India vs Bangladesh 15 October AFC FIFA World Cup Qualifier Second Round

Comments

• NaujawanNaujawan 1609 Points
    edited October 2019
    @sunny he doesn't have the attributes for that role. F9 is something Sunil somewhat plays. You need good dribbling, not just speed, infact don't need so much speed. You need to be able to play with your back to the goal, have amazing passing and shooting, awareness. Imagine players like Brandon and Sunil, similar to a number 10. But roles are different.

False 9s draw defenders out and pull them to the center. Quite detrimental for our fastest player. Totti, Messi, fabregas played this role. 

If you want to play him upfront, he needs to work on his finishing and composure. He can play as a poacher/fast forward. 
    munna219777
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    If only Udanta can improve his first touch, shooting, dribbling, composure etc, he could play the same role which Jamie Vardy plays for Leicester.
    giridharan
  • dev_pfcdev_pfc Pune1936 Points
    I feel sometimes Udanta gets unnecessarily criticized by some people here, maybe because he doesn't play for their club. @Chelseafan he has excellent first touch, remember the second goal against Thailand, any other player and that move would ended up as throw in for Thailand even before it started. 
    What he needs is better thinking in the box. He needs to get out of traditional winger mindset and he is improving every season. He was second highest Indian goalscorer last season in ISL.
    sudheermylankalgoalkeepar
    Yeah, he gets a lot of extra slack, indian fans have always needed scapegoats. I agree the likes of Poojary need to be tried out but that doesn't mean we throw our fastest player into the dump. We as a team suck, can't expect Udanta to be chettri quality.
    goalkeepar
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] 4984 Points
    edited October 2019
    people dont criticise udanta for nothing, thing is over the time he has become predictable and on the top of that our think tank still opt for traditional way as follows
    start from defence----thapa/sahal pass to udanta----he runs like anything from flank----in the end flunks by shooting waywardly .. 
    any sane person can predict this forget opposition teams...

I am not saying throw him out, but definitely we need back up on both wings, who can bring something new on table

I mean you can be predictable and still succeed. Everyone knows  Messi will cut left and shoot but still people can't stop it. As long as you execute the plan, there is no problem. But Udanta lacks that kind of quality, we need him to run at defence. Opposition knows udantas pace so don't push too high up, giving more time and space to our midfielders and defenders to play from the back. Even historically we have never had good wingers. Steven dias and Clifford Miranda have around 6-7 goals in 50+ matches. We need to be realistic with our expectations.
    Ronny
  • lol no one is saying he should be like messi, how hard it is for selectors being realistic and look for alternatives
    Neither am I. I am just saying predictibility isn't a problem here, quality is. If other wingers can't score or assist better, he will always be picked before them.
  • other wingers need to be picked ahead of him so that they atleast get chances to prove

all we have tried is nikhil poojary on that position
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29252 Points
    @Naujawan why you don't want players like Danmawia ralte to replace age fraud 29 year old udanta ? Is udanta one of your agency players ? That you reject any other player from playing in that position.
    NagendraSiVkartik91