India vs Qatar, Bangladesh & Afghanistan Group E World Cup Qualifiers I 3 June 7 June & 15 June 2021

Comments

• NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6766 Points
    ;Chelseafan

If it is 11 vs 11 , no one would have satisfied with the loss. Team played with 10 men for almost 75 minutes against superior team. Qatar are Asian champions and dominated almost all Asian teams.

Their defense is very good and conceded only 1 goal in entire Asian cup that too in final against Japan.
    Even teams like Saudi Arabia, Iraq , South Korea & UAE failed to score against Qatar.  Despite conceding goal in Asian cup final, they dominated Japan and won by 3-1. In total scored 19 goals & conceded 1 goal in Asian cup.

Even in 2022 FIFA World Cup qualifiers, they are very good and conceded only 1 goal & scored 17 goals.

We need to give due credit when we played considerably well. No one expected us to win this Qatar game.

Regarding draws against China, Oman & Jordan, those are friendlies. And we shouldn't count Puerto Rico win as they are in jet lag & they don't have time for preparation . 

Thailand game is good. We defeated them twice in last 3 years.
    Ronnydeepak dedhanamewtheldgaffertapeAbhishekCarbon_14dev_pfckartik91masefieldtheoilfieldindian_gooner
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30182 Points
    Indian Goalkeepers and Doha: Gurpreet Singh Sandhu continues a proud tradition

Abdelkarim Hassan, Qatar's world-class wing-back came up and patted Gurpreet. "You should be playing in the Premier League - you are good enough. What are you doing here?" Abdelkarim, who had been foiled time and again by Gurpreet during the match, rhetorically asked. There were smiles all around. 

But it came with a warning. "The next time we play again, I will score past you," he quipped.

"I will do my job," Gurpreet smiled back.

"Great job man. You are too good," Abdelkarim waved and made his way to his dressing room.

"I have had good outings. But I've never had an opposition team player come to me and say that I am good enough to play in a big league. That's a huge compliment," Gurpreet murmured.

The love affair of Indian goalkeepers at the magnificent Jassim Bin Hamad Stadium, Doha continues. It was here that in 2011 in the AFC Asian Cup Qatar 2011 that Subrata Paul's heroics earned him the nickname 'Spiderman'. And it was here that in September 2019, Gurpreet led from the front to thwart Qatar without conceding any.

A trip down the memory lane will make you remember that in 2011, it was Mark Schwarzer, the then Australian National Team goalkeeper, playing for Fulham who had knocked at the Indian team's dressing room to meet Subrata and eventually exchange jerseys, an appreciation to Subrata's performance on that day.

Rival coach Felix Sanchez felt India were a "difficult team to beat".

"We generated around 25 shots in the match and the goalkeeper played a great game once again. He was very good under the bar and made a huge difference. The next time we play again, we will not allow him to be at his best," Sanchez's appreciation came for Gurpreet.

"I didn't count the number of saves. But I feel it was more than the last time. We played with 10-men for most part of the match. But we had our chances too," Gurpreet opined. "Against such quality opposition like Qatar such chances come very rare. We need to take them."

Back in Kolkata, 'Spiderman' Subrata Paul laughed when reminded about his exploits in the 2011 Asian Cup at the same ground. "That was a decade back," he quipped. "I need to hug Gurpreet for the manner in which he came out with such flying colours. When a rival team is attacking relentlessly, it's easy to lose concentration for that split second. But he is my special boy," maintained the 'Spiderman'. "In fact, the fighting spirit on display by the entire squad is commendable. Everyone played their hearts out."

https://www.mykhel.com/football/indian-goalkeepers-and-doha-gurpreet-singh-sandhu-continues-a-proud-tradition-167891.html?story=4
    namewtheldmunna219777ashindiaAbhishekkartik91indian_gooner
  • shibiershibier 2997 Points
    If not premier league QSL at least ! GSS should have tell that to Abdel Karim
    giridharanmunna219777ashindiadeepuCarbon_14kartik91indian_gooner
  • AbhishekAbhishek 461 Points
    shibier said:
    If not premier league QSL at least ! GSS should have tell that to Abdel Karim

But who will pay him the money he gets at BFC + comforts of staying in home country, is the question! 😀

PS: I know he really worked hard on his trade at one of the Scandinavian clubs for few years, which made him what he is today! 
    giridharandeepudeepak dedhakartik91indian_gooner
    ;Abhishek

Problem is not the money. Top Qatar clubs like Al-Sadd, Al-Duhail, Al-Rayyan & Al-Gharafa can pay double the amount what he is earning in BFC.

But most of the Qatar & UAE clubs don't prefer to sign a GK. Same with Korean clubs. Even in India, how many foreign GK are playing. 

For Indian GK, only possible Asian league is J League. Even J2 league clubs pay good money & J2 league better than ISL competition wise.

As you said, GSS stayed with Norway club for 3 seasons and we can't blame him. For GK, to get enough chances in European leagues is pretty tough.. 
    goalkeepargaffertapeAbhishekgiridharanindian_gooner
    @ gaffertape

bro.. instead of staying in hibernation , why don't you come out & provide some insightful information.

No one in IFN expecting you to share all the information & risk your job/profession. We just need some insights/clues about our players.

Ex : One of Indian NT Mid-field Player trying their luck in Asian/European leagues.
    dev_pfcgoalkeeparAbhishekashindiagiridharanSanjeev Biswasgaffertapeindian_gooner
  • dev_pfcdev_pfc Pune1937 Points
    Lets start a thread to bring @gaffertape ; from his self imposed exile.
    haritrams24goalkeeparashindiagiridharanspartadeepak dedhaAbhishekkartik91gaffertape
  • Soham_DeSoham_De Kolkata1673 Points
    No apuia please he is too slow... Needs more practice with teammates. Need Anirudh and sahal immediately. And Rowlin. Glan is in FC goa mode , edu bedia isn't by his side, so I think Rowlin is better choice. 
    munna219777goalkeeparRonnydebarghya89sudheermylankaldeepudeepak dedha
  • Soham_DeSoham_De Kolkata1673 Points
    Need this control over the ball in midfield, because we know Bangladesh are gonna park the bus
    Ronnydeepu