ISL Week 3 Discussion Thread

Comments

• 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    This is funny , when Indian play well then ISL Is doing job , when Indian dont play well or dont get chances then blame the players. Come on Indian players need chance to play key position so that they can make some impact right now they are in supporting role .
    karenesudhakar2050Carbon_14ArsenalFan700atuljgred_devilmohammed_87hassandeepakckuldeep007
  • red_devilred_devil kolkata2468 Points
    Indians werent playing "supporting role"  in the previous years ? Thats even funnier. 
    atuljg
    ATK matches seems like most boring crowd wise as you can hear coaches , GK instruction .. Crowd seems like least interested in the action .
    red_devilatuljgmunna219777alecsdeepakcamirsid123shubham_northeasternkuldeep007
    If you say crowd seems least interested in the action, have nothing more to say. Much better crowd than the first game

atuljgkartik91
  • samsam 16430 Points
    Full stadium today. Noise is there. Positioning of mics are not good. Stands not too close either like Mumbai
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Shut up Negi, you are just making shit up now.

When I watch the ISL matches and the Indians I am looking for Indian players that seem to be of the same quality as your average foreigner... like can they be as influential as one. So far the only one to me who has done that is Kean Lewis. Other than that though, in terms of attacking players, we don't have many in ISL who play regularly and the ones that do are just not that good. I still wonder why Baljit Sahni even starts for Chennaiyin, Mohammed Rafi is old and crap, Mohammed Rafique is average, same with Holicharan Narzary but he has his moments. Mumbai City have played and started a few Indian attacking wingers with Boithang Haokip, Daniel Lalrinmuana, and Jackichand Singh playing but they have not gotten enough time and when they do, its average, nothing great or as good as your average ISL foreigner. Other than that I can't really think about any other good Indians... Romeo Fernandes and Mandar Rao Desai are on the bench these days. This is where the ISL is not good for Indians (won't say fail; Arata Izumi is too old)

Most Indian players are in defensive position (including defensive midfielder). Most goalkeepers are now old and some are doing well. Subrata Pal has not looked bad for NorthEast, Karanjit has not done much wrong since starting for Chennaiyin, Majumdar still looks to be warming up. Nandy has not had many attacks against him. Defensively, Sandesh Jhingan has been good, having Aaron Hughes and Hengbart as his partners this season has helped him. Sena Ralte has looked good for Mumbai City whenever I have watched him, Wadoo has been okay, Chinglensana Singh has looked good for Delhi Dynamos, and while Pune City play an almost all Indian back 4, no one has stood out. Narayan Das looks good, same with Ravanan and Gouramangi but I wouldn't say anything more than that. Having young guys like Jerry Lalrinzuala play is great but he has not been the best at all, he shows his age easily.

Rowllin Borges in midfield has looked good for NorthEast United. Surprising so has Mehtab Hossain for Kerala... silently. Siam looked good last match against NorthEast, that ball for the goal was sexy, but that was only his first start and he barely played in the I-League last few years so wait before we judge on that one. Milan Singh has been meh for Delhi Dynamos, somewhat surprised he plays and feel he is only starting cause Zambrotta has to field 5 Indians. Halder and Sehnaj are crap.

So ya, that is really it. No one truly stands out this season. In attack, its Kean Lewis, in defense, probably Sandesh Jhingan, Sena Ralte, Chinglensana Singh etc. In goal, Pal and Karanjit etc. We need a lot more though.

Also don't like how in ISL, cause of the schedule and probably other factors, there is not much consistency with Indian players. Mumbai City is an example, having 3 different Indian wingers with none playing consistently. Who does Alexandre like more? We don't know. This is also an example of WHY we need to reduce the number of foreigners in the ISL. I don't mind starting foreigners in attacking positions but would be better if Indians replaced them from the bench. 
    red_devilatuljgspartaCarbon_14amirsid123shubham_northeasternkartik91
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Forgot to mention Pritam Kotal. He has looked impressive whenever I have seen him, still only 23 so can still get better.
    atuljgamirsid123
    Debjit deserves MOM today for those saves but hume gets it for his penalty goal.
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Maybe Calcutta crowd is following Subhas Dutta Environmentalist advice and trying not to wake up Birds of Rabindra Sarobar.
    BrainFallINDIADeb_Banamirsid123shibier
    Kolkatans are peace loving people 
    munna219777