ISL Week 3 Discussion Thread

Comments

• EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Yeah that's why there was a fan fight in the U16 Kolkata derby last week. And the return derby will have almost 500 cops at EB ground :D
    munna219777archakdeepakc
  • red_devilred_devil kolkata2468 Points
    ATK needs to improve on their finishing if they have any plans to qualify for the semis. As of now ATK is riding on penalties and deflected goals. One injured foreigner , two foreigners out with red cards, and one foreigner (Belencoso) who has no clue what he is doing. Reminds me of Fred from Brasilian NT in 2014 WC. Things dont look good for ATK at present. Hope Postiga comes back soon. 
    @EastBengalPride ya..peace loving , apart from derbies. Bengalis are harmless, unless provoked. :)
    munna219777
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29650 Points
    Ya, Kolkatans/Bengalis are peace loving...piece loving...never disturb any birds :D :p
    munna219777red_devil
    Oct 22 2016 , Rabindra Sarobar Stadium, Kolkata   Attendance : 10893
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    edited October 2016
    I saw no one is interested in rating the marquees this season based on their performance till now. I'll do the honors.

Malouda 2.5/5 - Hasn't played all the games. But, has come up and helped the team whenever needed. He has been okay in the midfield. He was better last season. This season though he has neither been able to provide assists nor goals. Still 8 games to go. I expect more from him. 

Sissoko 4/5 - Probably the best marquee in terms of work rate and performance. Has provided defensive solidity to FCP defense. Fit, dynamic and enthusiastic. Justifies the price tag. The hard work though has not translated to wins for the team. Attacks are feeble. Habas's return will them. 

Hughes 3.5/5 - The guy just played against Germany last week or so. So, he is still at the highest level. Good experience, decently fit, and still has motivation to give best. Has been solid at the back. 

Zokora 3.5/5 - The silent guardian. No one would say that he is the marquee. Has operated in defensive role and done decently. Not much to say. 
    Deb_Banred_devilamirsid123
    Forlan , Lucio and Postiga 0/5 for me. Riise 1/5. 
    Deb_Ban
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    @ArsenalFan700 u forgot to mention Mehrajuddin Wadoo in youe post

We Chennayin fans will boycott your post from now 
    DX
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    edited October 2016
    Postiga 1.5/5 - Same only story. Has only played 2 games till now. This guy has do much of potential. Damn injuries. ATK needs him as much he needs ATK. The team has a clueless attack. Hume has not been in good form. Belensco is confused. Postiga must be fit soon if the team aspires to be at the top. 

Lucio 1/5 - Not much to say. Under his leadership, the team has failed to plug the leaking goals. Gregory is shit. He has no support whatsoever. 

Forlan 1.5/5 - Apart from the goal and assist in 2 consecutive games, has not played that much. Last game was poor from him. Does not justify the price tag. Either he is too good and is not getting enough quality support or he had become shit. Lets wait and watch as he gets more game time. 

Riise 1/5 - okayish. Nothing special for a defender marquee. He and mendy were poorly exposed by Delhi. Materazzi will therefore never play both of them together ever. They are slow and do not complement each other. 
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    @mohammed_87hassan Haha, I mentioned Wadoo in my post :) I said he has been okay. Good on the attack and decent in the defense but I have seen him get beaten a few times on his right side a few times, sometimes a little to easily. He is also a bit old now so I won't focus on him as much. I like Pritam Kotal more.