Commonwealth Games 2018 : Mission Gold at Gold Coast

Comments

• BadBad 5141 Points
    Mirabai Chanu"s Quality can be assessed just by the fact that she lifted 196kg in 48kg category to Win Gold.
    Sanjita Chanu lifted a total of 192 in 53 kg to win Gold.
    Gold Medal in 58kg went to a lifter who lifted 201 kg.

So,despite being a difference of 10kg in category\weight,the weight lifting difference is just 5 kg which is amazing.

BTW,Sanjitha has lifted 195 kg in 53 category previously.In 53 kg category,if you lift 200 kg,then you can be a medal contender at Olympics/World Championships.So,a little more work by her can put her among the Medal contenders as far as Olypics\World Championships are concerned.
    deepuspartamunna219777
  • deepudeepu Somaliya1621 Points
    mirabai is in her own league 
    munna219777
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    For Tomorrow,

1)Expecting 2 more Gold Medals in Mens"s 77kg and 85kg category in weightlifting from Satish and Rahul respectively.

2)Expecting India to thump Pakistan in Hockey by a margin of atleast 5 Goals.

3)Expecting Table Tennis Teams(Men and Women),Badminton team to progress to Semi Finals(Medal Rounds). 

4)Also,i am expecting our Boxers to move to next rounds and remain undefeated.

So,lot to look forward too.

deepuCarbon_14spartamunna219777
  • deepudeepu Somaliya1621 Points
    @Bad why isn't there any hammer thrower from india?
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Deepu,

When it comes to Technical Sports In Athletics,we struggle.Technical Sports in Athletics would be Hammer Throw,Pole Vault,Javelin(women) etc.In these sort of Sports we Struggle.So,Therefore no/limited Participation.

However,without any doubt we are slowly improving.

Men"s Javelin Throw Standard has gone up significantly.We are becoming a force to be reckon with in Men"S Javelin.We have 2-3 Javelin Throwers,who can throw around 85 metres consistenly,which is amazing.

We are catching up in other Technical Events like Hammer Throw.Watch out for DAMNEET SINGH in 3-5 years time.He is a Special Talent.He has got the potential to become a top Hammer Thrower.
    deepumunna219777shibierBrainFallINDIACarbon_14SOCCER4klspartaashindiakartik91
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    India traditionally used to win lot of medals in Weightlifting as there used to be separate medals in Snatch   and Clean & Jerk for each categories.
    It was removed later on but until 2002 Commonwealth Games, this was one of  the main medal generator.
    Shooting revolution only happened in the 1990s with the likes of Jaspal rana.
    We were always strong in Wrestling, getting medals even in 1930s.
    Carbon_14
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29621 Points
    Sathish Sivalingam wins India's third gold in the men's 77 kg weightlifting event
    BrainFallINDIAdeepuBadmunna219777ashindia
  • shibiershibier 2996 Points
    Venkat Rahul Ragala won the gold in 85kg weight lifting !!!
    deepuBadmunna219777ashindia
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Hockey,

India(2)-Pakistan(2)

Pathetic Performance by us.No,Cohesion,Defence and Midfield very extremely bad.This is the Worst performance of the Indian Team in last 5-10 years.I am very disappointed.Worst,i have seen Indian Senior Team play.

Sab ke sab ghatiya(polite word hai yeh) players liye hue hain.Ghatiya selection of the squad.

Vivek Sagar,Gurinder,Sumit are bad beyond belief.Dilpreet is okay but has got long way to go and certainly these players have no comparison with the likes of Ramandeep,Nikkin etc.These players play school level hockey.

Centre Midfield Postion is the most important position in Hockey(aur in bachoon(kids) ko khila rahe ho,international teams with wreck havoc,(pocket mein dalke le jayengi Vivek Sagar,Sumit type ke players ko).Same happened Today.

International Tournaments,specially of this stature are not testing Grounds where you are distributing Indian caps for free.

At Senior level,where Pride is at stake these experiments shouldn"t be done.We played Harjeet Singh for 2 years(when i said that he was not ready for international matches,now after 2 years when he is showing signs of improvement,now he is not being picked).I just fail to understand the logic behind it.

In Every Tournament,we change our team and introduce 5-6 complete New players who don"t deserve to be played and in no Tournament we play are best team which doesn"t allow our Team to get settle and consistent.

If we play the same game which we played today against the likes of England,Australia etc then i am afraid to say, we will get thumped by a Tennis Score.

I hope that we get better from the Next Match.
    Carbon_14munna219777