
  • dev_pfcdev_pfc Pune1937 Points
    Vinesh Phogat is our best bet for gold. she was a favourite in Rio too, until she got injured during quarterfinal.
    Darko
    Kamalpreet will not get Silver as there is a Croatian who can throw 66 above(won last two Olympic golds). First she needs to throw 65 meters(which is not impossible but is difficult)

Tajinder Toor in shot put may have outside chance of bronze medal if he can thrown 22 meters(21.49 is season best which is equivalent of 2016 4th place finish).

Neeraj Chopra has to throw 88 to stand a chance of winning bronze medal. Currently season he has the 3rd best throw in the world.

Darkomunna219777
    dev_pfc said:
    Vinesh Phogat is our best bet for gold. she was a favourite in Rio too, until she got injured during quarterfinal.

I hope you prove true, but she has a mental block against the No 3 Jap.